X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xee2
    replied
    Originally posted by jimboot View Post
    I suspect that the power is going into circuit through capacitive coupling of foil around battery to the negative battery plates. At RF a capacitor looks like a direct connection (something Maxwell discovered over 100 years ago). If this is not true, then why does he need the foil around the battery. If true, then using the foil is like putting a capacitor across the 100K resistor. Once the circuit starts oscillating at RF frequencies the power will go through the capacitor and bypass the resistor.
    Last edited by xee2; 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    new vid from Dr Stiffler
    Stiffler's Space Energy Coherence (SEC) lights up

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
    Or, L2 inside L1
    No idea why I often confuse the two. The thick one usually being on the outside of the tower might refer to myself lol
    Hey thanks for showing that...
    Constantly guilty of doing the same

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    Or, L2 inside L1
    No idea why I often confuse the two. The thick one usually being on the outside of the tower might refer to myself lol
    Hey thanks for showing that...

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    moving the L1 to INSIDE the L2.

Hi Slider
    Check Mopozcos channel also
    But it features something of interest to this thread --- moving the L1 to INSIDE the L2.
    2 turns of bell wire now sit inside the tower, after I was thinking of ways to tidy up the Walgreen AT plasma speaker.

http://www.energeticforum.com/112926-post1167.html

cheers

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Freecycle

capable NPN's and found on anything. Grab a discarded TV off the street or put an ad on Freecycle etc and you should get plenty of things for wives to worry even more.
    My own total investment in this whole thing so far is about $12 - because my other RS soldering iron burnt out and I needed solder ! Everything else is from junk.
    Funny thing, to think of a TV as a renewable energy source..which it is, kinda.[/QUOTE]

Hi Slider
    why not include microwave ovens too lol
    Multiple L2 on L1 I think your coil can easily handle this

Circuit description on post 636 AND 668
    http://www.energeticforum.com/101788-post678.html
    Another one from jiffy

YouTube - Getting ready for more experiments with the Slayer Exciter
    Slayer
    as the Iphone4 ad says HERE WE GO AGAIN

cheers

totoalas
    Last edited by totoalas; 05-02-2011, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    At 62 pages into the thread....here we go again !
    Very neat and efficient new circuit there
    Does it or will it have a name ?

I'll probably post this video of mine in the 'Star Wars' thread recently started by Cherryman...and I hope to have that as an audio thread perhaps, for others to post their plasma speaker work.
    But it features something of interest to this thread --- moving the L1 to INSIDE the L2.
    2 turns of bell wire now sit inside the tower, after I was thinking of ways to tidy up the Walgreen AT plasma speaker.
    As a bonus to all of this, I can now vinyl style scratch house music recordings with a pencil, as they play through the plasma !!!!

YouTube - Walgreen AT - a few more plasma audio tricks !

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    In this video I'm just showing a different exciter circuit.

And the nine leds being light from the field around the source battery.

YouTube - New Exciter Circuit

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    After just watching Slayer's incredible vid of the Hartley exciter on 12V and with the transistor not even warm, it made me realise how important current use is to the transistor itself. I've got a couple of variable caps and haven't got them doing much yet..will have to see what happens there with spontaneously combusting issues.
    Ultimately, SMD transistors and chokes could create nano Slayer's, the size of a finger nail
    One regular trick for transistor longevity over here, is to use 'common or garden' types for tests, then swap to a turbo performer for a final run. It allows for quick comparisons as a method too. 2N3904, or 9014 are very capable NPN's and found on anything. Grab a discarded TV off the street or put an ad on Freecycle etc and you should get plenty of things for wives to worry even more.
    My own total investment in this whole thing so far is about $12 - because my other RS soldering iron burnt out and I needed solder ! Everything else is from junk.
    Funny thing, to think of a TV as a renewable energy source..which it is, kinda.

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    Decided to have a. Bit of a fry up myself tonight! Went through about 6 trans on my 12v sla. Lit about 70 LEDs 2 neons a 20 w cfl and some great plasma effects. Running at 300ma tho I have attached the 2222 to a giant CPU heat sink.was even lighting an incandescent 40w standard household bulb at one point. Down to my last tranny tho so I am only connecting for seconds at a time. The av plug on my dvm was measuring well above 400 v then nothing as i got closer to the tower as it only goes up to 500v. Had some fun tonight and got my wife worried

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    Yep, these smaller transistors really don't get along with much above 6V. As noted to Jonnydavro, 1.5V to 6V all is great and power increases, at 7.5V some wacky internal heating begins even when heatsinked, above that the transistor will blow. That goes for around 2 dozen different types that i've tried.
    I'm quite convinced that when there is no smoke, no transistor actually blows...it shuts down, folds its arms and stares at you, with the expression being 'just dont even think about connecting me up again mister' hehe

I noticed the type of choke you used ricksl, will give one of those a go !

