Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyWatcher
    replied
    Hi folks, Hi slayer, thank you for sharing your latest creation.

Could you please tell me in which position the 512 pf capacitor is in this latest circuit.
    I see two of your schematics, one has a cap in series with the base and the other has it in parallel with L2, thanks.

If you could also please tell me what the pot type device is that you are turning in this last video, thanks.

I am almost done building my small exciter like yours.

L1 is on a 1-1/4" diameter tube X 2-3/4" length using 100 turns of 24 gauge.
    L2 is so far 10 turns of 18 gauge pancake coil, though will probably be like 14 turns.

These pancake coils are a real pain to make, i used masking tape, sticky side up and glued that to a piece of cardboard i cut to shape, though masking tape is not quite sticky enough to hold 18 gauge in place good, so a few dabs of superglue helps.
    peace love light
    Tyson

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    Originally posted by aaron5120 View Post
    @Slayer
    Well, this is a very good variant. I like it very much. Can you give the number of turns and gauge of the coils, and their diameters? I would like to replicate this one. Did you use MPSA06 or other transistor for this circuit? Are the leds connected in series?
    thanks for sharing Slayer
    aaron5120
    The L1 coil is 80 turns of 26 awg mag wire around a half inch pcv pipe.
    The L2 coil is 12 tunrs of 21awg plastic coated solid wire.

The transistor is a MPSA06 the cap is 0-512 pf.

Yes the leds are all in series.

@ All

In this video I removed the digital meter so it dosen't interfere with the circuit.

I just thought it was interesting when the coil is it's hotest at the end.There is no field around the L1 coil.
    But when it's slightly detuned it is very hot around the L1 coil.

YouTube - Small Slayer Exciter test

Leave a comment:

• aaron5120
    replied
    Xee2 circuit

Originally posted by xee2 View Post
    Here is another mini exciter. This is one of the first exciters that I made. It is easy to make and easy to get to work.

YouTube - mini exciter
    Thank you, Xee2, I appreciate it. Will try with other transistors, I do not have 2N2219.
    aaron5120

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    mini exciter

Here is another mini exciter. This is one of the first exciters that I made. It is easy to make and easy to get to work.

YouTube - mini exciter

Leave a comment:

• aaron5120
    replied
    Coil spec of the circuit

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
    In this video I wanted to see how small of an exciter coil I could make and still have it run.
    It's running off 12v using 200uA to 30mA.

The field around the exciter is very weak.But it works good for the one wire energy transfer.

YouTube - Very Small Exciter Coil
    @Slayer
    Well, this is a very good variant. I like it very much. Can you give the number of turns and gauge of the coils, and their diameters? I would like to replicate this one. Did you use MPSA06 or other transistor for this circuit? Are the leds connected in series?
    thanks for sharing Slayer
    aaron5120

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    In this video I wanted to see how small of an exciter coil I could make and still have it run.
    It's running off 12v using 200uA to 30mA.

The field around the exciter is very weak.But it works good for the one wire energy transfer.

YouTube - Very Small Exciter Coil

Leave a comment:

• aaron5120
    replied
    Replication in progress

[QUOTE=slayer007;132821]@Aaron5120

Using the loopstick antenna I would use 5-9 turns for the L2 coil.
    You can light a cfl with this setup but it still dosen't have the performance of the bigger coils.
    It will work with the TIP3055 the other transistors I have not tried yet.

At first if this dosen't work try reversing the polarity on the L2 coil.
    Slayer=Quote]

@Slayer
    Thanks a lot for the tips!
    I have commenced the test before I see your post, and tried 2N5551, and 2SC5525 with no avail. I will try TIP3055 tomorrow. There are a lot of inductance in the loopstick coil---several tens of Henries, is that normal in these antennas? Should I wind the L2 directly over the Litz coil, or should I put L2 beside L1 along the ferrite?
    The CFL I have are all 20W, are they all right or should I use the 10W ones? This circuit and its variants seem to make brighter whatever it lights up, than the classic JT circuit.
    I managed to make 12 leds lit up for 4 days consecutively with only two AA battery. The batteries drop 0.004V per hour of operation of the modified JT circuit. I used Darlington arrangement.
    Will keep you informed about my progress with the Mini.
    aaron5120
    Last edited by aaron5120; 03-02-2011, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Capslayer Pwm

Hi to all
    Just made a pwm using cap and a relay frequency can be controlled by lamp load or body ground
    Basc Slayer circuit @ 12 v dc

cheers
    totoalas

YouTube - 2H2H CAPSLAY PWM DUAL CONTROL 030311.avi

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    Originally posted by aaron5120 View Post
    Hi GBluer and others,
    I a very impressed with the Exciter circuit, and would like to replicate especially the Mini SEC variant, which you showed in your YT clip using a loopstick ferrite.
    I bought some AM loopstick antennas and got 50 Mt of Litz wires for this.
    I know L2 should be 9 turns of AWG23 magnet wire, and L1 is the original coil of the AM antenna.
    Anything I should pay attention apart from these aspects?
    Can I light a small CFL with this setup?
    I have these transistors for the choice: 2N5551, TIP3055, 2SC2SD2390.
    No MPSA06, BC338 though!
    Thanks for your help!
    aaron5120

@Aaron5120

Using the loopstick antenna I would use 5-9 turns for the L2 coil.
    You can light a cfl with this setup but it still dosen't have the performance of the bigger coils.
    It will work with the TIP3055 the other transistors I have not tried yet.

