X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kcarring
    replied
    Hv Npn

I have noticed that, quite typically, in a common CFL bulb you will find (2) 13005LD1's which, if I am not mistaken, equate to an MJE13005.

In any event, I generally pull the guts out of CFL's anyway (for driving on circuits that run on 12V batteries) and so they end up being scrap...

I find they work pretty good on XEE2's circuits, etc.

Leave a comment:

• gyula
    replied
    Originally posted by jimboot View Post
    Hi all I can light my bog standard 25watt bayonet cap 240 v lamp but I keep blowing tip41c even with heat sinks. @laurent I notice you do nt use any cooling on yours. Do they get hot? I'm using a 1k pot.
    Hi Jim,

Probably the 100-110V max collector-emitter breakdown voltage limit for the TIP31C is to 'blame' for the blowing. Here is a more robust type, MJE13007
    http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...onics/4164.pdf

try to use such higher than 100V power switching types.

Gyula

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    Hi all I can light my bog standard 25watt bayonet cap 240 v lamp but I keep blowing tip41c even with heat sinks. @laurent I notice you do nt use any cooling on yours. Do they get hot? I'm using a 1k pot.

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    Hi Xee2 ab Kcarring

wow great ideas to work on

thank's for sharing

Laurent

Leave a comment:

• kcarring
    replied
    @Xee2 Good vids. I use that same Mosfet alot too, she is a workhorse. They are great for having no heat, but less effective at attempts on any resonant type circuits? That seems to be my impression, thus far.

@woopy
    Check this out. It's a tough read, because it is a translation, but rather interesting:

Capacitive transformer3

(Testatika related)

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    high power Joule thief using IRFP460 power mosfet

EDIT - This video was deleted. The circuit was actually using a TIP35C not an IRFP460. Both parts are in same package and very poorly marked. Somehow they got swapped during testing.
    Last edited by xee2; 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    That's very cool, reminds me of the way Dr. Stiffler would use 2 same mass blocks with his PSEC. Here you show that capacitance very clearly

Leave a comment:

• kcarring
    replied
    DIY FREE Variable Aluminum Air Capacitor - SEC / Gbluer Slayer Studies

A little trick I employed today while getting LEDs lit up at the 1.5V input level on my much loved Gbluer Slayer Exciter circuit and a SEC 18 variant, as well.

DIY FREE Variable Aluminum Air Capacitor - SEC / Gbluer Slayer Studies - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• kcarring
    replied
    @woopy

@woopy

LOL Excellent Video. Interesting to watch metal melt at 4 watts input. I wonder what a tungsten electrode would do. You might have a new kind of light bulb there LOL - that's giving off quite the lumens. I'll take a single malt scotch on Woopywater please. I think that's what Spock on Star Trek drank before retiring at night

Great Stuff Lately!
    Kyle
    Last edited by kcarring; 03-10-2012, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    Yeah, it looks great !
    Am enjoying linking this to that and testing to see no oscillations at all LOL
    But, that's my problem with the simulator at the moment..how do we change values, for resistors, input power, coil uH etc ?

*Edit* got it. Double click the circuit element when you place it in the circuit and a pop up box for values comes up.

PARTY ON
    Last edited by Slider2732; 03-08-2012, 10:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    Hi Xee2

thank's very much for the link to this simulator

It it surely very usefull to compare results with the" Falstad" which is also free. Ans this one seems to include denominated parts and components

bravo

Laurent

Leave a comment:

• Bob Smith
    replied
    Woopy - it is hard not to smile with glee as your electrode fries!
    I am wondering if the burning electrode is acting like an antenna for cold electricity, which pours in from the aether in an effort to restore the imbalance (in the aether) produced by the rapid pulses from the other electrode, as the two electrodes come into contact. You have the pulses produced by the FET, and hi voltage produced by the windings. I am wondering if the diode is rendering this possible by blocking the passage of hot electricity on one side, and facilitating the cold electricity's entry. I am basically reiterating what Bearden has said before about cold electricity pouring in to circuits to restore the aetheric imbalance produced by sharp, high pulses.

On a separate note, I replicated the circuit on a large ferrite bead - uneventful due to the strange shape. However, I also tried it on a ferrite rod (1cm x .5cm x 5cm) - 2 x 20 on primary, 2 x 100 on secondary. My voltage quadrupled with strategically placed neodymium magnets, but I had to tap them into place to get this to happen. Will join the Sergdo movement when my toroid ship comes in.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    free circuit simulator

There is a free online circuit simulator at https://www.circuitlab.com/

The following is a Joule thief simulation I did. However, finding input parameters for the time domain analysis that would work took me a while.

CIRCUIT:

OUTPUT:

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    Originally posted by woopy View Post
    Hi all

just going on the experiment with the Sergdo toroid transformer

And for tonight an inexpected result

Any good explanation as per a so long distance in the water and no visible plasma arc and at the end the melting ???

good luck at all

Laurent

Amazing water melting 1.wmv - YouTube
    Wow mate I need a bigger toroid. Luvyawork as always.

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    Originally posted by citfta View Post
    I am really amazed at that. But I don't think I want to drink any of woopy's water!

Carroll
    ....if you know what I mean

Leave a comment:

Working...
X