X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xee2
    replied
    @ Seth

The MJE1307 does not even need a heat sink in this circuit. So it should last forever.

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    Originally posted by xee2 View Post
    This circuit works from a lower voltage than others I have seen. Please note correction on 9V battery schematic. Your flyback pins may be different. The goal is to make a battery powered Tesla coil. This circuit would replace your neon transformer. Of coarse the Tesla coil will not be as powerful. The goal is just to see if it can be done.

EDIT: the MJE1307 is the only transistor I have been able to get to work.

Very very interesting - a year ago i managed to get an old russian transistor to work on the circuit diagram on this page

Transistor Driven High Voltage Flyback Transformer Page.

spark length was greater than 1cm, so it went up to around 10Kv. Unfortunately the transistor only lasted a few minutes. The guy on this page makes it clear that MOST transistors dont work, but the MJE 13009 works.......probably similar to the MJE 1307 that works on your circuit. I'll have a try with my favourite mosfet (IRF 830) and some others, but i'll buy the MJE 1307 at the next opportunity.

Cheers for all and any info xee - you a wise mo fo

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    Originally posted by seth View Post
    Ive been looking for a tv flyback/jacobs ladder circuit for ages!!!!!! I will replicate ASAP.
    This circuit works from a lower voltage than others I have seen. Please note correction on 9V battery schematic. Your flyback pins may be different. The goal is to make a battery powered Tesla coil. This circuit would replace your neon transformer. Of coarse the Tesla coil will not be as powerful. The goal is just to see if it can be done.

EDIT: the MJE1307 is the only transistor I have been able to get to work.
    Last edited by xee2; 11-23-2010, 05:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    Thank you Kooler and Xee2!!!!

Ive been looking for a tv flyback/jacobs ladder circuit for ages!!!!!! I will replicate ASAP. i have 2 flybacks just sitting n waiting to be used - great stuff.

You da man xee.

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    Jacob ladder videos

Kooler keeps creating amazing circuits. This is a modification of one of his latest circuits (http://www.overunity.com/index.php?a...0;attach=48899) that I used for some Jacob ladders.

YouTube - 9V battery Jacob ladder

YouTube - 12V Jacob ladder

EDIT: 9 volt battery video replaced with new version, there was an error on the schematic.
    EDT2: NOTE - correct part number for transistor is MJE13007.
    Last edited by xee2; 11-25-2010, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jiffycoil
    replied
    That looks really cool. I've been reading about the Tesla switch so this would be a good start.

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Joule Theif Evolution; The Eternity Light Project

http://www.energeticforum.com/116894-post909.html

hi to all

hope we can integrate the slayer with this circuit from Big Joule thief

cheers

totoalas

Leave a comment:

• Jiffycoil
    replied
    I hope you get the camera but I kinda like the music.

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    Originally posted by woopy View Post
    Hi Seth

oouupps

just to inform you that your video has been blocked for music reason.

I dont know why, it seems to be a Sonny copyright.

As for me, i think that music is not absolutely necessary in our research and i would prefer some explaining comments.

But i know that it is not so easy to do. So if you prefer music , try to choose copyright free, so you will not be blocked.

But anyway thanks for sharing your work

And good luck at all.

Laurent
    Hi Laurent!

I agree completely - the best videos are those with comments. Problem is, I have an old camera that doesnt have a microphone. So the music is just there for added entertainment. Im hoping santa will bring me a classy video camera for xmas, and then i promise all vids will be better quality and with comments/explanations/theoretical musings.

Music works here in Moscow - i think the russians couldnt care less about copyright laws. Hooray! Open source music

Leave a comment:

• wetissues
    replied
    Captret exciter?

The captret exciter does not really seem as what it is (I think). The cap is a saftey device and is either not connected or connected to a terminal. Even DC goes along with the AV plug, I had tested it with my laptop charger and it works! So this captret invention is not an inverter. A capacitor stores current and there is some sort of ambient current to light up something else. It is obious that an LED will light up with a run-down 9 volt cell on an AV plug. Try it! Get a power source at about 5 volts and hook up an AV plug, negative to cathode of LED and positive to anode of LED... it works a treat! So I think that this is just a bare-bones, basic circuit.

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    @ Dr Stiffler

of course i have read your very good paper on ESEG where i learned the AV plug across the cap to ground. And probably lot more with all the different experiments included . Thanks

I will probably make a drawing of how i understand your suggestion on the battery across the cap and the filter to the exciter, but tonight is not the right time.

I have printed the documentation and as i am still in the learning process ,i will reread it to be more accurate on the subject,

Thanks for your input

@ Totoalas

hyep man , contrary to the Joulethief circuit, be very carefull with the Slayer exciter the free L2 coil can be very activ and make strong and burning plasma arcing. Especially when you go above 12 volts ) Just for info, with the JT circuit i can move the pancake coil with my fingers without any problem . But with the Slayer exciter if you try to grab the pancake coil, you will surely learn to sing very high

but anyway in my language "qui ne risque rien , n'a rien"

good luck at all

Laurent

Leave a comment:

• woopy
    replied
    Hi Seth

oouupps

just to inform you that your video has been blocked for music reason.

I dont know why, it seems to be a Sonny copyright.

As for me, i think that music is not absolutely necessary in our research and i would prefer some explaining comments.

But i know that it is not so easy to do. So if you prefer music , try to choose copyright free, so you will not be blocked.

But anyway thanks for sharing your work

And good luck at all.

Laurent

Leave a comment:

• totoalas
    replied
    Coo Power

Originally posted by woopy View Post
    hih all

just my 2 cents

YouTube - fantastic mixture of great idea .wmv

good night

Laurent
    Hi Woopy

2 cents more and youll be a King lol
    Fantastic idea
    Power Light Fan
    How about using pan cake only to connect L1 output to cap ground???
    or another pancake L3 to the cap?????
    My pan cake is a wild plasma
    Cannot touch or hold and puts a burn mark on anything conductive such as cd top and plastic lamp diffuser and burn s its own coil if the wire is loose
    I think i will put a varnish to insulate and fix the loose end touching the coil

cheers
    totoalas

Leave a comment:

• Jiffycoil
    replied
    Hey Seth,
    Glad your move is over. (Are they really ever over, unpacking blah blah) I will give that a try. I have 2 Captret experiments that have been going for three days now. Hmmmm very interesting circuit. I'll post soon.

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    Hi guys!

Sorry for the double post, but i thought you guys would be interested - this exciter can work on very low inputs. A captret (see other thread) is running these LEDs and CFL wirelessly on 10V @ 10 mA and less.

YouTube - exciter on captret

Doesnt last long with my battery unfortunately, but fun nonetheless.

PS sorry for not being on here recently - had a really stressful move. Im high up now on the 5th floor. Looks very interesting what you're all doing here with various coils, but its gonna take me a few days to get to grips with it.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Last edited by seth; 11-12-2010, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X