X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CosmicFarmer
    replied
    @slayer007

Youtube is acting up! I cant send messages or post. HM..

This is what I wanted to say.

"Just keep poppin' them coils all over your circuit and it seems to work. Great idea to put another L2 where you did... That spot was pretty much wasted energy, instead of frying a transistor or lighting one led, it now works a whole tower!

Can you make a video where you light up your whole room from a 1AA battery? Thats going to take alot of LEDs but I think around 200 should be easy for your setup.

Does the Sgate help?"

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    In this video I replaced the indicator led with a second L2 coil and tower.
    The second tower or L1 coil is not connected to anything.

I also have two other coils running to an s type gate.With an AV plug running back to a cap thats running right back to the source battery.

YouTube - Slayer Exciter With Second L2 coil And Tower

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
    Good job! Let us know how you did it.
    I have been exploring the realm of ultra low power circuits also and this is great news to me. It means that we might be able to get an exciter to work off solar cells and just ambient indoor solar energy.
    My efforts are now in replicating a circuit that I found in a toy called the "Solar Powered Lucky Cat". That little device will start running automatically as soon as it gets light in morning. The tiny solar cell (panel) measures 1/2" x 1 3/8". There are a number of other devices on the market that use a similar low energy driver circuit to make motion.
    Dr. Stiffler has mentioned on his thread that he is also testing a transistor that will trigger and very low power.

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Thanks Lidmotor.

It was nothing special I was just surprised it would run at that low a current.

The transmitter tower has a bigger L2 coil around 16 turns with a variable capacitors across the L2 coil.
    The receiver tower had an AV plug going to a steel bowl.

The receiver tower seemed to help keep the current intake down.
    When the tower was moved the current intake would go back up.

Leave a comment:

• Lidmotor
    replied
    C3 capacitor

@totoalas
    Thanks. I would have gotten that cap value wrong.

Lidmotor
    Last edited by Lidmotor; 11-28-2010, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    You did not put a value on the C3 capacitor in the circuit diagram. Is it 4.7uf like C2 or different?

Lidmotor[/QUOTE]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi Lidmotor
    C3 is 2.2 nf

cheers

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
    Hi Lidmotor and all
    Here is another example of efficient solar panel in dawn moonlight and fluorescent day light driving a pair of magnet

cheers

totoalas

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/3913/ryr.mp4
    Thank you very much for postinig this circuit. This is the one that I have been trying to replicate for weeks.. I have that exact blue "waving arm" device and could not figure out the circuit that it uses. There are a number of other circuits used on these type devices but THAT one is the one I was looking for. The circuit that is in the "Solar Powered Waving Lucky Cat" is a little different I think but the principle is the same.

You did not put a value on the C3 capacitor in the circuit diagram. Is it 4.7uf like C2 or different?

Solarbotics sells a great little 1" pancake driver coil for $2.50 that will work on this circuit if anyone else is interested in building one of these. I bought a few of them and may try to make a subminiature "Jiffycoil Pancake Exciter" using one.

Here is a link to Solarbotics site. They are located in Canada and sell a bunch of neat stuff.
    CMH - Coil « Products « Solarbotics

Lidmotor[/QUOTE]

Hi Lidmotor

C3 is 2.2 nf

cheers

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• Lidmotor
    replied
    Low light "Waving Device" circuit

Originally posted by totoalas View Post
    That little device will start running automatically as soon as it gets light in morning. The tiny solar cell (panel) measures 1/2" x 1 3/8". There are a number of other devices on the market that use a similar low energy driver circuit to make motion.
    Dr. Stiffler has mentioned on his thread that he is also testing a transistor that will trigger and very low power.

Cheers,

Lidmotor
    Hi Lidmotor and all
    Here is another example of efficient solar panel in dawn moonlight and fluorescent day light driving a pair of magnet

cheers

totoalas

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/3913/ryr.mp4[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for postinig this circuit. This is the one that I have been trying to replicate for weeks.. I have that exact blue "waving arm" device and could not figure out the circuit that it uses. There are a number of other circuits used on these type devices but THAT one is the one I was looking for. The circuit that is in the "Solar Powered Waving Lucky Cat" is a little different I think but the principle is the same.

