• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidmotor
    replied
    Now the real fun begins

@Zooty
    Congratulations. From here on in this "thing" that you have just discovered gets more and more fun and interesting. Like Slayer said ---wait until you start doing wireless stuff and experiment with the various circuits. It is a facinating study.

Well done.

Lidmotor

Leave a comment:

• Zooty
    replied
    33 Xmas tree Led's on a tuned circuit.

Hi guy's just another image and update. I managed to tune the circuit properly, i think 33 Led's very bright, 35ma input current, pretty sure it's accurate, 18v and 7.64mhz. The transistor is a low power job but it is barley warm at the sweet spot. Very happy with it If i tune to the next sweet spot, it cooks the transistor eventually and there is no real gain in light.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Zooty; 04-11-2010, 02:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    @Zooty.Way to go. Dr Stiffler says that tuning is the key with his circuits and also with the variant circuits on this thread which i hope you will try once you have a bit of free time but this whole sec topic is probably the most interesting thing that i have experimented with and i am sure you will feel the same once you see the wireless and other neat stuff.Well done.Jonny.

Leave a comment:

• Zooty
    replied
    Ok, very very strange! I got a tube and the 52 led's lit on less current than before without changing anything but the ferrite rod tuning thing. I am amazed at this thing. Thanks for the help Jonny
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    @Zooty.You could also try changing the turns on L3 and upping the voltage as i think Dr Stiffler runs his at a higher voltage.Also,the mpsa06 transistor seems to be the transistor to use with this circuit.Jonny .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X