X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armagdn03
    replied
    Originally posted by sergdo View Post
    Look may be interested in the idea of ​​such a device ktoroya can think boldly called overtone air transformer.

coil L0 - tone
    has a height of 157 mm winding
    winding diameter of 50 mm

Coil L (+1) - first overtone
    has a height of 314 mm winding
    winding diameter of 25 mm

Coil L (-1) j return ("negative") overtone
    has a height of 78.5 mm winding
    winding diameter of 100 mm

According to a preliminary idea - the coil L (+1) L0 and L (-1) connected in parallel.
    surface coil L0 - tonal wound litz - inductor ...

-----
    concept ideas.
    with the induction coil tones - L0, there will arise
    in any case, the harmonics - overtones.
    coil L (+1) L (-1) are not only the coils of air
    transformer, and at the same time and radiators
    emissivity due to its configuration
    L (+1) first overtone voice-coil L0 and
    L (-1) lower (negative) overtone tone coil L0, ...
    that, in this configuration, the transformer winding air,
    shall, in connection with the resonance phenomenon to increase the amplitude of the wave
    in the coil L0.

PS
    Also in this gipotetichskom air transformer is observed
    equal masses of copper, due to the peculiarity of the configuration of coils,
    as indicated by N. Tesla. (Equality of the masses of wire) that ultimately must
    also provide amplification of the wave amplitude in the coil L0.

I have a sneaking suspision that is the real deal, and Its been done before....
    http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...generator.html

Leave a comment:

• sergdo
    replied
    Look may be interested called overtone air transformer.

Look may be interested in the idea of ​​such a device ktoroya can think boldly called overtone air transformer.

coil L0 - tone
    has a height of 157 mm winding
    winding diameter of 50 mm

Coil L (+1) - first overtone
    has a height of 314 mm winding
    winding diameter of 25 mm

Coil L (-1) j return ("negative") overtone
    has a height of 78.5 mm winding
    winding diameter of 100 mm

According to a preliminary idea - the coil L (+1) L0 and L (-1) connected in parallel.
    surface coil L0 - tonal wound litz - inductor ...

-----
    concept ideas.
    with the induction coil tones - L0, there will arise
    in any case, the harmonics - overtones.
    coil L (+1) L (-1) are not only the coils of air
    transformer, and at the same time and radiators
    emissivity due to its configuration
    L (+1) first overtone voice-coil L0 and
    L (-1) lower (negative) overtone tone coil L0, ...
    that, in this configuration, the transformer winding air,
    shall, in connection with the resonance phenomenon to increase the amplitude of the wave
    in the coil L0.

PS
    Also in this gipotetichskom air transformer is observed
    equal masses of copper, due to the peculiarity of the configuration of coils,
    as indicated by N. Tesla. (Equality of the masses of wire) that ultimately must
    also provide amplification of the wave amplitude in the coil L0.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    @ Slider2732

Thanks for posting picture of your meter. It looks like it only has one resistance setting (Rx1K). That means that the 1 on the meter is 1K ohms. The coil resistance will be under 200 ohms so your will not be able to measure it accurately with that meter. Thank you for taking the time to try. I will be getting some smaller wire and I will remake the 2x3" Walgreen tower to see if it will produce plasma.

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    I just tried measuring a few towers and the needle goes off the right side end
    It's a very limited meter, but ought to give basic info like this. What kind of range should the reading be within ?
    Have attached a pic of the exact meter. Still working on getting a digital to work.

Just for fun, here's something that may make folks laugh.
    My wife asked about a jumbled coil of ex-degauss coil wire from a PC monitor. i said it may as well be thrown out, as it was in a tangled mess. She said she'd unravel it, so I got her a kitchen roll tube to wind it on....
    Just tested it as a tower and it WORKS
    No power for a CFL but at 6V has a wireless range of about the cardboard piece that's behind it in the pic below. It lit a neon too hehe
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
    Oh AND, I now have my Sperry SP-6A analog meter running
    Replaced the fuse, cleaned off the battery terminals, moved the one side battery contact inward to grip the cell better and up she came running !
    I think I need smaller diameter wire also, but I haven't been able to get any yet. Now that your meter is working, please post resistance of the tower windings if you can. That will let me determine the size wire you are using from diameter and length of the coils.