Leave a comment:

• ricksl
    replied
    not alot done tonight and thanks for taking my sluggishness with a grain of salt, but tonight i ripped apart a circuit board i found in my basement that i think i salvaged from a printer a few years ago, no idea what the circuit does in the least ive tested it traced pins and still could come up with that at the most it was an oscilator of some sort

any way not to get too off track i salvaged an inductor coil from it and put it in place of the secondary and wrapped some wire around it and got my choke exciter working. not nearly as nice as my other one, the only way to get a big field is by few windings and like totallas just mentioned it fries transistors... wish i would've read that post before i did that. so in this picture i was just showing it running leds with alot of windings to keep it safe as that is my last mpsa06. no clue the current draw almost blew a meter. well thats my second post for the month better slow down.

sorry for the poor camera quality my mum just ran off to a concert and took the good one,
    Last edited by ricksl; 05-01-2011, 04:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Slider
    ive just fried 6 Mpsa06 wth 12 v last night coz Ive changed the L2 turns from the usual 9 to 4 t it brghtly it the 8 w lamp and arc along the wires and just fired the transstor even with tranny mod

so thats it for the day

so definitey YOUR ADVICE DONT FRY THIS AT HOME !!!!!!!!!!!

From now on only use low voltage supply like wall adaptors...

enjoy your weekened

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• Slider2732
    replied
    Tons of posts since I last dropped in..always a good thing to see with established threads.
    Wouldn't worry about dated thoughts ricksl, think how many millions of people have soldering irons and yet always flick a light switch on without thinking if they could light the light more efficiently

@Jonny, now that HV 5408 version has me thinking ! I have no clue what a 5408 looks like though. Being as that method must be lighter too than 4x1N4148's it's definitely to be tried. Skin effect on receiving coils is interesting, useful as a summer bug zapper maybe.
    Also, the first pic is ideal for running a little fan that cools the circuit transistor perhaps.
    I'm wary of building a bunch of circuitry that delivers exactly the same output as connecting the two wires of a wall adapter to the final load lol
    As far as plasma goes for small transistors - 3V will produce it, 4.5V increases it, 6V is great, 7.5V increases audio fidelity but heats most transistors internally even with any large heatsink within 30 seconds, 9V shows a drop in output, 12V blows the transistor in short order.

Several things were worked through yesterday. They relate to plasma problems, being mindful of xee2's experiences.
    Firstly, that no matter which tower I tried (all seen in past videos) the plasma output appeared to be no greater or less than the Walgreen with exactly the same circuit. The wireless field was extended, most probably due to size differences, but it would seem that the coil wire gauges pretty much equate and therefore give the same output of plasma. If thinner wire were used for a pop bottle, we'd lose the coherence of the field magnetically. Needless to say, a 22 gauge wound pill bottle still worked for LED's, but was dramatically cut in output power compared.
    Secondly...the audio fidelity of the Walgreen AT musical tower was worked on. I'm putting together a PNP MegaTest like the NPN transistors, but stumbled on the 2SA966 while doing so. Plasma output is around 1" from this larger but same shaped transistor. Also, there are several dinky tiny 1/4 sized transistors that have phenomenal output, like the 2SB810. They're not far off SMD size and seem to be fine at 3.7V when superglued to a heatsink.

So, audio fidelity -
    The multi-voltage wall adapter had a KBP206 rectifier and 2200uF 16V capacitor added to smooth the output (both found on a PC monitor circuitboard). The Ground lead from the PC speakers headphones socket had a 224K green bulb type capacitor added.
    The Walgreen AT now sings opera right up to the highest of notes !

YouTube - Walgreen AT - the opera singing Tesla tower !!!
    Last edited by Slider2732; 04-30-2011, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    @slider I thought it may have been coming from the plasma but dared not hope. Great stuff

Leave a comment:

Working...
X