Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Woopy
    Very nice job on your build and wonderful output too.

Comment

• I wonder why Tesla invented single wire tech , because he could replace the single wire with earth , i hope at least some one will show how far those circuit can send energy ...

He said he could hit earth like a hammer , sending waves ...

There is a part in the air , and one in the ground ...

Mark

Comment

• New Bifilar Pancake coil

This is the new coil. I used #23 and #26 AWG magnet wire. I wound this coil on a 1/2" white nylon tube purchased in the plumbing section of Home Depot. I used "Duck general purpose masking tape" .70 in x 55 yards bought at Wall mark .77 cents. I wound this on my homemade winding machine. I would 275 turns with the wire side by side. This gets a bit hard after around ten turns so you have to start crossing slightly side to side of the winding underneath. I ran this coil on the standard Bedini school girl circuit and with a 1/2 in neo mag sphere it is unreal and the voltage to charge is outstanding.

Bifilar Pancake Coil Front Side by jiffycoil, on Flickr

Bifilar Pancake Coil Front by jiffycoil, on Flickr

Thanks for all the support here . I really enjoy my times with all of you.

Comment

• Hi all,

Been rather busy of late.

Did anyone else notice that when woopy attempted to combine the coils
          vertivcally, he got very little output.

Does this seem familiar to the Steven Marks TPU that, would not work if
          it was inverted ??

Any thouhgts ??

Kindest Regards, Penno

p.s. still trying to compress video for upload to youtube

Comment

• Jiffy Puck

Late last night I wound a single wire pancake coil 275 turns 28 AWG magnet wire. The primary is a pancake coil 8 turns AWG 12 stranded wire copper wire. The Slayer Exciter is a TIP41A and a 1K ohm resistor. The output is very good. I will post results soon.

Jiffy Puck 1 by jiffycoil, on Flickr

Jiffy Puck 2 by jiffycoil, on Flickr
            Last edited by Jiffycoil; 11-05-2010, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• Solid State Kapagen

Hi all,

Today I looked into the Kapagen device:
              http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...agen-only.html
              The Worldwide KAPAGEN successful replications

A very interesting device, which shows us how to tap the energy from a long coil oscillating at a higher harmonic, just like we have with an exciter (with separate tickler coil)....

It consists of an air core transformer with three windings, of which the two shorter windings are wound on top of the longer one, driven by a spark gap oscillator:

As you see in the picture, there are three coils that are driven into resonance, where the shorter coils are wound counter clock wise(CCW), and the longer coil is wound clockwise(CW).

Since the coil with 6 turns is the shortest one, that is the one where we have 1/4 lambda resonance, so if we would take the other short coil 3 x 6 = 18 turns, we would have 3/4 lambda over there. Now the 6 turn coil is a bit wider then the other one, so we would need a few more turns on the coil with the smaller diameter in order to get 3/4 lambda. For the long coil, we get 3 1/2 x 4 x 6 = 84 turns, which would be 1 1/2 lambda, so the terminals of the long coil would always be out of phase when the whole thing is in resonance.

So far, so good.

Of course, it should also be possible to build the same kind of resonator using an exciter circuit, which could look like this:

In this picture, the lower and upper coils are wound counter clock wise, wile the long coil is wound clockwise. The coils in the middle are the driving coils, which can be wound either way, as long as you wind them both in the same direction.

The trick here is in matching the resonance frequencies and the voltage / current hot spots of the standing wave you get in the coil. Because the upper and lower coils are wound counter clock wise, where the outer terminals are connected to the outer terminals of the long coil, you force a current node (so a voltage hot spot) at the outer terminals of the long coil, when it is in resonance.

However, you want to be able to draw current out of your coils, so you need to tap the power at a current hot spot (CHS), which is a 1/4 lambda along the way.

So, when the lower coil is n turns, which determines the 1/4 lambda wavelength and the corresponding resonance frequency, at the top of this coil, you have a current hot spot. At the other end, you would also get a current hot spot 1/4 lambda down the road, but if the long coil is an odd multiple of 1/2 lambda, then your current would be out of phase. So, you go yet another 1/2 lambda further and make the top coil 3/4 lambda.

Then you get an interesting situation. The current at the terminals of the upper (3/4) and lower (1/4) lamda coils are in phase, while there is a nice voltage across these terminals....

I think for use with an exciter oscillator, as shown in the picture, you can wind the whole thing with the same diameter coil wire. Since you wind the shorter coils on top of the long one, the diameter will be slightly bigger, so you may need a few more turns on the long coil.

I think it is important to place the driving/tickler coil such that the connection to the power supply is at a current hot spot. Since for every n turns we have a quarter lambda and the first current hot spot is at n turns above the bottom, the current hot spots will be at every 2n turns above this hot spot, so at every n + X*2n turns above the bottom turn of the long coil.

