Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slider2732
    replied
    You can build a sewing bobbin easy enough, have done it plenty of times.
    Just a straw and 2 pieces of cardboard. You pick the diameter of drinking straw you want/need, cut to length required. Then just glue the end pieces of card with superglue.
    And there you have a bobbin to wind on

Leave a comment:

• NickZ
    replied
    Slider. Slayer, and All:
    Thanks for the info. I soldered the wires on the tuning cap like Slayer mentioned with the two corner pins together for the positive and flat pin on the side as the negative. I also wound an L3 on a solder tube.
    I'll get the rest of the circuit ready tonight or tomorrow. I wish that I could just buy some chokes, instead of guessing at the L1 and L2, but I'll do what I can, with those. I also get the sewing bobbin when I can.

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    That's a point, where is Kyle ? He's been MIA for a week...darn kids never tell ya where they're going lol

Slayers diagram is what i've followed. If it makes it easier Nick, here's how I connect them - on either side the cap works the same - the two side pins are your positive, the middle one between will be your negative connection.
    You can just use one side pin for 1/2 the capacitance.
    'Full sized' are 0-512pF, half their height are about half the capacitance. The most common found on radios are the 'full height' ones, square cubes in shape.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
    @Blumoon
    It was running off 12v in the video.It will run as low as 1.5v but you will not see much till atleast 6v.
    I have not tried a flyback with it yet but it may work.

@Nickz
    Here is the cap I used, I connected A & B togeather and used G2 for ground.
    It's just like Xee2 said it is across the negative and positive.
    Hi Slayer

Have you measured the milliamp input ??? can we use Xee2 transformer in joule ringer
    we can adapt your circuit to solar lighting hope somebody does kyle karrington if youre here lol

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    @Blumoon
    It was running off 12v in the video.It will run as low as 1.5v but you will not see much till atleast 6v.
    I have not tried a flyback with it yet but it may work.

@Nickz
    Here is the cap I used, I connected A & B togeather and used G2 for ground.
    It's just like Xee2 said it is across the negative and positive.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by slayer007; 04-23-2012, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    Originally posted by NickZ View Post
    @ Slayer:
    In an effort to replicate your exciter, I've pulled a tuning capacitor from a small radio, similar to the one in your videos. I need to know how to connect it into the exciter circuit. It has 4 corners pins, plus two little tabs, (one tab between the corner pins). I can upload a picture of it if needed. When you say that the capacitor goes between the power rail, does that mean between the C and the E of the transistor, as in your diagram?
    Thanks, in advance,
    NickZ
    It goes from positive terminal to negative terminal of battery.

Leave a comment:

• NickZ
    replied
    @ Slayer:
    In an effort to replicate your exciter, I've pulled a tuning capacitor from a small radio, similar to the one in your videos. I need to know how to connect it into the exciter circuit. It has 4 corners pins, plus two little tabs, (one tab between the corner pins). I can upload a picture of it if needed. When you say that the capacitor goes between the power rail, does that mean between the C and the E of the transistor, as in your diagram?
    Thanks, in advance,
    NickZ

Leave a comment:

• blumoon
    replied
    Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
    In this video I just wanted to show that this simple exciter circuit will run on almost any coil configuration.
    If using mass instead of a L1 coil you can connect a coil to the collector.

Simple Exciter 2 - YouTube
    What voltage source did you use on that video? Will it work on different voltage value? Can I use a flyback coil too, without blowing the 2n2222?

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    In this video I just wanted to show that this simple exciter circuit will run on almost any coil configuration.
    If using mass instead of a L1 coil you can connect a coil to the collector.

Simple Exciter 2 - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Leviathan
    replied
    oh 2N2222 can't really handle the amount of current you would need, you might try a TIP3055 they work pretty good in slayer circuits or joule thief circuits and they can run a flyback at 5-12-24 volts

Leave a comment:

• blumoon
    replied
    I want to make an exciter from a flyback coil, with 2n2222 .Have anybody ever try this before. My first attempt blown the 2n2222, a schematic detail will help me a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Leviathan
    replied
    on average the coil with the longer streamers had smaller diameter wire than the other coils, the bottom half of the coil was wound with wire slightly thinner than the wire on the rest of the coil, anyway seemed to work pretty good

Leave a comment:

• skaght
    replied
    Originally posted by Leviathan View Post
    lol Slider I duno about using a pineapple carton you might not get the right
    flavor of EM field But I definitely agree with you about the different gauges
    of wire effecting the output, I was winding a coil the other day and ran out
    of wire half way through so I substituted for a slightly smaller gauge, that coil
    had much longer streamers than the other coil that was exactly the same
    shape but with a larger gauge.

Very Impressive setup Woopy, I am at a loss of words it looks like you have a capacitor
    sitting inside of a coil thats oscillating and the capacitor is receiving energy from the
    coil, very interesting I don't see how that could operate with conventional electronics,
    but then again many things do

Using the terms "smaller gauge" and "larger gauge" is confusing in your post. I'm really curious about your results. Do you mean that when you used thicker wire with less resistance that you had better streamers? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Leviathan
    replied
    lol Slider I duno about using a pineapple carton you might not get the right
    flavor of EM field But I definitely agree with you about the different gauges
    of wire effecting the output, I was winding a coil the other day and ran out
    of wire half way through so I substituted for a slightly smaller gauge, that coil
    had much longer streamers than the other coil that was exactly the same
    shape but with a larger gauge.

Very Impressive setup Woopy, I am at a loss of words it looks like you have a capacitor
    sitting inside of a coil thats oscillating and the capacitor is receiving energy from the
    coil, very interesting I don't see how that could operate with conventional electronics,
    but then again many things do
    Last edited by Leviathan; 04-20-2012, 05:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    Hi all

perhaps it can be also of interst here

amazing sparking between car coil and kacher 1.wmv - YouTube

good luck at all

Laurent

Leave a comment:

Working...
X