No announcement yet.

Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet power? Colloidial silver generation is faster in the full moon... "Space Conduits" between stars, etc... All affect charging yet are completely unmentioned in books.

@Johnny.... After you have directed your mind toward a goal, and have worked hard for it, taking a break and emptying your mind allows your subconsciousness and the collective unconsciousness (or whatever your calling it) to have a chat... Theta waves in your brain are predominant when this is going on.

... but had no luck so i sat down and had a brew and all off a sudden...
    Times like these ;-) Even though it wasn't a flash of inspiration, it did require the observational break. Keep up the good work and keep a fresh mind.

@totalas - Please preform charge/discharge tests because meters regularly lie to you. I recorded a video of a slayer and bedini mutation that the meter showed current flowing INTO both batteries... but I left it alone for a few hours and the run battery did indeed loose charge. When an oscillator is in resonance with its environment (load?) then that's when you will notice these things.

Comment

• Energy field

I discovered that you can put another battery operated fluorescent near the exciter and run it with the switch turned off. You just put the light near the Slayer Exciter, turn it on, and then turn it off. The light will stay on at about half brightness. It is another cool effect that this device exhibits.

@ Totoalas
      I will be interested to see how your experiments progress. I have not seen any self charging. My "Mini" just drinks energy in gulps and says--- "More please".

Cheers,

Lidmotor
      Last edited by Lidmotor; 07-22-2010, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• Hi Lidmotor,

I am starting to get some reults from varying L2 turns.

I recall in your video, you mentioned "blowing" several transistors.

How did you resolve that issue.

Kind Regards, Penno

Comment

• Blown transistors

Originally posted by penno64 View Post
          Hi Lidmotor,

Kind Regards, Penno
          The way that I am getting around the transistor heat problem on the "Mini" is by not running it at more than 9 volts. I also put a heat sink on the transistor.
          On the larger coil circuit that makes the plasma, the situation is worse because I could not get the plasma unless I used more power. The way that I stopped blowing transistors on that one was to just run the circuit for a few seconds. That is really not a solution. I noticed that Woopy was using a blower fan to cool his down. Jonny was actually putting his transistor in a small cup of water. If you add more output load (lights) that seems to help also. Dr. Stiffler explained the problem in his circuit as the energy needing a way out. If you don't give it a way to go, then it ends up as heat at the transistor. I don't know if that applies to Slayer's circuit or not.

Lidmotor

Comment

• frying transistors

Originally posted by penno64 View Post
            Hi Lidmotor,

Kind Regards, Penno
            there are many ways as Lidmotor mentioned
            One cut the amp draw by adding one Mpsa06 b to e and c to b with e hanging
            two using the brass terminal of a terminal block on the transistor
            iI cuts the temp by 4 deg C

Comment

• SEc or battery self charging??????

Hi to all
              As suggested I did some tests
              21 July21 1845 12.65
              Next day 0800 12.69 cold state without load
              started charging in max wtih batt charger output rating 45 amp
              after 30 minutes 13.35 nd now put some load 40 w pelier cooler
              Another 30minutes 12.18 and after removing load 12.64
              With mini tesla 8 w load
              9 am 12.64
              4:20pm 12.63 and removed load
              6:15pm without sec the reading was 12.68

All readings done with Fluke 87 V Fluke 705 and Metra 10 having same readings
              cheers

totoalas

Comment

• @ penno64

Adding a variable capacitor across the emitter and transistor base you can controll the current intake.
                Also removing the bemf the L2 coil makes will help keep the heat down.
                And you can also charge another battery with it.

I have also been having better results with larger L1 coils.
                It gives me a stronger field and uses less current.

Comment

• limiting circuit current

Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                  The way that I am getting around the transistor heat problem on the "Mini" is by not running it at more than 9 volts. I also put a heat sink on the transistor.
                  On the larger coil circuit that makes the plasma, the situation is worse because I could not get the plasma unless I used more power. The way that I stopped blowing transistors on that one was to just run the circuit for a few seconds. That is really not a solution. I noticed that Woopy was using a blower fan to cool his down. Jonny was actually putting his transistor in a small cup of water. If you add more output load (lights) that seems to help also. Dr. Stiffler explained the problem in his circuit as the energy needing a way out. If you don't give it a way to go, then it ends up as heat at the transistor. I don't know if that applies to Slayer's circuit or not.