And finally, the long coil should be an odd number times the half wave resonance frequency, so 3,5,7,... times 2n turns. The longer, the more voltage, so the better.

Have fun if you try this!

Update: Naudin references some very interesting papers on the advantages of bifilar wound coils in terms of voltage gain:

Already this one is intriguing, it suggests that even with DC bifilar wound coils offer an advantage:
              Bifilar Electromagnet

He also refers to some very interesting papers by Oliver Nichelson:
              teslanichelson

http://home.comcast.net/~onichelson/VOLTGN.pdf
              [this] is a technical note showing that the equation for voltage gain will have to be modified for a special coil that may be related to Tesla's fuelless energy generator design. A regular coil and one of Tesla's design are measured and compared. Measurements show that the Tesla design is over 900% better in voltage gain than predicted by calculation.
              http://home.comcast.net/~onichelson/Thermodynamics2.pdf
              [this] was prepared for the 28th (1993) IECEC conference. It takes up Tesla's argument for a fuelless electric power generator that does not violate the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Though the device appears to supply power without fuel, it is not a perpetual motion machine. Tesla's explanation and a modern analysis is given of the device's operation. This paper presents a more satisfactory theory about the engineering aspects of the new generator than the 1991 IECEC paper.

http://home.comcast.net/~onichelson/Fuelless.pdf
              [this] was prepared for the 26th Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference in August 1991. The paper documents that Nikola Tesla claimed to have built an electrical power generator that would not consume fuel, where in his writings the description of such a device is found, the theory of how a fuelless generator could be possible, and a suggestion as to how Tesla's new device might have operated. The paper moves from historical fact, the claims for such a generator in a letter hand written by Tesla, to speculation about the operating principles of the inventions. At the time of writing the paper, the historical material was certain, but the engineering explanation of how the new type of generator worked was speculation.
              Update 2:
              Tesla explains the difference between ordinary wound coils and bifilar wound ones in one of his patents:
              www.Magnetricity.com ...

In this Patent, Nikola Tesla tells us that ...

• A standard solenoidal-wound coil of 1000 turns with a potential of 100 volts across it will have a difference of 0.1 volt between turns.

• A BIFILAR-wound coil of the same number of turns will have a potential of 50 volts between turns.

In that the stored energy is a function of the square of the voltages, the energy in the BIFILAR Coil will be ...

50 squared / .1 squared = 2500 / .01 = 250,000 times greater than the standard coil
              In Tesla's own words:
              I have found that in every coil there exists a certain relation between its self-induction and capacity that permits a current of given frequency and potential to pass through it with no other opposition than that of ohmic resistance, or, in other words, as though it possessed no self-induction. This is due to the mutual relations existing between the special character of the current and the self-induction and capacity of the coil, the latter quantity being just capable of neutralizing the self-induction for that frequency. It is well-known that the higher the frequency or potential difference of the current the smaller the capacity required to counteract the self-induction; hence, in any coil, however small the capacity, it may be sufficient for the purpose stated if the proper conditions in other respects be secured. In the ordinary coils the difference of potential between adjacent turns or spires is very small, so that while they are in a sense condensers, they possess but very small capacity and the relations between the two quantities, self-induction and capacity, are not such as under any ordinary conditions satisfy the requirements herein contemplated, because the capacity relatively to the self-induction is very small.

In order to attain my object and to properly increase the capacity of any given coil, I wind it in such way as to secure a greater difference of potential between its adjacent turns or convolutions, and since the energy stored in the coil considering - the latter as a condenser, is proportionate to the square of the potential difference between its adjacent convolutions, it is evident that I may in this way secure by a proper disposition of these convolutions a greatly increased capacity for a given increase in potential difference between the turns.
              The principle is that there is a certain parasite capacitance between coil windings, which stores a certain amount of energy. By winding the coil bifilar, you get substantial bigger voltage differences between adjacent windings and therefore more energy is being stored in these parasite/self capacitances. Since the energy stored in a capacitor equals 1/2 C V^2 ( Energy Stored on a Capacitor ), this is a significant difference in the amount of energy that is being stored in the coils self capacitance. And since in resonance, this energy is being flipped back and forth between the capacitance (voltage) and the inductance (current, magnetic component) you get significantly stronger oscillations in there.