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    Thanks Mike
    I'm very familiar with 27MHz, 49MHz and 2.4GHz within radio controlled hobby interests...but can only approximate the exact frequency of towers as personally built, between 2MHz and 6MHz would be the 'range'. A somehow adjustable loop antenna may be an idea for experimentation. The loop on the pics above was just from L2 experiments, but did show that 90 degree mounting could yield an effect of worth. Dipole type arrangements also seem worthy and also the simple normal extending aerial method. Radio and wireless power are the same thing in many ways...so really, I ought to have something like a 12ft collapsible straight antenna and be done with it lol. Well, range is only to be strong up to 30ft in likely first real incarnations of my flight system, so that may factor for the balance of performance and design.
    With each 1/4 of a 1/4 thought, comes a loss factor many times greater than the original, which is a point I will indeed keep in mind.

Btw, xee2, sorry for not replying earlier...I believe the problem with no plasma may be the gauge you have there. You know what i'm like for numbers and factual readings but i'm sure that the former motor wire in RF-300/310 3V DC motors is in the lower 30's. The finer the better i'm finding and, the flux appears to show (from the Windsor tower experiments) that the finer the gauge the better, the more turns the better.
    A Walgreen wound with approx 200 turns of mid 20's gauge worked fine, but no way was it going to emit plasma.
    Here's the 2N7000 line from my tests:
    "2N7000 SGD 400mA MOSFET 2A pulsed, strong plasma, full bright bulb increasing with positioning, strong distance neon, large LED field"
    It's worth hunting around a few broken cassette recorders etc to compare the gauges of wire too...not all are of the same gauge, even on the same designation motors. I had 4x RF-310T and 3 were of a gauge thicker than the other. The D/V rating appears important to determine the gauge within...which I believe is rotations per second per volt. Normally, 5 out of 6 sections from 2x RF-310 motors are the norm for a Walgreen type to use. The Windsor uses 8 sections.

Oh AND, I now have my Sperry SP-6A analog meter running
    Replaced the fuse, cleaned off the battery terminals, moved the one side battery contact inward to grip the cell better and up she came running !
    Last edited by Slider2732; 05-07-2011, 09:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Michael John Nunnerley
    replied
    Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
    Those different playing styles from around 12:30 in the video were really interesting, the scratching etc too. Then, when the whole thing started to oscillate as you walked away to light your pipe...really cool stuff there, enjoyed it
    What I haven't seen, is a vibrato in the hand movements, such that waving the hands quickly might induce a tremolo effect to the sound. The star shaped L2 is new to my eyes !

Here's something found out today, while trying to find out how to direct the energy, rather than have it spew out all over anywhere. A single turn of very thick copper (16 gauge ?) was soldered to the L1 output and put on the top of the Windsor tower at 90 degrees. While adjusting the bare nekkid Walgreen/Walmart plastic bottle behind it, my 13W CFL bulb that was sat sideways on the work area simply lit up LOL
    Many will know that holding something works much differently than just sitting it on the work desk and some things work best rotated around a certain way. Neons go out at much closer range too, etc.
    So this bulb lighting quite well in any position whatsoever was something quite different...didn't affect the focus of energy much otherwise though.
    Power was 6V from a wall adapter, A1020 PNP transistor.
    Hi I thought I would give a bit of advice on what you are trying to achieve. What is being emitted is an electro magnetic wave "RF", and if you want to create directivity then you want to feed to an electro magnetic loop antenna designed for the frequency that you are using. Look up electro magnetic transmitting antennas on the web, there are many out there but if you are using a frequency around 2Mhz then it will be a little large, normally the diameter of the loop is a quarter wave. Electro magnetic loops are of a very high Q and will have a very high voltage and current on them for a very low input, beware of this as it can be dangerous and use a cap that can take thousands of volts.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    Those different playing styles from around 12:30 in the video were really interesting, the scratching etc too. Then, when the whole thing started to oscillate as you walked away to light your pipe...really cool stuff there, enjoyed it
    What I haven't seen, is a vibrato in the hand movements, such that waving the hands quickly might induce a tremolo effect to the sound. The star shaped L2 is new to my eyes !