Lidmotor
                  Adding a 10 ohm 5 watt resistor in series with the positive battery terminal will provide some automatic power control. As the current goes up the voltage drop across the resistor will increse thus reducing the voltage to the transistor. It is not a perfect solution but it should prevent really large currents. Note - this limits current to the transistor, the battery current will be increased since power is being wasted in the resistor.
                  Last edited by xee2; 07-23-2010, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                    Hi to all
                    As suggested I did some tests

With mini tesla 8 w load
                    9 am 12.64
                    4:20pm 12.63 and removed load
                    6:15pm without sec the reading was 12.68

All readings done with Fluke 87 V Fluke 705 and Metra 10 having same readings
                    cheers

totoalas
                    sounds very promising
                    Could you try another longer test with the mini tesla coil 8w load ? (another variant would be to use the battery a little more discharged, like around 12.20v to see what happens)
                    And if you use another battery for same experience, that might give some confirmations
                    i hope to build one soon myself, for the moment i am still full hands on the Tesla Switch

Sounds Great !

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Thanks to all for suggestions.

I have gone up to a TIP3055 and heatsink.

I have tried several diameters of L2 and settled on a 75mm 8 turn.

Our bulbs are 240v here in Australia - so I am not able to light it brightly.

I am yet to meaure DC current draw but running from a 12v car battery (old) voltage sits at 12.07 - 12.08.

My L1 is using a spool of .5mm wire and the diameter is 35mm and it stands
                      about 280mm tall.

Initially I found better peak voltage (via scope) when holding the compressed
                      L2 just above centre of L1.

I tried stretching L2 and have settled on that setup with L2 going up two thirds of L1.

Two questions -

At what point should I take off the BEMF ?

EDIT : Why can I not get my led from Ov to BASE via 2 x IN4148 to light ? Got the diode going. Changed to a lower voltage one.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Kind Regards, Penno

Guys, the battery seems to have settled at 12.09 and has now been running for a couple of hours.
                      TIP3055 is warm on the heatsink but not hot.

Just as an aside, have any of you seen some of the videos of MOPOZCO about his "TROS" on youtube. I would love to replicate some of those.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by penno64; 07-23-2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• For this test I added a variable capacitor across the L2 coil.

It's running off a 1.5v AA battery lighting 40 led's and a 14w FL.

Remember this the lower the voltage you use with this circuit the less current you draw.

Here is the video.

YouTube - Exiter with variable capacitor

Comment

• @Slayer

You have pobably been asked this a cazillion times but -

What are the dimensions of your L1 and L2 and wire gauge for both.

Kindest Regards, Penno

Comment

• Originally posted by penno64 View Post
                            @Slayer

You have pobably been asked this a cazillion times but -

What are the dimensions of your L1 and L2 and wire gauge for both.

Kindest Regards, Penno

This setup the L1 is 13' x 3.25' 26awg mag wire, L3 is 16' x 3.25' 23 awg mag wire.
                            L2 is a 9 turn pancake coil 21 awg plastic coated wire.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• MOPOZCO---Solid State Tesla coil

@ Penno & All
                              I have been following Mopozco's work for some time and he builds some very interesting devices. There is no narration in his videos but he does use circuit diagrams and notes usually. It is still hard for me to understand exactly what is happening sometimes. He built a SSTC and posted several videos of it. This one shows an experiment that is similar to what we have been doing here showing one wire or wireless transmission of energy. The circuit is a standard simple one transistor flyback transformer Tesla coil driver. Notice the spark gap in the video. This is NOT what we are doing here on this tread but it does show similar effects so I thought that it would be worth showing.

I still ask the question: What the heck is going on here with these relatively low voltage circuits that produce the electrostatic effects of a traditional HV Tesla Coil?

Here is the video by Mopozco that looks alot like what we are doing:

YouTube - fun with electrostatic VII "wireless beercans energy transmission"

Lidmotor

Comment

• hi lid

is mopozco putting the output of the flyback, on the tesla coil primary?

you might like to look on my new video: YouTube - COLD ENERGY

im lightning an incandescent bulb directly from a flyback, using the tesla hairpin circuit! was anyone allready able to light incandescents from flyback output without using any kind of parallel step down transformer?

maybe its not something special but that let me mouth open!

sorry the offtopic guys!

hugs

Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                                @ Penno & All
                                I have been following Mopozco's work for some time and he builds some very interesting devices. There is no narration in his videos but he does use circuit diagrams and notes usually. It is still hard for me to understand exactly what is happening sometimes. He built a SSTC and posted several videos of it. This one shows an experiment that is similar to what we have been doing here showing one wire or wireless transmission of energy. The circuit is a standard simple one transistor flyback transformer Tesla coil driver. Notice the spark gap in the video. This is NOT what we are doing here on this tread but it does show similar effects so I thought that it would be worth showing.

I still ask the question: What the heck is going on here with these relatively low voltage circuits that produce the electrostatic effects of a traditional HV Tesla Coil?

Here is the video by Mopozco that looks alot like what we are doing:

YouTube - fun with electrostatic VII "wireless beercans energy transmission"

Lidmotor
                                Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

Working...
                                X