Update 3: Oliver Nichelson's experiment suggest this only applies at the 1/2 lambda resonance frequency, cause if 19,1 MHz is the 3/4 lambda resonance frequency, we would get the 1/2 lambda at 19,1 * 2/3 = 12.73 MHz, which appears to match:

teslanichelson

Full scale image: http://sites.google.com/site/teslanichelson/Helix.jpg

Update 4:

And this gives an interesting link to Meyer's later coils, which were.... bifilar wound:

Article:Free Electric Energy in Theory and Practice - PESWiki

Update 6:

What is interesting is to compare Tesla's bifilar wound coil from his patent with the top/bottom coils in the Kapagen device. As you can see, Tesla connected them in series, in order to get the voltage difference, while in the Kapagen device they are wound CW/CCW. So, with Tesla's coil, the voltage difference between adjacent windings is distributed across the coil, while with the Kapagen device, this increases from top (connected part) to bottom. Given that with the Kapagen device, we have different length short coils at the top and the bottom, this suggests that you probably may use this principle also at higher harmonics with the Kapagen way of winding and still get this voltage gain effect. You see, with Tesla's way of winding, you only get the situation that the magnetic field caused by the currents trough each half of the coil cancel each other out at the half wave resonance frequeny (over the whole coil), while with Kapagen's, they seem to always(?) cancel one another out, or at least at more than one higher harmonic.

So, it seems that with Kapagen's way of winding, you can create a pure (longitudinal, "pressure-like") electric oscillation across the coil windings, without creating a magnetic field....

Update 7: Some further analysis and re-thinking about a solid-state Kapanagen device here:
              http://www.energeticforum.com/146489-post1921.html
              Last edited by lamare; 07-04-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• hi all

Today i made a reflection of what is going on.

After testing Slayer . Joule thief. Stingo, and
                Bedini, and having tested a lot of pancake solutions (see pix 1), i noticede that the results are normally and after some tuning in general very good, BUT

The trace on the scope is also in general of the same type,

I mean a strong and large voltage spike (green) but followed buy a long spreaded low voltage (red) almost
                unused energy.

This can explain why in my previous video , when i invert the coils the coupling "seems to be very weak in term of voltage ( remember only one single dimly lit led in the middle of the ramp) which means that there is low voltage unable to light the ramp but probaly with more amps.

but this power is really there and probably completely lost.

And when i connect my 60 ramps of leds directly to the power suply the wattage for my subjective point of wiew is about similar to the wattage of the JT coupling, i do suppose that if we can find a mean to add the negative part of the scope trace to the positive we will be really on the good way to...

good night at all

Laurent
                Last edited by woopy; 01-26-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                  This can explain why in my previous video , when i invert the coils the coupling "seems to be very weak in term of voltage ( remember only one single dimly lit led in the middle of the ramp) which means that there is low voltage unable to light the ramp but probaly with more amps.
                  Turning one coil over reverses the phase of the signal coming out of the coil. This is like reversing the leads on the L2 coil (same effect). The circuits will not oscillate unless the feedback has the proper phase.

Comment

• Jiffy Puck powered by the Slayer Exciter

This is the Puck in action.

YouTube - Jiffy Puck Powered by the Slayer Exciter

Thank you everyone for the inspiration to build these things.

Comment

• Slayer Exciter Pancake Coil replication

I replicated Jiffycoil's pancake coil excited by the slayer:

YouTube - Pancake coil slayer exciter

My scope, which probably doesn't sample fast enough, says the coil is oscillating at 305kHz.

When I took measurements on the transistor, I discovered it was firing at 58kHz.

YouTube - Slayer pancake transistor measurements

Thank you Jiffycoil for the inspiration to wind a pancake coil. I need to build a coil winder and wind a bunch more pancake coils. I wound this coil by hand, which was hard work and the turns are messy.
                      Last edited by 7imix; 11-05-2010, 08:52 AM. Reason: Linked the first video twice accidentally

Comment

• @7imix
                        Wow I'm honored to have you guys building these. I noticed in the video that you dialed in a wave form right near the end of the the clip. I saw the same wave form tonight on my scope. Any idea what it shows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jiffycoil View Post
                          @7imix
                          Wow I'm honored to have you guys building these. I noticed in the video that you dialed in a wave form right near the end of the the clip. I saw the same wave form tonight on my scope. Any idea what it shows?
                          It's an extremely high frequency sin wave, I think. I believe it is higher frequency than my scope, which is only a megahertz. What frequency does your scope sample? I would be interested in seeing video of the waveform you are talking about. Thanks!

Comment

• Amazing work being done on this thread

@Jiffycoil
                            I have to make one of those puck coils now. I like the "squeezer" disks to make the coil thinner. I talked to my green guy about being too fat and I just got a blank stare. I finally put my foot down (literally) and forced the issue. I wound a flat spiral primary coil like you and Woopy did and got similar results. There are many great videos on how to make these pancake coils. The most exotic ones that I have seen were built by Tecstatic (Eric) when he was working on the SEC exciter. He etched them on printed circuit boards. Beautiful work and he expains how to do it over at Dr. Stiffler's thread.