Here's something found out today, while trying to find out how to direct the energy, rather than have it spew out all over anywhere. A single turn of very thick copper (16 gauge ?) was soldered to the L1 output and put on the top of the Windsor tower at 90 degrees. While adjusting the bare nekkid Walgreen/Walmart plastic bottle behind it, my 13W CFL bulb that was sat sideways on the work area simply lit up LOL
    Many will know that holding something works much differently than just sitting it on the work desk and some things work best rotated around a certain way. Neons go out at much closer range too, etc.
    So this bulb lighting quite well in any position whatsoever was something quite different...didn't affect the focus of energy much otherwise though.
    Power was 6V from a wall adapter, A1020 PNP transistor.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Slider2732; 05-06-2011, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• twinbeard
    replied
    Excitamin

Hi All,

After looking up what a theramin is, I did indeed see the potential to make a similar application from the exciter circuit. While not laid out and tuned precisely as a theramin would be, I was able to get some interesting sonic effects by flanking the crystal receiver set with two differently tuned exciter circuits. The first exciter I showed in the last post, and the 2nd uses a bifilar starship coil, coils in parallel and out of phase, as the primary of the magnifying transmitter/exciter. At a couple points, an interesting standing wave was created between the two towers. In any case, here is the range of sonic effects I was able to coax out of the setup:

YouTube - Alternative Static

Cheers,
    Twinbeard

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    pill bottle exciter #2

I made an exciter with a 2x3" pill bottle using #28 magnet wire. Tested with 2N7000 and 2N2219. Both worked well but no plasma (even at 12 volts). Any value resistor between 500 and 25K ohms worked with about same results.

Last edited by xee2; 05-06-2011, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    Thanks...I was very surprised that the same wire on a double diameter but same height tower works as well as it does. It's very flexible with Primary coil placement and works with any arrangement of Primary at 2 turns - Inside, close coupled on the side or even double diameter will all produce plasma of similar size.

Dimensions by my measurements appear to be 2.8" tall x 1.75" width (7.1cm x 4.5cm)

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    @ Slider2732

Nicely done video. What are dimensions of the new pill bottle?

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    The Windsor

Showing a lot of promise, here we have an extension to the Walgreen type of tower, this project being codenamed 'White Crow'. The idea, was to see if a much wider tower wound with exactly the same wire gauge, would give as much power (and fun) as a standard Walgreen pill bottle.
    The resultant tower, is based on the 2x larger pill bottle of similar type. Easy enough to replicate I hope, beside taking 6 hours to wind.
    It is, in fact, possibly superior to the Walgreen
    Built over the weekend of the Royal wedding, this is the Windsor Tower. It also looks a bit like one of the entrance towers to Windsor Castle in England.
    The first windings became partially unraveled after a solder joint snapped...so it was rewound last night and the video taken today.

8 full sections from the stators of RF-310T cassette type motors make the Secondary coil.
    2 turns of bell wire (22 gauge approx) form the internally housed Primary coil.
    Slayer exciter circuit, using an A966 transistor.
    7.5V from a regular 3V-12V wall adapter
    It will run well, right down to a button cell 1.5V battery.

YouTube - The Windsor - wireless electricity tower

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Attached is the PNP transistor MegaTest
    I'd like to know if the .pdf can be opened and viewed correctly, it's the first one i've done.

NOW EVERYTHING GOES !!!! SLAYER STRIKE ANYWHERE LOL

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    That's a good hypothesis, bringing thoughts of replicating the battery foil idea as a battery holder. I'm always a fan of having something do more than 1 thing (from micro aircraft interests). Also good to see Dr. Stiffler in full effect too, as I believe he has had health issues, let's hope the pioneering gentleman recovers quickly

Attached is the PNP transistor MegaTest
    I'd like to know if the .pdf can be opened and viewed correctly, it's the first one i've done.
    The lists of both NPN and PNP small TO-92 transistors are within, the PNP list seeing a much better working method, though with fewer tested up to now.
    An ongoing update of the list is hoped for, if it's of use to you guys.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X