X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seth
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post

@Seth.Your Neon plasma spinner is both beautiful and ingenious Does the fact that you are using a neon have any effect on the plasma output.What i mean is do you get the same output if you just used wire or is the neon increasing output?Jonny
    Ive just tried with much heavier iron wire, and a bit of copper wire - both worked ok, but the neon is better mainly because of its small weight, and its good centre of balance. Its difficult to centre the iron wire so that spins with stability. But it still spins pretty fast and carrying much more weight.

Not yet convinced that the neon is adding anything.....but ill keep searching...

2 more vids - first with iron wire, the second shows how the neon plasma motor accelerates when the load (2 CFLs) are close to the motor, but decelarates when the load is held near L1.

YouTube - slayer exciter ion motor 3
    YouTube - slayer exciter ion motor 4
    Last edited by seth; 10-05-2010, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jiffycoil
    replied
    Wow so many people making great advances. Plasma, plasma jet (neon jets) too cool, energy chains, Italian noodle energy circuits and more. I've been out of the shop visiting with friends from out of town. I'm about to start on a new setup using 3 coils all driven individually yet each resonating slightly different than the other. I will post images and video soon. I also gotta play catch up with you guys again. I love this hobby.

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    @Lidmotor.HiYour new circuit looks really promising.It just goes to show that there are still plenty of exciter circuits which just need discovering
    Looking at your vid, a few ideas popped into my head and may be worth a try.I won't be able to try your circuit till the weekend but this is what i was thinking.
    As you are running your circuit on just two AA's and getting good exciter output and rotor speed,it may be possible to substitute one of the batterys for a cap and charge it via maggie,used as an induction coil or satellite gen.Probably have to be a small supercap.You only have to get 1,5v into the cap and you will have the 3v which you had with both batteries and if it does charge however slowly,the output of the exciter will increase expotentialy.You may have to have the 2nd battery in parallel with the cap until the rotor is up to speed and then switch it out and the exciter output could also be utilised to charge the cap.
    Also is there any signs of plasma at higher voltages?I am wondering if your Joulini acts liked my Bedini exciter as it probably runs at a lot lower frequency than Slayers exciter.It may be worth trying an inductor after your base resistors and a croc lead and alu tray or earth ground on the base.
    I can't wait to try your circuit out.Nice work.Jonny
    @Seth.Your Neon plasma spinner is both beautiful and ingenious Does the fact that you are using a neon have any effect on the plasma output.What i mean is do you get the same output if you just used wire or is the neon increasing output?Jonny

Leave a comment:

• Lidmotor
    replied
    Joulini Exciter

@Jonny
    I hooked up the Slayer Exciter into a Joule Thief type pulse motor circuit and came up with a working circuit like your Bedini Exciter. I call it the "Joulini Exciter". It is pretty simple but a little hard to tune and get everything working together. It will work either soild state or while driving the pulse motor.
    Here it is:

YouTube - Joulini Exciter.ASF

Lidmotor

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    Hi Xee!

Ive got 3 neons now which makes 6 thrusters - heres a still pic in daylight as well as 1 in the dark. Seems to work faster with 3 than with 1 neon. I had to up the voltage to to get all 6 with plasma jets - now im using the transformer from my old printer - 220V input/16V output (multimetres measures just over 15V at 1A when in use) - going very very very fast now!!!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    @ Seth

It looks like it is going very fast. Good work. How about a still photo to show what it looks like in daylight?

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    Well Done Jonny!

An impressive array of electrical curiosities running off the same input.

Im picking up speed with my ion motor by placing my toroid as close as possible to the plasma discharge.

YouTube - slayer exciter ion motor 2

Leave a comment:

• jonnydavro
    replied
    Hi Folks .I made a quick vid today of some of my past projects and linked them together in an energy chain.The start of the chain is my Bedini exciter and it is interesting to see how the energy is moved from one circuit to the next and there are still more links to expand ie the bemf of the bedini and what ever we decide to connect to the satellite generators.
    The results are similar when a Slayer exciter is used as i don't think anyone has replicated my Bedini exciter yet.Here is the vid.Jonny.
    YouTube - Energy chain
    @Dr Stiffler.Thanks for taking the time to help us out.It is quite obvious to me that you have lived and breathed electronics for a large part of your life so any knowledge you can impart here is most welcome as most of us are hobbyists and although we get there in the end,sometimes a poke in the right direction is beneficial on both the mind and the pocketThanks.Jonny .

Leave a comment:

• digitz
    replied
    anony:
    make an earth battery with some old pieces of metal junk, its free, maybe less Amps than your solar cells, but free and ON 24h/day

Leave a comment:

• anonymussle
    replied
    Originally posted by xee2 View Post
    Thanks. That link works. I have not been doing much with the exciter this week. I have been busy with a lot of other things. I will try the IRF830 again this weekend. I noticed you hung your coil in the air. Was that to reduce coupling energy into near by objects?
    Geez... You're not the only one busy. There's so many ideas I've wanted to put into play but haven't had the time or resources to do any. I first got turned on to the SEC and Exciter circuits when I was exploring a way to generate a lot of light from low voltage circuits. i.e. the larger joule thief that powers a large number of LEDs. I was thinking maybe I could tap into the output light by using solar cells... But the cells I want to buy will cost me $100 for all of them. I think they're 1.5 volts at 200ma. But I'll need several of them. I've also been looking into creating a magnetic attraction motor with a "halbach array" stuck on the end of the attraction points. Might be a good idea but it's hard to do without the fund to buy the magnets.

Without funds I've had to spend a lot of time working and I've also been studying internet marketing tactics. I've been a web developer for quite a while but I've never figured out how to promote a website. So I'll be into that and a number of other things until I can create the time and money to really go forward with this stuff...

Mussle

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    I noticed you hung your coil in the air. Was that to reduce coupling energy into near by objects?
    I'm going to get a new camera for my birthday in 5 months......Clearly the one im using isnt good enough, and i cant even record sound - thats why you get a russian ska band instead!

My coil isnt hung in the air - my primary and secondary are just sitting on my desk in the normal position (secondary inside primary). My ion motor is hung in the air by a neo magnet which hangs on a thin screw attached under a croc clip.

Leave a comment:

• SkyWatcher
    replied
    Hi folks, I was trying to post an update to overunity.com @ joule thief thread and have got access denied too much traffic for the past couple of days, basically cant get access to the web site. Anyone else having this problem over there, jeanna or anyone here that checks out that site. Thanks.
    peace love light
    Tyson

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    Originally posted by seth View Post
    how you going with your exciter??
    Thanks. That link works. I have not been doing much with the exciter this week. I have been busy with a lot of other things. I will try the IRF830 again this weekend. I noticed you hung your coil in the air. Was that to reduce coupling energy into near by objects?

Leave a comment:

• seth
    replied
    @ Seth

Great work. Thanks for the details about what you are using. Still no luck here. I think there may be a problem with your last video upload, it seems to just be a black screen.
    Sorry to hear that your having problems xee - try this link

YouTube - MrFlathunter's Channel

Hope it works - how you going with your exciter?? | know you have the IRF 830 - do you have a resistor, pretty big, between 50 and 100 ohms?? should get plasma, it seems to me. I'd love to see another one....

Leave a comment:

• xee2
    replied
    @ Seth

Great work. Thanks for the details about what you are using. Still no luck here. I think there may be a problem with your last video upload, it seems to just be a black screen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X