Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer Exciter using PNP transistor

@ Slayer
    I tried a PNP 2N3906 on the circuit and it worked great. This is just like what you did on the SEC 15 ---just switch the input leads and run the circuit backwards.
    I looked at it on the scope today and mine runs at about 5 MHz and has a pure sine wave form.
    Here is a video of the thing running on a cell phone charger and lighting up FLs:
    YouTube - Slayer Exciter using one PNP 3906 transistor.ASF

Cheers,

Lidmotor

PS---Jonny it might be a good idea to put this circuit up front where people could find and then reference it to the page where Slayer started presenting it and all these replications are.

Comment

• GBluer Grounded Exciter Circuit

This is an update on my post 263
      Remove the ferrite rod since it only absorb the energy from the coil when fine tuning the fluoro tube must be near the rod to light up bright ly
      Tested with welding rod energy again absorbed
      Used only L1 and L2
      L1 coils touching both sides of the aluminum pan
      one 8 W lamp bightly lit up beside L1
      3 sets of LEDs
      1 Led (6 in series)) on top of L1
      7 LEDs in seies ( each 6 in parallel)
      connected to 4 LEDs in series ( 10 each in parallel) and not touching L1
      The LEDs and cellphone charger are placed inside the pan
      Current draw .05 Amperes with recharged(1 hour) Alkaline battery.
      Hope this help

Comment

• Grounded Gbluer Exciter Circuit

Attached is the picture of my set up from my post 263 and 272

thanks to all
        Attached Files

Comment

• Great Video's Lidmotor and Jonny.
          @Totoalas it looks like your having very good results also.

In this video I'm using a pancake coil for L2.
          The performance with the pancake coil is very close to my last video.
          But it's using about half the current as my last video going by the led indicator light.
          And I'm also charging ten other AA batteries while it's running.

Here is the video.
          YouTube - Exiter Using Pancake Coil For L2

Comment

• The video doesn't work for me. Others do so I don't think it's a problem on my end.

Edit: I went back later in the day and it worked fine.
            Last edited by sodpa; 02-18-2010, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• videos, heating, charging, ....

I had no technical problems watching slayer's latest video and it is well worth watching.
              Especially the charging of the battery pack. Wonder how they are connected to the circuit?

I have presently connected a 12 V 45 Ah car battery in place of slayer's cap (between the collector and the "+" side of the circuit) so that it should get charged by the BEMF. Will let you know how this works out.

I also have connected a piece of aluminum pipe to the open end of the long coil (L1) as an "antenna" and this noticeably extends the field. I use a piece of thin wall aluminum exhaust pipe of diameter approx. 6 cm (2.5") , originally used for gas heaters where I live
              However, I think the bigger one chooses this "antenna", the more it "loads" the transistor, so the the transistor heating problem comes up.

My N2222s are from STMicroelectronics and come in silver metal casings type TO-18. I have heating problems.
              The same transistors also are produced with black TO-92 enclosure. Do these present less of a heating problem?

In case anyone working on this circuit has the possibility to make a video but does not have a youtube account and does not want to create one, I want to offer you to upload your video to my account.
              Please PM me, I will send you my login details for youtube so you can upload your video.

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
              ....Do you think its a good idea if i move all the circuit diagrams to the first post on the first page so people can find them easier?
              I think that is a good idea.
              BTW, jonny, the single wire connection of your "free L2" to a diode bridge, as featured in your video YouTube - slayer sec experiments is nothing else than an AV plug. No?
              The points between which you measure the voltage represent the anode and cathode tips of the AV-plug (i.e. its branches) and the coil represents the "tree-trunk", i.e. where the two diodes of the AV-plug meet. Am I wrong?
              Last edited by marxist; 02-17-2010, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• posted a video

Hello every one

just wanted to show you a small video of my Slayer007 sec replication in action. The two lights used were an 8 and 18 watt.

