Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One magnet Bedini exciter

@Lidmotor and all.Here is a circuit diagram and vid of my One magnet bedini exciter.This is just a prototype and there's still plenty of work to do on it but as it stands,the rotor spins like crazy and there is quite a good sec output.There is a smell of ozone and the open circuit L1 hisses and you can see a purple glow and it will light flourecents and Lidmotors flicker flame bulb which are a lot harder to light than the small neons.
    I am not using a charge battery at the moment and i will have to experiment to see if it will charge one or hinder the circuit.
    This circuit may run on a standard Bedini coil but i don't have one to test it with.I wind all my Bedini coils with a 1:1 ratio to induce high voltage into the trigger circuit when the power coil energises.This may be important for this circuit or it may not.What is important though is to use a relay coil in the
    trigger circuit and an earth ground on the base of the transistor,it will not work without both.The earth ground can go before the 100 ohm resistor or direct to the base.I have tried a virtual ground and that works too but needs to be close to the slayer L1 as it behaves like the simple sec with the triggering through the air but if you can,use earth ground.
    I use slayers large L1 and L2 in the sec part of the circuit.The Slayer L2 is in series with the power coil and the slayer L1 is left open circuit.I have not experimented much with this yet so this may not be the optimum layout but it is a good point to start.Here the vid and circuit.Jonny

YouTube - One magnet Bedini exciter
    Last edited by jonnydavro; 05-06-2010, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Jonny, in your video you say 26 swg for the bedini coil but you are holding 22 swg
      By the way, what size of wire and how many turns are on the bottle?

Comment

• One Magnet Bedini Exciter

Jonny that looks great! I liked the hissing coil ---but watch your fingers. I think that one will bite.

I tried hooking Slayer's Exciter up to a standard Joule Thief circuit today and it worked also. Just for fun I made the JT inductor out of steel plastic coated "twist tie' wire. I don't know if they have that over there or not. It is used for gardening and tying up bags. It is very inexpensive and is about 26ga. It won't work for everything but it worked on a JT coil.
        It was just just something fun to try.
        Here is what it looked like:

YouTube - Twist Tie Wire Joule Thief.ASF
        Cheers,

Lidmotor
        Last edited by Lidmotor; 05-07-2010, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• @Lidmotor:
          You are an amazingly smart guy
          Having lots of fun seems to be a good way to go !

Thank you for sharing

Comment

• @Zooty.Hi.the Bedini coil is 26swg.I picked up the wrong spool so thanks for spotting that.
            Regarding the bottle coil.I am not sure how many turns are on it but all these bottles seem to be pretty similar so if you wind 26swg from the start of the flat surface at the top to the end at the bottom and basically fill the bottle,you will have a good slayer coil.Do this with the bottle full and then empty the contents out and leave a small bit of liquid in the bottom below the start of the winding for stability and the bottle also repressurize's.jonny
            @LidmotorThanks. This sec is a bit different to the one's i am use to though.I was drawing a 5mm plasma arc to my finger and could'nt feel a thing
            Nice work with the steel wire jt and the sec mod .I bought some of that to try and make a quick Newman motor but like you say,the magnet no likey so i tried it in a slayer sec but found the wire awkward to wind tightly and i lost half of it when it got in a knot not to mention poking myself in the eye but results wise i don't think the output is as good as with copper but i have only got half a coil so i will try and get another roll and finish the coil to see but here is a pic of it running.Jonny

Last edited by jonnydavro; 05-07-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Lidmotor & Jonny Great video's.

It's nice to see these different variations that seem to work so good.

@ Jonny I never heard my L1 coil hiss like that very impressive.

Later today I would like to try this with an Imhotep fan motor and see how good it works on 12v.

Keep up the Great work guys.

Comment

• Imhotep relay charger EXCITER ????

@ All
                After what we have just seen and done I think that Imhotep's 12 volt relay BEMF charger might also work on this also. That would make a noisy Exciter but it should work. It would make a no transistor Exciter and push this back towards the technology level that Tesla worked with.

Lidmotor

Comment

• motors and things

@ Lidmotor and JonnyDavro
                  Thank you for the very informative videos, thats what makes this forum a great place to be in, lots of good info.

@ lidmotor with your latest motors, could the SEC effect come from the construction of your 2 windings on the motor ( clock wise and counter clock wise) like the slayer sec.

@Jonny like that hissing coil, i was trying a new transistor on my sec and the L1 coil was hissing then a small transistor of an other circuit connected wirelessly blew up but haven't been able to replicate that hissing yet

