X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenomorph
    replied
    Originally posted by juju View Post
    i think this is a different type/form of energy... my AVplug L1 output shows me 300Volts without load... but one does not get shock!

But if i charge the capacitor of my camera circuit with 300Volts, the circuit dont have almost any current, but it shocks a lot!!
    In my experience you need a certain amount of current for charging, if a charge is "too radiant" (as it is sometimes referred to) it will turn out to be fluffy. I had not earth grounded the coil, will try that too.
    Because that is basically what happens when you get shocked, that charges flow to ground through you.
    With these kinds of coil set-ups it is all about tuning, i have the theory that the interception of small amounts of energy from the surrounding environment is merely a tiny fraction of what it could be when the reception circuit is properly tuned.

i should have readed your post before i started, maybe had better luck, but i had a small trouble,. at the middle of my coil my wire broke... i will not start this all over again... I soldered it and im going to continue... do you think this will affect my performance?
    If you solder it nicely, i see no reason why it should affect the performance.
    However if you use that thin of a wire that it could break, your coil impedance will be quite high. Will be interesting to see how that performs then.

Leave a comment:

• Farrah Day
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenomorph View Post
    It has a much lower hfe and really is more for high power circuits, but Slayer did use it in his Big Joule Thief. I guess its worth a test how it performs, it certainly will not fry, but the operation might not match the 2N2222,MPSA06 one.
    I assumed the hfe would not be important in the context that we are using the transistors in a JT. Ie. not so much as an amplifier, but rather a switch. Maybe it is internal capacitances across the n-p and p-n junctions that is of more importance.

I daresay you're correct in thinking that it's simply a matter of 'suck-it-and-see'!

Farrah.

Leave a comment:

• juju
    replied
    The reason is probably the fact that there is not enough charge current being captured with the tower. On the other hand, if there was more current then one would probably get shocked being just near those things, as the whole surrounding area is highly potentialized (>100 Volts)
    i think this is a different type/form of energy... my AVplug L1 output shows me 300Volts without load... but one does not get shock!

But if i charge the capacitor of my camera circuit with 300Volts, the circuit dont have almost any current, but it shocks a lot!!

Good Luck with your 1m coil
    i should have readed your post before i started, maybe had better luck, but i had a small trouble,. at the middle of my coil my wire broke... i will not start this all over again... I soldered it and im going to continue... do you think this will affect my performance?

hugs
    Last edited by juju; 06-08-2010, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• juju
    replied
    =)

Originally posted by woopy View Post

HeHe juju same good idea to wound a very long coil.

but what is the best , if we have the same copper gage wire ( 0.3 mm for instance)

a 8 cm diameter and 1 meter long coil or 16 cm diameter 0.5 meter long coil

i would apreciate your idea

Laurent

hi laurent

funny you ask that, sorry to just answer now... i was wondering about the same thing before i started to wound my coil, because i have a more larger "core" here, but not so long...

i dont know what type will give best performance (consumption / wireless field size)... if you try with the smaller but larger one, we can compare results... or later i will wound that one to... if my head dont hurts until then...

WTF, im at the middle of the coil, my hand hurts, my back hearts... there's not an easy way to wound this stuff? why they dont sell them at the super market? LOL

my small ones dont gived so much trouble!

Leave a comment:

• juju
    replied
    Originally posted by wrench76 View Post
    Since I made the coil, and transistor change I now get a good amount of plasma off of the L2,I have never had any plasma with the small transistors.Sorry I dont have a camera at the moment but the circuit is simple,Batt + to end of L1, start of L1 to collector,emitter to Batt -,L2 to base.This is not like Jonnys sec, this one bites. It does all the normal light stuff very well,neons just light on the table,one cool thing is if I hold the neon near the L2 the plasma forms at the tip of the neon just like the L2 does when it is just running (about a 5 mm long purple point)
    L1 14g silver tinned copper 1/2 in spacing (4 turns works good for me)
    L2 30g magnet wire 3x13 inches
    TIP31 or TIP3055 w/heat sink
    12vdc around 400ma while playing with the plasma arc
    Thanks
    hi wrench...

maybe your SEC bites because of the transistors you are using? thats cool!

because as jonny explained, he connected the L2 to the battery positive.. and putted one 16K resistor from the base to the bat. positive, to get the plasma of his exiter!

i wonder if you can get plasma with lower voltages?

keep it up buddy!!

hugs

Leave a comment:

• wrench76
    replied
    yet another SIMPLE sec

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share my results of a very simple sec.Like many of you I was tiered of letting the smoke out of those tiny transistors. So I tried what ever I had, I had very good results with both TIP31 and TIP3055. The best part is I have no resistors or caps in the circuit. With a heat sink on the TIP31 it runs @ about 85 deg.F. I have also tried a new L1 coil,its a pancake coil with 1/2 inch gaps between each wind,the inside diameter is about 4 inches, the wire is 14 gauge silver tinned copper(regular magnet wire works almost as good). Since I made the coil, and transistor change I now get a good amount of plasma off of the L2,I have never had any plasma with the small transistors.Sorry I dont have a camera at the moment but the circuit is simple,Batt + to end of L1, start of L1 to collector,emitter to Batt -,L2 to base.This is not like Jonnys sec, this one bites. It does all the normal light stuff very well,neons just light on the table,one cool thing is if I hold the neon near the L2 the plasma forms at the tip of the neon just like the L2 does when it is just running (about a 5 mm long purple point)
    L1 14g silver tinned copper 1/2 in spacing (4 turns works good for me)
    L2 30g magnet wire 3x13 inches
    TIP31 or TIP3055 w/heat sink
    12vdc around 400ma while playing with the plasma arc
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    Hi all

as Xeno said it is probably not necessary to play with mosfet as effectively the power is very small to excite this big coil,

HeHe juju same good idea to wound a very long coil.

but what is the best , if we have the same copper gage wire ( 0.3 mm for instance)

a 8 cm diameter and 1 meter long coil or 16 cm diameter 0.5 meter long coil

i would apreciate your idea

here under some of my testing with mesh electrode, i will report later the results

thanks and good night

Laurent
    Last edited by woopy; 08-13-2010, 10:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Xenomorph
    replied
    Originally posted by Farrah Day View Post
    Hi Woopy

Realised I'd not fully understood the basic JT operation. Researched it today, now I fully understand how they work, and why the cap is not necessary.

