No announcement yet.

Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was doing a few experiments around the house attaching LED boards to the center screw on switch plates while the exciter was energized. I noticed a sound in the shop and found that the Cockcroft Walton generator I had on the shelf above the energized coil was charging and discharging wirelessly. This little coil does some crazy things.

YouTube - Wireless capacitor charging and discharging

Comment

• The Jiffycoil "Switch Plate Screw" experiment

I replicated Jiffycoil's "Switch Plate Screw" experiment where the entire house ground circuit is energized and can be tested at any wall switch plate screw with an LED on a AV plug.
      The setup that I used was similar to what has been discussed earlier but I tried using a TIP42 (Radio Shack) PNP instead of a TIP31 NPN. Slayer showed us how to do this months ago. You just reverse the input leads and it works. On the remote pick up coil tower I attached an earth ground (metal stake in the ground outside the house) to the bottom end of the coil. The power source was a small 12v battery. I did not use a plugged into the wall power supply to ensure that the energy was not just back feeding into the ground circuit of the house.
      On another subject, I also tried an IRF730 Mosfet and was unsuccessful. I couldn't get it to oscillate so I think that the coil arrangement for a FET to work is important.

Here is a video of the experiment. Sorry about the mess and the darkness. I was in a rush to get this done before the wife got home and saw what I was doing to her house.

YouTube - Slayer Exciter--Jiffycoil replication.ASF

Lidmotor

Comment

• Hi Lid!

Great replication.

About the FETs - did you try on 1AA in an emergency charger?? I cant get my FETs to work on higher voltages. But perhaps it is the coil dimensions - im using 2 helical coils for L2, and i have 2 different coils which both work for L1. I tried using the pancake from my tesla coil, but without success. I dont know what xee and woopy are using.....??

OK - got my pancake working now. must have been badly tuned before. So pancakes and helicals work.
        Last edited by seth; 09-26-2010, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• HiYesterday i did an experiment with wireless energy transfer and ran my new one magnet no bearing bedini transformer motor which will run on 250uA wirelessly at about 1m using slayers exciter and my rectange reciever coil.
          I am pretty sure it will spin at a considerably further distance from the exciter and i will test this in some future experiments.
          I also found an unusual way of increasing the charge rate of the wireless capasitor.I first tried a top load consisting of the small metal tins that you have all seen me using but did not have much luck but that is due to the design of the pop bottle coil so i tried something different as my coil former is a plastic pop bottle and has a lot of plastic exposed at the top so i wrapped a croc lead around the top of the bottle,positioned just above the end of the windings and attached a long wire leading to an alu tray sitting on the floor.The output wire from L1 is left free.
          This increased the charge rate tremendously as can be seen in the vid of the experiment.Here is a vid of the experiment.Jonny

YouTube - Slayer exciter,Ground and wireless motor experiments

Comment

• Originally posted by seth View Post
            I dont know what xee and woopy are using.....??
            What seems to work best for me is to find a jar or glass that is slightly larger in diameter than the coil and then wrap turns around that to make a L2 coil that will slide over the L1 coil. That way the position of the L2 coil on L1 can be easily changed to find the best location.

Comment

• @ Seth
              I tried my IRF730 fet using the cell phone charger and other power sources from 1.5v all the way to a 12v SLA. It would draw a current but not oscillate. I have not given up and will try other coil arrangements.

@ Jonny
              That is great what you did with the tiny audio transformer. Radio Shack over here sells a similar one and I'll get one today and try it. I watched a bunch of Magneticist's videos and was very impressed with what he is doing with the transfomer idea on a Bedini style circuit. Lighting up an FL off a battery always gets my attention-- no matter how it is done.

Lidmotor
              Last edited by Lidmotor; 10-10-2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• Hi to all very good experimenters here

thanks to all to share your results good and not good. I think every body will find the solution to theire own problem by trying , trying and trying

For my set up the BUZ 11 is very good.

This afternoon i tried to charge a cap with the free end of a 4th coil.

So i made some turns of copper arround a plastic tube , big enough to surround my old conical test coil. So as you can perhaps see,( sorry for the bad pix quality) the L2 excites the L1 , the free end of which is connected to a L3 (some turns ) the free end of which is connected to nothing. The free end of L4 (up of the cone) is connected to nothing and the bottom wire of L4 is connected to a AV plug and a cap. The cap is a 450 volts and 22mfd and get charged very rapidly to more than 450 volt very easily so i decided to charghe the cap with neon bulbs. As i have only 3 of those neon i put them in serie, and they light at full brightness (see pix bottom right).

OK i think i can do much better with this FET and my setting (see all infos on the coil L1 and L2 some post earlier in this thread.

My very big 100 ohms resistor (probably 5 watt) become very hot when i go over 600ma current and about 8 volts, and the FET stays gently warm ??? any idea ?