Comment

• @Slayer.Thanks.This whole sec variant project is a truely worldwide experiment and collaboration and your contributions have moved this along tremendously
                    I am quite excited by the one magnet bedini exciter as it seems to produce plasma very easily and thats what the hissing noise is.There is a purple glow on the end of the wire and what is really interesting is the magnet is having a direct effect on plasma output and tone of the hiss.The magnet must be inducing voltage into the coils which is increasing the exciter output so it would be interesting to try this with a stable single diametric magnet setup like Lidmotors maglev setup so the coil can be at the optimal distance from the rotor at all times.
                    There is also something different about the plasma from the other secs as it does not hurt infact you can't even feel it so whats going on there?
                    It will be intersting to see if a Bedini fan will also work and if it does it will make things a lot easier to replicate but if you try it,the relay and earth ground is vital and i would also leave the charge battery out for now.Nice idea.Jonny
                    @Lidmotor. Hi i have not heard of imotep's relay charger.Have you any idea what page in his thread its on so i can see what your thinking Jonny
                    @Serfer5 HiSounds like you are doing some neat experiments and blowing trannys up wirelessly is a new one on me but thats not a bad thing in fact its good as the energy transfer you had going on must have been high
                    The hissing you heard will have been plasma emitting from the output of your L1.I can get my Slayer sec to do this but it involves using 12v-15v and 200+mA and i find that a fairchilds bc182 is better than an mpsa06 but they blow easy as i think they are rated at 200mA and i use a 4148 diode from emitter to base and hold a steel screwdriver near the L1 output to tease the plasma out and if it dosen't continue when you remove the screwdriver,place a metal object near the output and that should do it.Hope this helps.Jonny.

Comment

• Avramenko rotor

Hi .Here is a way of supplying a spinning rotor with a DC current.
                      I set up to independent circuits.The one magnet no bearing bedini motor and slayers sec.I put and led and avramenko plug inside the central hole of the diametric cylinder rotor with a small piece of a drinking straw as side insulation and the avramenko plug,sits on the steel ball bearing pivot.I used a small piece of wire on the negative leg as a virtual ground.
                      The magnet was spinning on a conductive surface(tin foil) and the slayer secs output was connected to the tin foil but it will also light wirelessly.This was only a prototype but you will get the idea.Jonny
                      YouTube - avramenko rotor
                      Last edited by jonnydavro; 05-08-2010, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Interesting twists and turns of this thread

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                        Hi .Here is a way of supplying a spinning rotor with a DC current.
                        I set up to independent circuits.The one magnet no bearing bedini motor and slayers sec.I put and led and avramenko plug inside the central hole of the diametric cylinder rotor with a small piece of a drinking straw as side insulation and the avramenko plug,sits on the steel ball bearing pivot.I used a small piece of wire on the negative leg as a virtual ground.
                        The magnet was spinning on a conductive surface(tin foil) and the slayer secs output was connected to the tin foil but it will also light wirelessly.This was only a prototype but you will get the idea.Jonny
                        YouTube - avramenko rotor
                        That is an interesting spinner. It makes me wonder how that could be used.
                        I worked on the Imhotep relay charger/exciter idea today it didn't work. Jonny you can find a detailed video of how to build one at his Youtube channel. It is just a 12v car relay rewired to buzzzzzzz. The buzz creates a strong back spike that you can use to charge a battery. I had no luck today getting any strong SEC effect ---just a slight glow on an LED. I also tried the Bedini Fan and a regular SSG using the circuit that you posted and had terrible luck. I don't know what went wrong. It was just one of those bad days.

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                          That is an interesting spinner. It makes me wonder how that could be used.
                          I worked on the Imhotep relay charger/exciter idea today it didn't work. Jonny you can find a detailed video of how to build one at his Youtube channel. It is just a 12v car relay rewired to buzzzzzzz. The buzz creates a strong back spike that you can use to charge a battery. I had no luck today getting any strong SEC effect ---just a slight glow on an LED. I also tried the Bedini Fan and a regular SSG using the circuit that you posted and had terrible luck. I don't know what went wrong. It was just one of those bad days.

Lidmotor
                          yeah..i have afew of those Imhotp relays buzzing away...would be nice to put them to use for more than just charging...look forward to some ideas !

Comment

• Hey,

I am not following this typoe of threads much so i have to ask you a question.
                            Which circuit so far has been most efficient for lightninging purposes?

SEC? Joule thief? Another?

Comment

• Originally posted by juju View Post
                              but if it is a potential voltage, it is not real voltage? if i light a CFL with that will it work? i have to go buy one...

i do get shock when i touch the output.

i made some changes and now im drawing: 0,090mA x 5,5V = 0,49W

and im getting: 0,035mA x 3,7V = 0,13W (With a 14Led panel load)

and with a neon bulb load i get: 0,001mA x 80V = 0,08W

without load i still have the potential 150V.. 150V x 0,035mA = 5,25W... it was to good to be truth...

are this results in someway special, or is this completely normal? sorry im a newbie and experimenter in this stuff, dont know to much...

the truth is that with a sec exiter i never can output more than 1mA and in this case i get 35mA..

edit: forget it, i was confused, the 35mA are not in the output, but in the capture

big hugs

Don't you mean "mW" instead of watts?

Comment

• Originally posted by baroutologos View Post
                                Hey,

I am not following this typoe of threads much so i have to ask you a question.
                                Which circuit so far has been most efficient for lightninging purposes?

SEC? Joule thief? Another?
                                depends what you want to do, if you want to just light some LEDs and a CFL hard wired then the joule thief will work. if you want to go wireless then Slayers007 SEC exciter is the way to go. Jonnydavro also has a good SEC design for wireless. well in my opinion any ways
                                Last edited by serfer5; 05-13-2010, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X