YouTube - 100_0512.MOV

Comment

• Originally posted by marxist View Post

BTW, jonny, the single wire connection of your "free L2" to a diode bridge, as featured in your video YouTube - slayer sec experiments is nothing else than an AV plug. Am I wrong?
                  @Marxist.Hi A bridge rectifier used with just one leg is a ready made,quick and easy AV plug and as we are not dealing with induction,the "pickup coil" may be just as effective with one turn or 10 and maybe we could use more pickup coils.I will test that.Jonny
                  @Serfer5.Great vid and results and your field is really strong on a 12v gell cell.Nice.jonny.
                  Last edited by jonnydavro; 02-17-2010, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• @ Marxist the circuit I posted on the other page is the circut I'm using to charge the batteries.
                    I have a diode comming off the positive side of the capacitor going to the batteries.
                    The capacitor is used to help bring the current up to charge the batteries.
                    The BEMF doesn't have big spike.But it will fill the capacitor to 14.5 v as soon as it's turned on.
                    Using the BEMF also makes this circuit run more efficient.

@ Serfer5 Great video.
                    It looks like you have a very strong field around the Exiter.

@All In my last video the setup ran for 4.5 hours.
                    And charged the batteries up to 13.35 after resting they went down to 13v.

Comment

• pleez ground AV-plug and measure again

Hi slayer007,
                      thanks for the info about the charging circuit. As I mentioned, I am currently charging a lead acid battery directly in place of the cap.
                      It seems to work for me, so far, but surely my circuit is not properly tuned for max. fieldstrength which might result in higher BEMF spikes, as the energy has to go somewhere, no?
                      That would also explain my hot transistor.

Hi jonnydavro,
                      again regarding your pickup coil from your video YouTube - slayer sec experiments
                      showing the voltage between the branches of the AV-plug/rectifier.
                      Could you please make an additional measurement on that setup or on a similar one?
                      If you ground one side of the AV-plug, lets say the cathode side, and you again measure the voltage between the two branches of the AV-plug, I bet you will measure a higher value than without the grounding.
                      I tried it and It would be great if you could confirm that.

PS and if you measure the current between the points in question across a resistor, you will also measure a stronger current when one branch is grounded. Wonder if you and the other guys can verify that effect.
                      Last edited by marxist; 02-17-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• thanks

@ slayer007 and jonnydavro
                        @ all

thank you for the replies to my video, feed back is always appreciated.
                        you might call it a brute force SEC at 12v 140ma, 180ma when the tube touches the sec. BTW i have a piece of aluminum foil between the two coils for the bright light when i touch the sec.

Comment

• Hi folks, hi serfer5, nice vid. I'm surprised you got the 3055 transistor to oscillate, i tried with the 2n3055 and it would not fire up, maybe it needs 12volts to do so, also is that transistor rated for such high frequencies.
                          peace love light
                          Tyson

Comment

• Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                            Hi folks, hi serfer5, nice vid. I'm surprised you got the 3055 transistor to oscillate, i tried with the 2n3055 and it would not fire up, maybe it needs 12volts to do so, also is that transistor rated for such high frequencies.
                            peace love light
                            Tyson
                            Hi skywatcher

i did try the 2n3055 with no luck, but i also had no luck with the tip3055 until i used the 12 volts. maybe a higher voltage is needed for the 2n3055. not sure on the frequency part.

Comment

• Hi folks, i'm using 2 - 2n3906 pnp's using 12 volts and i noticed that with tuning i could remove most of the heat from transistors and also noticed that it likes bigger flouro tubes, the one in my pic is a small one 8 inches long from a camping light and i just picked up a few larger tubes from the surplus shop that are 15 watt westinghouse 17 inches long, for 90 cents a piece and i can light the whole tube to maybe 1/4 brightness. but it is outputting much more light than the smaller tube since larger tube has more gas to convert to light.
                              peace love light
                              Tyson

Comment

• More fun with water

@ All

I got one of my little spinning top pulse motors to run off the energy coming out of the water glass.

YouTube - Slayer Exciter runs pulse motor out of water glass.ASF

Lidmotor

Comment

Working...
                                X