Good night at all

Laurent
                Last edited by woopy; 01-26-2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Screen Recording Fun

Hi all...

I wanted to test some free screen recording software so I did a quick tutorial on a schematic design program I use called ExpressSCH.

The program is available at ExpressPCB.com.

The video is a quick run-though designing one of Slayer007's SEC circuits. I've yet to figure out the best way to create and post videos on youtube so the quality isn't the best.

ExpressSCH Tutorial Video

Take Care,
                  Mussle
                  Last edited by anonymussle; 09-27-2010, 05:17 AM. Reason: Missing information.

Comment

• Using the SEC acronym

@All

Gentleman! May I ask a favor of you all?

Would it be possible and acceptable for you to stop using the SEC designation with the work going on in this thread?

SEC is the acronym for 'Spatial Energy Coherence', the Theory covering the 'Coherence' of excess energy by stimulation of the 'Energy Lattice' in a special and precise manner using an UWB or Ultra-Wide Band oscillation.

SEC does not apply to any specific circuit design, although my Exciters are the only ones to my knowledge that demonstrate this ability.

Slayer exciters or solid state oscillators are not SEC Exciters.

I would very much appreciate it if you could leave the term out of your descriptions as it is creating a vast confusion on the many many posts going out and all the video's

Thank You for the consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrStiffler View Post
                      @All

Gentleman! May I ask a favor of you all?

Would it be possible and acceptable for you to stop using the SEC designation with the work going on in this thread?

SEC is the acronym for 'Spatial Energy Coherence', the Theory covering the 'Coherence' of excess energy by stimulation of the 'Energy Lattice' in a special and precise manner using an UWB or Ultra-Wide Band oscillation.

SEC does not apply to any specific circuit design, although my Exciters are the only ones to my knowledge that demonstrate this ability.

Slayer exciters or solid state oscillators are not SEC Exciters.

I would very much appreciate it if you could leave the term out of your descriptions as it is creating a vast confusion on the many many posts going out and all the video's

Thank You for the consideration.

No probs doc - i agree its a little confusing. I first came across a similar circuit to the slayer exciter on a russian video which called it a ''kacher'', and then i saw another calling it a brovin generator. I think Slayer exciter is the best name in recognition of slayers diligence.

Comment

• Sounds like we need a good name for this type of circuit.

Slayer Exciter, Solid State Oscillator, etc... Naturally people will want to use an acronym (SE or SSO)... Any ideas?

Mussle

Comment

• At Last - Plasma jet!!!!

Finally, thanks to a post by Woopy, i got my 12 V battery running on my FET without blowing it. I just used a 100 ohm resistor of greater watts (thanks for mentioning this Laurent!). Now my FET seems to run cool even on 12V....

Cant check out all the other great effects as the baby is sleeping upstairs which is also ''the lab''. Have to wait till tomorrow now.

But im gonna go to bed a happy chappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by seth View Post
                            No probs doc - i agree its a little confusing. I first came across a similar circuit to the slayer exciter on a russian video which called it a ''kacher'', and then i saw another calling it a brovin generator. I think Slayer exciter is the best name in recognition of slayers diligence.
                            I believe Dr. Stiffler used this same circuit years ago which he called it the Thompson? Thomas? oscillator - I'm not sure exactly but it is on his site.

I found it a bit confusing as well as I learned about it originally as the "kacher" from a Russian site. So in reality it's been tossed around a bit from it's origin, renamed and refitted. Don't know who gets the credit for it but it's an amazing little circuit. Only second to the Doc's SEC units though, a truly amazing piece of work !
                            ________
                            COACH PURSES
                            Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
                              I believe Dr. Stiffler used this same circuit years ago which he called it the Thompson? Thomas? oscillator - I'm not sure exactly but it is on his site.

I found it a bit confusing as well as I learned about it originally as the "kacher" from a Russian site. So in reality it's been tossed around a bit from it's origin, renamed and refitted. Don't know who gets the credit for it but it's an amazing little circuit. Only second to the Doc's SEC units though, a truly amazing piece of work !
                              @dragon

I need to set the record straight as your comment needs some clarification. I always want to give credit to whomever deserves it so where you stated I may have called it the 'Thomas Oscillator', this is not true. The Thomas Oscillator is a creation of Ben Thomas K4ZEP who has posted on this forum and many others. Ben worked off and on with me until we had a falling out (see I am hard to work with). Anyway Ben did some great research and is a superb technician. Okay that's that...

Comment

• All the credits should go to Nikola Tesla, Stanislav and Konstantin Avramenko. All our designs are more or less based on their inventions.

Visit the wireless energy transfer group or other similar groups in Yahoo. You would be surprised to learn how early this topic was discussed.

Comment

Working...
                                X