• jimboot
    replied
    Burning my skin with a slayer exciter
    YouTube - Slayer exciter replication

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
    Hi.Here is a vid and circuit diagram of my Bedini exciter producing plasma and sound using the 2cm ferrite cored coil from the ferrite slayer exciter.I used an mpsa06 transistor and swapped the relay coil for a 4937 diode.Jonny

YouTube - Bedini exciter -plasma with 2cm coil
    @Skywatcher.Hi, Nice little exciter.I like the hollow ferrite core idea.Jonny
    @Jimboot.Great you got it going and your coil looks really nice with decent output.Jonny
    @Ricks.Hi.Try a 4148 diode from emitter to base.Connect the cathode to base.This may get a tube going on a AA.
    Regarding using caps like you say,the best thing to do is try it and see.It may cost you a tranny but then again maybe notJonny
    I accidentally touched the free end of my L2 and it started to cauterize my skin, smoke etc. I guess that is some the same effect?

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    @ jonnydavro

Wow - plasma from a 2 cm. coil. That is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    Plasma with Bedini exciter using 2cm coil

Hi.Here is a vid and circuit diagram of my Bedini exciter producing plasma and sound using the 2cm ferrite cored coil from the ferrite slayer exciter.I used an mpsa06 transistor and swapped the relay coil for a 4937 diode.Jonny

YouTube - Bedini exciter -plasma with 2cm coil
    @Skywatcher.Hi, Nice little exciter.I like the hollow ferrite core idea.Jonny
    @Jimboot.Great you got it going and your coil looks really nice with decent output.Jonny
    @Ricks.Hi.Try a 4148 diode from emitter to base.Connect the cathode to base.This may get a tube going on a AA.
    Regarding using caps like you say,the best thing to do is try it and see.It may cost you a tranny but then again maybe notJonny
    Last edited by jonnydavro; 03-31-2011, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Basic Slayer Circuit

Hi to all
    Using the basic Slayer ckt plus tranny mod
    I placed the 1 M oghm resistor from e to collector
    instead of the usual b to c @ 12 v
    Same output and warm transistor
    Hope somebody try Magneticist teabag antenna lol

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• ricksl
    replied
    im happy i finally got my mini slayer to work- it wasn't until someone mentioned coils being reverse wound somewere that i got them to work. I wasn't able to light a fluorescent tube off of 1.5 volts (don't have a 4 watt) but got it to light partially off of 3 volts and i kept adding batteries- lit fully off of 12 volts and i was able to light up a few leds wirelessly. I played around with a slinky (just to be novelty) as a top load, want to try tubes in water tomorrow. ill get pics tomorrow its late right now.

btw what would be the benefit (if any) of adding a capacitor in series with the L1 coil, would it make a difference if it was added to the open end or the part were it meets with the transistor? and what if we had a cap in parallel with the L1 coil (kinda like a cload with the stiffler sec)

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    Ok I have ditched the resistor and the led all together in @johnnydarvo circuit. My l2 is from a crystal radio kit. I was also watching some of the old eric dollars peter lindemann vids from borderland re one wire and wireless transmission. Eric was saying that the primary and secondary shd have the same volume of copper. So my primary is now 1.25mm mag wire. It's an estimate but the field is certainly stronger. Just been mucking about tonight lighting fluoros whilst sitting them in water.
    Last edited by jimboot; 03-29-2011, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    So not fully powered up yet but that is wireless in that pic & is a 20watter. Will pick up some smaller ones today. It's on 12vdc. Sorry about the mess! Cleaning up tonight

Leave a comment:

• jimboot
    replied
    Woohoo!!! I went a bought a crystal radio kit and pinched the prewound 3cm coil and ferrite out of that . Started working but the in circuit led would only light when I was holding the coil. So I switched the led for a 4148. I'm light one end of a 20watt tube and my soldering iron stand makes a great antenna for the av plug. Think I'll be play with for a while. Thanks for the help everyone. I post some pix when dark.

Leave a comment:

• SkyWatcher
    replied
    Hi folks, here's my micro exciter i threw together.
    It is a ferrite tube core or bead and has multiple layers of 30 gauge for base coil with masking tape in between each layer.
    It has 3 turns of 18 gauge for primary coil.
    Using 3.4 volts
    Using TIP42 NPN and 1.5 kohm base resistor.
    Core length is 1-1/8"
    Core diameter is 3/4"
    peace love light
    Tyson

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
    Jonny this is what I thought was happening. Why I can't get mine to work is still a mystery. I may hook it up to Maggie and see if it works. Her output is rectified AC and the wave form should work. I have one of those small chokes and I'll try that. The wave form that is coming out of my wall outlet transformer might be the problem---but I don't think so.

Lidmotor
    Hi Lidmotor.The only way i can get it to work with the adapter is using the large 10uh inductor.It will not work using the small choke.
    The small 10uh inductors will work when set up in the test circuit i showed in my last vid and can be powered by suitable dc generators and better still a stepper motor.I got mine out of an old printer but it would be really great if you could try maggie.
    I think the quickest way to get something working is to build the test circuit and at least this way you will know if your inductors have a chance as they along with the input signal are the critical parts of this jigsaw.Jonny

Leave a comment:

• Lidmotor
    replied
    Ripple exciter

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
    Hi.Here is a vid which looks into how my adapter exciter works.I believe the transistor is switched due to ripple voltage or sinewave inputs including AC.
    YouTube - Adapter exciter update and how it works
    @totoalas.Very nice.These micro exciters could benifit the UV water sterilisation project and make them fit on a keyring with a UV diode.Thanks for sharing your results.Jonny
    Jonny this is what I thought was happening. Why I can't get mine to work is still a mystery. I may hook it up to Maggie and see if it works. Her output is rectified AC and the wave form should work. I have one of those small chokes and I'll try that. The wave form that is coming out of my wall outlet transformer might be the problem---but I don't think so.

Lidmotor

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Slayer Remote Switch

Hi Jonny
    micro slayer UV led in a ring thats a good idea!!!!!!!!
    Better still is your new remote switch
    for Wireless Slayer

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    Hi.I was doing some run tests with the 9cm mini ferrite slayer exciter using a 1.5v battery and the circuit stopped oscillating at 160mv.
    I then swapped the battery for a supercap with 0.3v in and the circuit would not start as it needs at least 550mv to start normally but I then had a happy accident when I switched a wall adapter on and the circuit started by what I think must be an electromagnetic pulse.I then tried a piezo crystal gas lighter and that works and starts the circuit when clicked in the vicinity of the L1 coil so this method will allow us to use batteries under 550mv that would normally be thrown away.
    Here is a vid of the experiment.The led is the indicator led from emitter to base and the L1 output is open.Jonny
    YouTube - Starting a ferrite slayer exciter on under 550mv

Leave a comment:

Working...
X