Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
    @ Redrichie

Thank you for sharing your results.It sounds like your getting very good results.

JonnyDavro made a video awhile back were he was lighting a small plasma globe with his exciter.

@all

In this video I replaced the 50v 22000 uf capacitor with a 2.5v 20 F capacitor.And I have the Exciter running off a rechargeable AA battery.
    Lighting the 39 led's and a small 6w FL tube.

YouTube - Slayer Exciter 20F cap.
    24 Hours operation with charging as well
    thats great
    Now time to replicate and use this in our christmas dawn mass that usually starts at 12 am in the Philippines
    Thanks for the early xmas toy ot only for the young ones
    Merry Xmas Slayer

Comment

• Xmaslayer Light

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
      @ Redrichie

Thank you for sharing your results.It sounds like your getting very good results.

JonnyDavro made a video awhile back were he was lighting a small plasma globe with his exciter.

@all

In this video I replaced the 50v 22000 uf capacitor with a 2.5v 20 F capacitor.And I have the Exciter running off a rechargeable AA battery.
      Lighting the 39 led's and a small 6w FL tube.

YouTube - Slayer Exciter 20F cap.
      24 Hours operation with charging as well
      thats great
      Now time to replicate and use this in our christmas dawn mass that usually starts at 12 am in the Philippines
      Thanks for the early xmas toy ot only for the young ones
      Merry Xmas Slayer
      Cheers

totoalas

Comment

• 1st post...newbiesh

Great thread, great work by all
        An idea that may/may not help.
        The tesla coils would be radiating high voltage 360deg?, would a parabola or some shape behind the transmitting coil to direct the hv towards the recieving coil, like a directional antenna. I kinda see the transmitting coil like a driven dipole...that needs directors/reflectors or a shape to concentrate it.
        Would be good to know what the transmit looks like on a speccy
        Just a thought...dont flame the newbie...just ignore
        most humbling watching some of the youtube exploits, great stuff

Dennis
        1+1 <> 2

Comment

• Hi guys!
          I bought 5 MJE 13007's today - is this the same transistor as the MJE 1307, or completely different??? I'll try it on both the exciter and Xee2's flyback powered jacobs ladder anyway - im yet to succeed with a jacobs ladder and i want one!

Well done slayer!!! I might have to get myself a super cap also

Good luck to everyone and thanks for sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by seth View Post
            Hi guys!
            I bought 5 MJE 13007's today - is this the same transistor as the MJE 1307, or completely different??? I'll try it on both the exciter and Xee2's flyback powered jacobs ladder anyway - im yet to succeed with a jacobs ladder and i want one!

Well done slayer!!! I might have to get myself a super cap also

Good luck to everyone and thanks for sharing
            @ Seth

Sorry. The correct part number is MJE13007. I have a bad habit of leaving off one of the zeros. So you bought the correct part.

Comment

• Originally posted by xee2 View Post
              @ Seth

Sorry. The correct part number is MJE13007. I have a bad habit of leaving off one of the zeros. So you bought the correct part.
              Hey Xee - dont be sorry. I bought the right part....and i bought five of them Im literally hours away from a jacobs ladder.

Couple that to the fact that my wife's contractions have started, which means she'll be in the maternity hospital all next week, which means ill have days of fun with a jacobs ladder, which means there'll be a party here tomorrow night, which means i may have a son in the next few days....

ONE VERY HAPPY SETH

Comment

• @ Seth

Congratulations.

When you work out the pin numbers for your flyback, L1 is the lowest resistance coil.

Comment

• @Seth
                  Wow Seth congratulations. Keep us posted.

@Xee2
                  I need to build this one being that it's so simple and yet so effective. I hooked up my ZVS flyback driver to a 9v battery and got a nice arc. Silly I never thought about using a battery. I was also surprised that the battery would power the driver being that it's so much more "Beefy" Thanks for posting this I learn something from you and the others so often.

Comment

• hi all
                    i made this thread few days ago so i didn't bother anyone elses thread..
                    i like to make circuits that are very efficient.. under 1 amp
                    just like xee2 said you won't need a heatsink even on 12 volts..

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tion-coil.html

robbie

Comment

• @ Jiffy and Xee - Thanks for the congrats! The missus contractions have stopped, so it looks like i'll have to wait a bit longer - babies, like a lot of the devices here, can be quite unpredictable.

@ Kooler - Great to see you here!!!! I love the circuits you're playing with and would love to see more of them.

Guys. Ive got my flyback wired up like in xee's schematic. Im using an IN 4148 diode instead, and a capacitor @0.1 microfarad. But im not getting any big sparks. I must be doing something wrong. The circuit draws half an amp, and i can here a funny noise from the flyback so somethings going on inside. My 1-2 pins measure 1.6 ohms and my 9-10 pins read 0.8 ohms. Ive tried swapping polarities and ive tried the 5-7 pins (which also read 0.8 ohms) instead of 9-10 pins. But still no cigar.......grrrrrrrrrrr I will keep trying as i can feel that im close.

Any tips welcome!

By the way, im using a 12V lead battery.
                      Last edited by seth; 11-26-2010, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Progress report:

The flyback is whistling various high pitched sounds, and i can vary the pitch with different resistors. But still no sparks!!!!!

Comment

• Ok - its working now, but i cant get more than 2mm sparks. still whistling loudly.

My pins are very different from yours Xee. And i havent had success with the little cap (perhaps 0.1 microF is too much). Im using anywhere between 200 ohms and 50K resistance. lower seems better. the diode works and changes the pitch if its coming straight out of battery negative.

My output pin is number 8. 7/9, 5/9, and 3/6 all work as L1. L2 always works at 1/2. Perhaps im doing something wrong?

Sorry if people on this thread think this is irrelevant to joule thief/exciter variants (though it seems quite similar) - ill happily start a new thread if anybody objects.

Comment

• Sorry for the bad lighting.But I wanted to make sure you could see the dimley lit indicator light on the second exciter.

Even under load the exciter had enought power to dimley light the led on the second exciter running @ 1.3v using 120 uA.

YouTube - Slayer Exciter Running on Low Current.

Sorry agine after uploading the video it's even harder see.
                            I'll have to make another video with better lighting.

Comment

• @Seth.Feel free to post your flyback experiments here as I have and you will probably find that there is some wireless action so it is not off topic and ties in nicely.
                              Xee had a really neat joulethief like circuit which worked really nice off a 1.5v battery and that is a handy circuit to quickly see if you have a decent flyback as some are better than others.
                              Congrats to you and your wife also on the up coming birth of your son Jonny
                              @Slayer.Your Low voltage setup is the best I have seen to date and the output and run times are amazing for a AA battery.Nice work.Jonny.
                              Last edited by jonnydavro; 11-26-2010, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Jonny.

Sorry for the last video.
                                This one the lighting is a little better.

The exciter is running off a AA rechargeable battery using 50 to 120 uA.

YouTube - Slayer Exciter Running on Low Current 2

Comment

Working...
                                X