X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• altrez
    replied
    Originally posted by xee2 View Post
    Wow. That is really high. Maybe the wire is something other than copper. I am pretty sure that is your problem.
    Do you think 75 feet of 26-gauge wire will be ok to use for the coil? Will that be enough?

Thank you once again!

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    Originally posted by altrez View Post
    Looks to be around 200k omh is that to much?

Thank you!
    Wow. That is really high. Maybe the wire is something other than copper. I am pretty sure that is your problem.

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
    In this video I added a coil to the collector of the transistor.And also added a indicator light with a led from the emitter to the base of the transistor.
    Or replace the led with another coil.

I'm thinking this would also work very good with Dr Stifflers NIFL setup.

YouTube - Stiffler Slayer Exciter 2
    Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    It must be a very small diameter wire. That may be the problem since it will give you a very large resistance for the coil. Please measure the resistance of your coil for me.
    Looks to be around 200k omh is that to much?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    In this video I added a coil to the collector of the transistor.And also added a indicator light with a led from the emitter to the base of the transistor.
    Or replace the led with another coil.

I'm thinking this would also work very good with Dr Stifflers NIFL setup.

YouTube - Stiffler Slayer Exciter 2

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    It must be a very small diameter wire. That may be the problem since it will give you a very large resistance for the coil. Please measure the resistance of your coil for me.
    Sure I will do that as soon as I get home this evening. Its around 19.2H for the inductance up from .618 on the old coil but I did not even think to check the resistance.

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    Originally posted by seth View Post
    @altrez
    Use the kind of pvc pipe you find in heating and plumbing stores - toilet outlet pipes are great! big diametre and very long! Im using about 450 turns of 0.5mm enamelled copper wire. For the primary ive got thick iron wire or thick copper wire, just two turns but i havent tried with more....you'll definitely get a CFL lit with one so large. I have a much thinner PVC pipe with less turns (outer diametre, 50mm!!!) that doesnt work at all even on higher voltages. Bigger is better.
    Thank you for the idea I will be sure to give that a try.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Slayer UV?/Mosquito Zapper

Hi to all
    Has anybody done a UV lamp water disinfection and or a mosquito zapper on a window aluminum screen with low power milliamp output
    The lamp intensity is my worry since the UV radiation must penetrate to at least
    half inch of exposure to drinking water
    A jiffy puck col is a good candidate for the insect repellant but requires more power

Kooler can you ost yur schematic and type/odel of yur flyback as this is also a great circu it

thanks

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    @ kooler

A flyback without diodes, wow you find all the good stuff. Congratulations on getting Slayer's circuit to work with those small coils. I tried something similar and it was very hard to do. Joule thief circuit is much easier.

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    The wire I am using might be 32 or 34 awg magnetic wire.

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    I do not understand how that can be. 1400 turns of #28 wire would have a length of over 17" so something is wrong. 28 AWG wire = 0.0126 inch diameter. So, 0.0126" x 1400 = 17.6" would be the coil length if there was no gap at all between turns.
    I do not understand it either. I must be off in my counting. I warped 300 turns CW and then measured the coil it was 1.4 inches long on a 3 1/2 Inch PVC pipe. The wire I am using might be 32 or 34 awg magnetic wire. I will post a pic tonight.

So What I am going to do is order some 28AWG wire and wrap it very slowly and have someone else count it as well.

I just assumed it was the Radio shack wire but it could of been something else. I have some much random pieces and parts laying around my lab that Human error is a big factor

You have been a big help! I tested this morning with 1 AA and was easily lighting LEDS from 8 inches away.

-Altrez

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    @altrez
    Use the kind of pvc pipe you find in heating and plumbing stores - toilet outlet pipes are great! big diametre and very long! Im using about 450 turns of 0.5mm enamelled copper wire. For the primary ive got thick iron wire or thick copper wire, just two turns but i havent tried with more....you'll definitely get a CFL lit with one so large. I have a much thinner PVC pipe with less turns (outer diametre, 50mm!!!) that doesnt work at all even on higher voltages. Bigger is better.

@kooler

Nice video! I have a flyback lighting a cfl on 1AA (but in an emergency caharger), but its like the circuits you and xee were playing with on the other thread - Thanks And good luck!

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    Its about 4 inches
    I do not understand how that can be. 1400 turns of #28 wire would have a length of over 17" so something is wrong. 28 AWG wire = 0.0126 inch diameter. So, 0.0126" x 1400 = 17.6" would be the coil length if there was no gap at all between turns.

Leave a comment:

• altrez
    replied
    How long is the 1400 turn coil on the PVC pipe? I can light a 4W tube wirelessly with 400 turns, so I think you still have coil problems. Is your coil single layer with no wires over other wires?
    Its about 4 inches and very smooth. No wires over each other. And like I said it preforms way better then the last coil. I am not sure how you are getting 300 turns to light a tube. I dont know what I am doing wrong?

It will not light even a neon but it will light LEDs wireless with a good ground from a foot away.

-Altrez

Leave a comment:

• kooler
    replied
    i made a simple slayer exciter.. from a coreless flyback coil..

YouTube - slayer flyback

battery has 1 volt and is 127 ma's
    it works

robbie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X