@Lamare
                            I have studdied what you have presented here and many thanks for the information. You have inspired me to learn more about what we are doing here rather than just go off wildly building things. Often I stare at something that I build and ask myself, "Why is it doing that". The answer is usually found through research on the web if I take the time to dig for it.

@7mix
                            I really like your little hand held scope. The frequencies that are generated by these exciters are compound and run out into the MHz range. My computer O scope has a spectrum analyser function that lets me look at them and it is a real party going on. It is a storm of many waves with "freak" waves forming at certain frequencies. At those frequencies the waves pile up on top of one another (I guess) and you get these monster spikes of energy.

@ Jonny and Slayer
                            Many thanks for all stuff you have given us here. This is alot of fun.

Lidmotor
                            Last edited by Lidmotor; 11-06-2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Very impressive downsized the coils looks like a doughnut to me

Are the leds in series

@250 ma if battery operated wiil deplete fast the battery charge

Have u tried on cfls or fl lamps

I would like to start on my 50 pcs table lamps, flash lights i collected from a junk shop and and your design fits on this using 9 v sq battery (300 pcs)

Hope you can try on an sla battery 7 ah and the duration

Sorry for the too many questions but

I Like your style a the song says

cheers

totoalas

Originally posted by Jiffycoil View Post
                              This is the Puck in action.

YouTube - Jiffy Puck Powered by the Slayer Exciter

Thank you everyone for the inspiration to build these things.

Comment

• Transformer / Exciter circuit with Kapagen coil

Hi all,

This idea of bifilar wound coils by Tesla, which appears to have been taken a step further in the Kapagen device appears to offer interesting possibilities.

If indeed you can create pure electric, longitudinal oscillations without magnetic fields in coils which are wound in opposit directions on top of one another and indeed this gives a voltage gain, then it is probably possible to make an amplifying transformer like this:

All coils are wound on a single air core, as are the other exciter circuits.

Around L1 and L2, you have a pretty standard exciter circuit, which determines the oscillation frequency. For a typical exciter, n would be 12 or so.

Because we want L4 and L5 to be resonating in phase and we get a 180 degree phase shift across L1 and L2, we add another normal wound coil on top of L1 and L2, with 2n turns, so we get a full wave across L1, L2 and L3. So, the upper terminal of L1 will be in phase with the lower terminal of L3. We drive each of the counter-wound coils from one of these.

So, we get a normal EM oscillator across L1-L3, which is both connected and capacitively(!) coupled to the counter wound coils and thus drives these into resonance at a higher harmonic of the longer coils.

Since the counter wound coils are supposed to cancel the magnetic component, we want a voltage hot spot at both ends of the coil, so we want it to have a length of multiples of a half wave, so X * 2n turns. However, the coil on top has a slightly bigger diameter, so you may need a couple of turns more on the one on top. (unless you really wind them bifilar, but then you probably need some extra turns, given the picture I posted before: http://sites.google.com/site/teslanichelson/Helix.jpg - oops, that won't do when you want one CW and the other CCW )

Now if this works as expected, we get a significant voltage gain across these counter wound coils. This comes with a price attached, though, cause these coils cancel out the magnetic field and therefore cannot give you much current. (update: hmm, this may not be intirely true, cause even though the magnetic fields cancel, you can still have currents, given the Kapagen device. It's probably more that no energy gets "stored"/"lost" in creating a magnetic field that you don't really need when you have an electric field to drive your charge carriers and thus give you a current.)

So, at the opposite side of the transformer, we do the same thing as with the driving coils, so one coil with n turns and one with 3n turns, so we end up with a current hot spot between L6 and L7, which are normally wound and should therefore be capable of delivering current.

As for the load, I think this can be either a resistive load, or a capacitor with a rectifier bridge, which can deliver DC.

Of course, I haven't built this (yet) - just got the idea this afternoon -, so it may or may not work. If it does, great. Then I'm glad this cannot be patented anymore, cause it's public knowledge. If it doesn't, well, too bad, nice try.

So, YMMV, and whatever you may want do with this is fine with me. Just make sure to have fun doing it!

-- Arend --

To avoid confusion: all coils are single-layer wound, tightly next to one another (on top of one another) in the order shown except the ones shown next to one another in the picture. So, only L4 and L5 are Kapagen wound, so to speak.

Update: I updated the picture and renamed the upper coils. Adapted the text accordingly. The source drawing (LTSpice) can be found here: http://www.tuks.nl/Spice/Electric_TF.asc
                                Last edited by lamare; 11-06-2010, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X