Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CosmicFarmer
    replied
    I have made a trifilar Bedini Slayer that gives me a negative amp draw reading...
    The meter is surely fooled...

YouTube - BediniSlayerMeterReadings.wmv

Please watch and give me your opinion?

The next step is to test this with an outside ground instead of house ground. Will do that later today.

Leave a comment:

• Zooty
    replied
    Bridge rectifier as AV plus doubles output.

I don't know if anyone has tried this.. probably, but if you make a bridge rectifier out of 4 1n4148's, put 2 bits of wire, 1 on each side of the ac input and your output on the DC side, you get double the output for no extra input. Also, if you connect one of the AC to ground its even better. I also have the led/diode in the base of the circuit connected to ground and the led lights up slightly when the battery is disconnected, just like cosmicfarmers setup.

Leave a comment:

• TanTric
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
    @Woopy.Thanks for your kind words

If this was to be used in space,it would need a medium to ionise but gas is highly compressable and even a waste product from astronauts could be used and as it uses so little power solar energy could run it.
    Don't you think it is amazing that if you put your setup in space,it would eventualy get to mars?
    maybe someday we will have some free energy powered spaceship with very powerfull plasma propulsion (velocity), so we can go even far away from the sun and will not need any solar panels!

Originally posted by woopy View Post
    Hi Jonny and Tantric
    the input is 12 volts at about 650 ma

I tried with 24 volts it works but i fried 2 transistors TIP 31 C, and on another test i exploded one (see pix). Big boooommm So be carefull .
    auch, that transistor impressed me, they should not handle at least 100V? thats what say in the datasheet...

by the way, i am JuJu!

L1 is 32 ohm and 7.5 mh wound with 0.3 mm copper, height 23 cm dia 6.5 cm
    L2 pancake 6 turns 0.8 plain copper with plastic insulation with 0.2 ohm and 0.007 mh
    Laurent
    very interesting the fact that you have strong plasma output with a L1 of only 32ohm... i think thats why in my setup i dont see so much plasma... because mine is near 150ohm resistance...

Leave a comment:

• TheCell
    replied
    Originally posted by Farrah Day View Post
    Hi Bob, with reference to tuning, you might find this invaluable.

Jamie Oliver's Tesla Coil Demonstration Page

Dear Farrah Day,

Yes thanks, it did. Tonight I will study the page and give it a try.

Cheers,

Bob
    Last edited by TheCell; 12-19-2013, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Farrah Day
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCell View Post
    @TheCell.Hi Bob.Have you fired any of those nice coils up yet and if so,what happened?Jonny

Jonny,

Yes I did, but the results we mixed. I have three circuits to play with...and the lack of tuning becomes very self evident. I have a couple of the Docs, one of your simplest versions, and the "super jewel thief". The super gives the lowest ma at 12 volts, 11 ma. That is with both towers at 12 inches apart. Tonight, I will do the comparison and make a vid to post, so all can see how well or not it works....it's nothing compared to you "meters apart" towers with llight.....have to figure how to get to that stage.

Cheers,

Bob Potchen
    Hi Bob, with reference to tuning, you might find this invaluable.

Jamie Oliver's Tesla Coil Demonstration Page

Leave a comment:

• TheCell
    replied
    @TheCell.Hi Bob.Have you fired any of those nice coils up yet and if so,what happened?Jonny

Jonny,

Yes I did, but the results we mixed. I have three circuits to play with...and the lack of tuning becomes very self evident. I have a couple of the Docs, one of your simplest versions, and the "super jewel thief". The super gives the lowest ma at 12 volts, 11 ma. That is with both towers at 12 inches apart. Tonight, I will do the comparison and make a vid to post, so all can see how well or not it works....it's nothing compared to you "meters apart" towers with llight.....have to figure how to get to that stage.

Cheers,

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Farrah Day
    replied
    Originally posted by rave154 View Post
    its late here....and....late at night....i often find myself with a mindset of "how can we round this up?, how can we tie this all together and come up with something useful"....

by useful.....i dont mean.......being able to light a couple of flouro's by placing them in proximity to a large coil......i mean.....REALLY useful...

so....what are we going to do, to pull in all the loose threads and make something "useful" happen

remember....everything ive said above.....is NOT an attack.....its meant in the spirit of being helpful ( if i can )

Ahimsa

David. D
    I think it all depends on which direction any individual wants to take it. With me, my first love is electrolysis, so naturally I'll be trying to use what has been learned here and apply it to my Closed-Loop Electrolyser.

But as JD, says there are many possible avenues to explore - just look at the lighting applications alone! And there are possibly quite a few applications that no one has yet dreamed up.

As kindly pointed out to me by EM Devices over on the Overunity Reseach Forum, we basically have mini Tesla Coil devices.