Has anyone tried using the 2N3053 transistor as it seems it can handle a bit more power than the two that most of you are using?

2N3053 pdf, 2N3053 datasheets, 2N3053 데이타시트 , 2N3053 데이터시트 , 2N3053 description, 2N3053 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

Farrah
    It has a much lower hfe and really is more for high power circuits, but Slayer did use it in his Big Joule Thief. I guess its worth a test how it performs, it certainly will not fry, but the operation might not match the 2N2222,MPSA06 one.

Leave a comment:

• Farrah Day
    replied
    Hi Woopy

Just for Farrah , with no capacitor at all.
    Realised I'd not fully understood the basic JT operation. Researched it today, now I fully understand how they work, and why the cap is not necessary.

Has anyone tried using the 2N3053 transistor as it seems it can handle a bit more power than the two that most of you are using?

2N3053 데이터시트, 2N3053 datasheets, 2N3053 datenblatt, 2N3053 메뉴얼, 2N3053 데이터시트, 2N3053 pdf - ALLDATASHEET.CO.KR 2N3053구매, 2N3053판매, 2N3053사는곳, 2N3053파는곳

2N2222A 데이터시트, 2N2222A datasheets, 2N2222A datenblatt, 2N2222A 메뉴얼, 2N2222A 데이터시트, 2N2222A pdf - ALLDATASHEET.CO.KR 2N2222A구매, 2N2222A판매, 2N2222A사는곳, 2N2222A파는곳

MPSA06 데이터시트, MPSA06 datasheets, MPSA06 datenblatt, MPSA06 메뉴얼, MPSA06 데이터시트, MPSA06 pdf - ALLDATASHEET.CO.KR MPSA06구매, MPSA06판매, MPSA06사는곳, MPSA06파는곳

Farrah
    Last edited by Farrah Day; 06-07-2010, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Xenomorph
    replied
    I must admit i only focused on conditioning a dead battery and since i only succeded with the negative time charging, i stayed with that method and did not experiment with Avramenkos yet.
    What i like about the exciter as a charger is that it is easier to control the input current for better charging than with the standard solid state Bedini.
    I have yet to experiment with different tunings and so forth.
    Good Luck with your 1m coil

Leave a comment:

• juju
    replied
    exiter

xeno...

with normal batterys, what are your best results, charging with the colapsing field of L2, or with an avramenko plug at the end of the L2?

im starting to wound a big coil of 1Meter and 8Cm diameter... will posts the picks soon!!

hugs

Leave a comment:

• Xenomorph
    replied
    Look into the datasheets of the manufacturer also, there might be power dissipation deviations between them.

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    Hi Xeno

thank's a lot for posting this very clear circuits

And of course i tried those immediately .

Very good results and than i tried the same cct with only 2N2222A .
    that is to say 4 x2 N2222 n in parallel. And very good result also up to 9 volts.

Just for Farrah , with no capacitor at all.

and than i added 1.5 volt more (10.5 volts) to get even more
    electrolisis, and as soon as i touched the + , the complete set of transistors 2N2222 fried )

The quest to very efficient electrolisis is fantastic and sometimes disapointing

And i phoned my supplier to send me REALLY BIG QUANTITY of those bloody much to fragile transistors

but that's all folks

Happy to share with you

laurent

Leave a comment:

• Xenomorph
    replied
    This is how i charge batteries with the circuit:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The negative charging has turned out to be effective for bringing back
    dead desulfated batteries (in my case).
    But you should be aware of the fact that once they are charged this way,
    you will have a hard time charging them in any other way again.

Slayer has also a drawing of his original circuit here : YouTube - Exiter Circuit And Current Draw.mov

The charge in the battery that was charged off the little tower turned out to be fluffy. The reason is probably the fact that there is not enough charge current being captured with the tower. On the other hand, if there was more current then one would probably get shocked being just near those things, as the whole surrounding area is highly potentialized (>100 Volts)
    Last edited by Xenomorph; 06-07-2010, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Sec@12 Volts

Xeno,Johnny and Slayer
    thanks for the advice I connected a 30 ohm resistor on my positive input
    2 paralllel 2n2222 and the third MPSA06 the collector connected to the base of the 2 2N2222 in parallel and the base (MPSA06) connected to ground
    Using a car battery 12.46 V dc 70Ah I run the circuit with warm transistors for 8 hours (70 mA) but without the 30 ohms resistor the current jump to 120mA which unfortunately burned my 2n2222
    From my observation 100 up mA will raise the temperature of the 2N2222
    with 70 mA im in the comfort zone
    I useda 0.69nf varible cap ( range 2 nf)
    Also can you please show the charging side of the circuit????
    thamks again to all..... will start to make a permanent circuit

totoalas
    Last edited by totoalas; 06-07-2010, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X