At first if this dosen't work try reversing the polarity on the L2 coil.

EDIT:
    Sorry Kempis I just noticed your post.The L1 coil is 3.25" X 18" and the L3 coil is 3.25" X 16"
    Last edited by slayer007; 03-02-2011, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aaron5120
    replied
    Loopstick ferrite antenna SEC

Hi GBluer and others,
    I a very impressed with the Exciter circuit, and would like to replicate especially the Mini SEC variant, which you showed in your YT clip using a loopstick ferrite.
    I bought some AM loopstick antennas and got 50 Mt of Litz wires for this.
    I know L2 should be 9 turns of AWG23 magnet wire, and L1 is the original coil of the AM antenna.
    Anything I should pay attention apart from these aspects?
    Can I light a small CFL with this setup?
    I have these transistors for the choice: 2N5551, TIP3055, 2SC2SD2390.
    No MPSA06, BC338 though!
    Thanks for your help!
    aaron5120

Leave a comment:

• SkyWatcher
    replied
    Hi folks, couldn't find a better thread to post this in.
    I picked up an 8 pack of powergenix nickel zinc rechargeable 1.6 volt AA's for $1.00 a piece.
    I charged them up with my Bedini variant solid state radiant charger and after 4 hours rest time, the standing voltage is 1.86 volts on each AA cell.

They are supposed to be rated around 2000 mah.
    Just thought someone might be interested in these higher voltage rechargeable AA cells.
    I'll let you folks know how well they work in my joule thief for powering and charging, should give a nice boost to one AA led setups.
    peace love light
    Tyson

Leave a comment:

• kcarring
    replied
    Originally posted by conradelektro View Post
    @kcarring:

Interesting way of connecting the tower to the base of the transistor?

Please check the drawing and tell us if I interpreted the circuit in your video correctly.

The BC338 has a high DC current gain (hFE 100 - 600). May be this is the reason why the current from the capacitor is enough to trigger it.

Greetings, Conrad

I think the addition of the capacitor was pretty much irrelevant, to be honest. It was very late at night and I was trying too many things, all at once. The change in transistors was everything though, for whatever reasons, I was never able to get this tower to fire up on a MPSA06 or 2N2222, which was the frustration.

Oddly, it fires up 2 x (15 watt) CFL straight tube really nice (on 6v). Yet, 5 LEDs (and not that bright) was about all I could get going for that end of things. I'm going to try jonnydavros trick where you take the L2 away and use a small toroid.

Cheers All

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Slayer Charger

I have not tried charging anything larger that a 6V so far.
    I did try 3v as the run and the 6v as the charge.It did charge a little faster but using higher run voltage also uses more current from the run batteries.

Right now I'am trying another setup with a large coil around the L3 coil.
    The large coil is looping back to the source battery.

I'll let it run a couple days and if it works ok I'll post a video of the setup.
    Thanks for the quick reply
    will try to replicate your circuit

cheers

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    Originally posted by totoalas View Post
    Hi Slayer
    Just asin if you ever tried doubling the ruun and charge battery like

3volts run and 12 volts charge set up can the circuuit ndle this///

cheers

totoalas
    I have not tried charging anything larger that a 6V so far.
    I did try 3v as the run and the 6v as the charge.It did charge a little faster but using higher run voltage also uses more current from the run batteries.

Right now I'am trying another setup with a large coil around the L3 coil.
    The large coil is looping back to the source battery.

I'll let it run a couple days and if it works ok I'll post a video of the setup.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Slayer Charger

@Kcarring Nice looking setup.
    You may allso want to try around 40 leds in series.
    With the leds you should be able to get more light at a lower current draw.

@All

In this video I show another Tesla switch setup.
    In this setup you can use a smaller run battery to recharge a larger battery.

In the video I used a AA battery to start to recharge a bigger 6v battery.

The start voltage on the run battery was 1.3v and the charge battery was a 6v battery @ 4v.

After running all night the run battery went down to 1v and the charge battery went up to 5.7v.

YouTube - Exciter & Tesal Switch 2
    Hi Slayer
    Just asin if you ever tried doubling the ruun and charge battery like

3volts run and 12 volts charge set up can the circuuit ndle this///

cheers

totoalas

Leave a comment:

Working...
X