Single transistor solid state Tesla Coil

The Tesla coil is one of Nikola Tesla's most famous inventions. It is essentially a high-frequency air-core transformer. It takes the output from a 120vAC to several kilovolt transformer & driver circuit and steps it up to an extremely high voltage. Voltages can get to be well above 1,000,000 volts and are discharged in the form of electrical arcs. Tesla himself got arcs up to 100,000,000 volts, but I don't think that has been duplicated by anybody else. Tesla coils are unique in the fact that they create extremely powerful electrical fields. Large coils have been known to wirelessly light up florescent lights up to 50 feet away, and because of the fact that it is an electric field that goes directly into the light and doesn't use the electrodes, even burned-out florescent lights will glow.
    Last edited by Farrah Day; 07-07-2010, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    Too good

last update with the double jet

Very fast and i cannot count the rpms

but now i have to go to work

good bye

Laurent
    Last edited by woopy; 08-29-2010, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    HeHE

it spins very well

the plasmajet is much smaller (probably due to very crude setup) but the current is also smaller 450 ma.

it spins at 160 rpm

not bad for a first test

Laurent
    Attached Files
    Last edited by woopy; 08-13-2010, 10:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    Hi Jonny and Tantric

the input is 12 volts at about 650 ma

I tried with 24 volts it works but i fried 2 transistors TIP 31 C, and on another test i exploded one (see pix). Big boooommm So be carefull .

With 12 volts no problem until now. I use a heat sink on the transistor.

some more datas

L1 is 32 ohm and 7.5 mh wound with 0.3 mm copper, height 23 cm dia 6.5 cm
    L2 pancake 6 turns 0.8 plain copper with plastic insulation with 0.2 ohm and 0.007 mh

Next test i will try to make something spinning with the plasma jet. and if it works , let's go to MARS

good day at all

Laurent
    Last edited by woopy; 07-14-2010, 09:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    @Woopy.Thanks for your kind words
    f you twists the wire's end, the direction of the propulsion will follow and will be always aligned with the last mm of the wire. ( in the length of the wire)

The best test is to put the power on and of , and you will see the pendeling wire go from right to left always stronger. !!!
    This is very interesting as the last mm of wire is acting as a directional nozzle which is a far simpilar way of focusing the plasma than the magnetic fields used in current ion drives.
    If this was to be used in space,it would need a medium to ionise but gas is highly compressable and even a waste product from astronauts could be used and as it uses so little power solar energy could run it.
    Don't you think it is amazing that if you put your setup in space,it would eventualy get to mars?
    Thanks for posting some great pics and i see your using the diode from emitter to base.This is how i get a sustained plasma jet with the slayer exciter at 220mA at 16V.What is your input as your plasma jet looks amazing?
    Nice work Laurent .Jonny
    @Rave154.
    Originally posted by rave154 View Post
    its late here....and....late at night....i often find myself with a mindset of "how can we round this up?, how can we tie this all together and come up with something useful"....

by useful.....i dont mean.......being able to light a couple of flouro's by placing them in proximity to a large coil......i mean.....REALLY useful...

so....what are we going to do, to pull in all the loose threads and make something "useful" happen

remember....everything ive said above.....is NOT an attack.....its meant in the spirit of being helpful ( if i can )

Ahimsa

David. D
    Hi David.There is no harm in asking this question.This is a new field of research even though Tesla experimented with high voltage high frequency but he did not have access to all the new components and equipment we have today so new things will be found and have been found so your question is basically what can we use it for which may change things.
    I think the lighting side is very important but i also see space travel and maybe medical uses as the plasma may have a use in surgery and also we may get a breakthrough with wireless energy transfer so who knows where this journey will lead us.Jonny

Leave a comment:

• Farrah Day
    replied
    Hi Bob

As I see it there will be two main tuning issues.

The first will be tuning the cct itself to get maximum EMR from the coils at minimum current draw.

The second tuning issue will relate to tuning the whole caboodle to the water itself to induce the greatest ionisation. And this may depend on photon energy levels, and hence EMR frequency.

Getting the first may not necessarily mean we get the second and vice-versa, so I envisage some experimenting in this area will be needed.

Leave a comment:

• TheCell
    replied
    Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
    @ Bob

I did not use any kind of formula for winding my coils.
    I wound quite a few differant L1 and L2 coils from small to big.

I think the diameter of the L1 coil does make a big differance.
    (4" by 16" is the biggest I made so far but the performance was about the same as with the three inch.)
    The bigger coils actually used less current and would put out more light.
    Also the pancake L2 with the plastic coated wire made a big differance for me anyway.

I haven't played alot with the differant wire size for L1 only 23 awg and 25.5 awg so far.
    I was thinking the wire size might play a part in the frequency this runs at.

Maybe someone with a good scope or SA could test this for me.
    Wind two coils the same diameter and the same uH but with differant wire size.

Thanks Everyone
    Slayer007,

You pick the specs and we will wind, test, and post the results.

A method to collect the information and results is at hand...it only takes us about 10 to 13 min for the larger tube...so we can test multiple types sizes or wires...but we want to have a direction and pattern of ; 1", 2" 3" etc or 10" long, 16" long etc, 22 awg, 26 awg, 30 awg, etc..

Thanks again for your videos..

Bob

Leave a comment:

• TanTric
    replied
    uauu

big plasma output that you have there laurent! whats your input current? hugs
    Last edited by TanTric; 07-07-2010, 02:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    Hi jonny

What a pleasure to work here with you and all the other real contributors.

But this post is special for you

As you wondered some posts ago , there is a real , measurable propulsion on the the plasma output
    It seems that the plasma output goes straight and lined up on the wire's end as a rocket would do.

If you twists the wire's end, the direction of the propulsion will follow and will be always aligned with the last mm of the wire. ( in the length of the wire)

The best test is to put the power on and of , and you will see the pendeling wire go from right to left always stronger. !!!

very impressive! and the question is why and how this phenomena is possible ???

so here under some pix of this experiment and the circuit i used

good luck at all

Laurent
    Last edited by woopy; 07-14-2010, 09:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X