Solarbotics sells a great little 1" pancake driver coil for $2.50 that will work on this circuit if anyone else is interested in building one of these. I bought a few of them and may try to make a subminiature "Jiffycoil Pancake Exciter" using one.

Here is a link to Solarbotics site. They are located in Canada and sell a bunch of neat stuff.
    CMH - Coil « Products « Solarbotics

Lidmotor
    Last edited by Lidmotor; 11-28-2010, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    That little device will start running automatically as soon as it gets light in morning. The tiny solar cell (panel) measures 1/2" x 1 3/8". There are a number of other devices on the market that use a similar low energy driver circuit to make motion.

Cheers,

Lidmotor[/QUOTE]
    Hi Lidmotor and all

cheers

totoalas

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/3913/ryr.mp4

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    Still cant find a cap with low microfarads, but the diode works fine. This flyback transistor circuit will easily power a little magnet/neon light/croc clip motor. Ive just tried it - spins really fast. I connected output pin 8 to a sheet of al foil under some wood, and connected the rubber sucker to a neon light suspended frm a croc clip via a tiny magnet. Works a charm if you fancy some motor experiments.

Heres an improved version of the jacobs ladder

YouTube - jacobsladder2
    Last edited by seth; 11-27-2010, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    @ Seth.

Great start. The diode and capacitor should increase your output voltage for the same input voltage. I just got some new flybacks, so now I get to be frustrated trying to figure out what pins to use on them. I sure wish they put diagrams on the coils.

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied

Thanks Xee and Kooler - ive found the magic pins!!!! Only problem i have is arcing all over the flyback pins, but its certainly working now - here is my first prototype of the jacobs ladder:

YouTube - jacobsladder 1

The alan keys need to be replaced with something better, and the circuit needs tinkering. Nonetheless, great fun.

Leave a comment:

• Lidmotor
    replied
    ultra low power exciter

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
    Thanks Jonny.

Sorry for the last video.
    This one the lighting is a little better.

The exciter is running off a AA rechargeable battery using 50 to 120 uA.

YouTube - Slayer Exciter Running on Low Current 2
    Good job! Let us know how you did it.
    I have been exploring the realm of ultra low power circuits also and this is great news to me. It means that we might be able to get an exciter to work off solar cells and just ambient indoor solar energy.
    My efforts are now in replicating a circuit that I found in a toy called the "Solar Powered Lucky Cat". That little device will start running automatically as soon as it gets light in morning. The tiny solar cell (panel) measures 1/2" x 1 3/8". There are a number of other devices on the market that use a similar low energy driver circuit to make motion.

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    @ Seth

All of the manufacturers seem to use different pin numbers for their flybacks. So the pins to use on your flyback will probably not be the same as on mine. My L1 coil is 0.8 ohms and my L2 coil is 1.6 ohms. You may also need to reverse the leads on the L1 coil to make it work. Finding the correct pins to use is the hardest part of using flyback transformers. It is easy to find the other end of the HV output coil, but the others are not so easy. Sometimes L1 and L2 are part of the same coil (center tap) and sometimes they are not.

I suggest using a neon bulb across the output coil and working with a 1.5 volt battery so that you do not damage the flyback before you find the correct pins. If your connections are correct the neon will light from the 1.5 volt battery (my flyback will light a fluorescent tube from a 1.5 volt battery).

you might find this helpful >>> My Electronics Hobby: 555 Timer-Based Flyback Transformer Driver
    Last edited by xee2; 11-26-2010, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slayer007
    replied
    Thanks Jonny.

Sorry for the last video.
    This one the lighting is a little better.

The exciter is running off a AA rechargeable battery using 50 to 120 uA.

YouTube - Slayer Exciter Running on Low Current 2

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    @Seth.Feel free to post your flyback experiments here as I have and you will probably find that there is some wireless action so it is not off topic and ties in nicely.
    Xee had a really neat joulethief like circuit which worked really nice off a 1.5v battery and that is a handy circuit to quickly see if you have a decent flyback as some are better than others.
    Congrats to you and your wife also on the up coming birth of your son Jonny
    @Slayer.Your Low voltage setup is the best I have seen to date and the output and run times are amazing for a AA battery.Nice work.Jonny.
    Last edited by jonnydavro; 11-26-2010, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X