Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guy's and gals,

Does anyone have the SEC 18-1 circuit layout? I have some layouts from Dr.Stifflers site but the circuit does not look complete in the documentation. Specifically L1 and L2 inductance values and the placement of the tuning LED in the circuit.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Zooty View Post
      Hi guy's and gals,

Does anyone have the SEC 18-1 circuit layout? I have some layouts from Dr.Stifflers site but the circuit does not look complete in the documentation. Specifically L1 and L2 inductance values and the placement of the tuning LED in the circuit.

Thanks
      @Zooty

The 18-x diagrams are (c) and only supplied in the documentation to people who purchase a board. Distribution of this documentation to third parties is illegal.

Comment

• Sorry didn't realize

Would you consider selling the plans at a reduced cost for the DIY scientist?
        Last edited by Zooty; 04-13-2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• someone can help me with a doubt?

my exiter, that is a combination of various circuits, in one of the radiant energy capture (back EMF) im getting:

150V without load,

with one neon bulb loaded it shows 90V but dont draw any current.. and it light's up!

With a load of 3 Leds in parallel it shows 3,7V and draws 0,005A (5mA)

150V x 0,005A = 0,75W ?? (This is not correct right?) Its like fake voltage?

and i still have my output with another 150V without load, and drawing 0,5mA with load.

The consumption of my circuit is: 9V x 0.025A = 0,225W

can somebody explain me this? cause i dont get it!!

hugs

Last edited by juju; 04-14-2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by juju View Post
            my exiter, that is a combination of various circuits, in one of the radiant energy capture (back EMF) im getting:

150V without load,

with one neon bulb loaded it shows 90V but dont draw any current.. and it light's up!

With a load of 3 Leds in parallel it shows 3,7V and draws 0,005A (5mA)

150V x 0,005A = 0,75W ?? (This is not correct right?) Its like fake voltage?

and i still have my output with another 150V without load, and drawing 0,5mA with load.

The consumption of my circuit is: 9V x 0.025A = 0,225W

can somebody explain me this? cause i dont get it!!

hugs

the 150 volts is only a potential that will be "loaded down" when you put a load on the circuit. In this case, the 3 LED's are the load and so your calculation will be the voltage across the load 3.7 volts X 5ma = 0.0185 watts. The 3 LED's consume 5ma total and since they are in parallel, each led consumes 1.66 ma. hope this helps

Comment

• hmm

Originally posted by serfer5 View Post
              the 150 volts is only a potential that will be "loaded down" when you put a load on the circuit. In this case, the 3 LED's are the load and so your calculation will be the voltage across the load 3.7 volts X 5ma = 0.0185 watts. The 3 LED's consume 5ma total and since they are in parallel, each led consumes 1.66 ma. hope this helps
              but if it is a potential voltage, it is not real voltage? if i light a CFL with that will it work? i have to go buy one...

i do get shock when i touch the output.

i made some changes and now im drawing: 0,090mA x 5,5V = 0,49W

and im getting: 0,035mA x 3,7V = 0,13W (With a 14Led panel load)

and with a neon bulb load i get: 0,001mA x 80V = 0,08W

without load i still have the potential 150V.. 150V x 0,035mA = 5,25W... it was to good to be truth...

are this results in someway special, or is this completely normal? sorry im a newbie and experimenter in this stuff, dont know to much...

the truth is that with a sec exiter i never can output more than 1mA and in this case i get 35mA..

edit: forget it, i was confused, the 35mA are not in the output, but in the capture

big hugs

Last edited by juju; 04-15-2010, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Gave the fuji circuit a go and it appears to have SEC like effects as well:

YouTube - Fuji Camera Circuit Exciter
                Attached Files

Comment

• Hi.Here is a vid by boxa888on utube and he is transmitting wirelessly,20 feet through the ground and lighting fluorecents.
                  Whats interesting apart from the size of his coils is he is he is using tesla's wireless energy transmitter patent for the base for his experiments and transmitting through the earth.
                  Also he can light his fluorecent tubes outside the range of the near field from the "exciter coil"as the earth is acting as a wire.
                  Here is one of his vids which shows his coils and i am wondering how a slayer exciter would work with coils this size?Check his channal out for vids of these monsters in action.Jonny
                  YouTube - Wireless Transmission of Electrical Energy Tesla Magnifying Transmitter Colorado Springs Research 1
                  @Kazm.Thanks for doing the ambient avramenko plug experiment and going fullwave with the extra diodes was a great idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                    Hi.Here is a vid by boxa888on utube and he is transmitting wirelessly,20 feet through the ground and lighting fluorecents.
                    Whats interesting apart from the size of his coils is he is he is using tesla's wireless energy transmitter patent for the base for his experiments and transmitting through the earth.
                    Also he can light his fluorecent tubes outside the range of the near field from the "exciter coil"as the earth is acting as a wire.
                    Here is one of his vids which shows his coils and i am wondering how a slayer exciter would work with coils this size?Check his channal out for vids of these monsters in action.Jonny
                    YouTube - Wireless Transmission of Electrical Energy Tesla Magnifying Transmitter Colorado Springs Research 1
                    @Kazm.Thanks for doing the ambient avramenko plug experiment and going fullwave with the extra diodes was a great idea.
                    Nice vids Jonny but to run this size coil in Slayer SEC mode you might have to go up to 24 or 48 volts I think ........ but what an output and range that would be

Comment

• JT Motor/Exciter

@Jonny, Slayer, and All
                      I made a little pulse motor (kinda like a window motor) and got it to run on a Joule Thief circuit. What was an unexpected find was that the arrangement produced SEC effects. The effect was most noticeable when the motor was stopped and the circuit was just self-oscillating. I came right off the transistor collector into a Slayer L1 coil and then into a Dr. Stiffler SEC tower. No ferrite toroid and no caps. ONE AA BATTERY!
                      Here is a video of what I saw ------

YouTube - JT MOTOR.ASF

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                        @Jonny, Slayer, and All
                        I made a little pulse motor (kinda like a window motor) and got it to run on a Joule Thief circuit. What was an unexpected find was that the arrangement produced SEC effects. The effect was most noticeable when the motor was stopped and the circuit was just self-oscillating. I came right off the transistor collector into a Slayer L1 coil and then into a Dr. Stiffler SEC tower. No ferrite toroid and no caps. ONE AA BATTERY!
                        Here is a video of what I saw ------

YouTube - JT MOTOR.ASF

Cheers,

Lidmotor
                        That is impressive Lidmotor, Great video.
                        Have you tried it with a higher voltage yet?

Comment

• High powered JT Motor / Exciter ??

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
                          That is impressive Lidmotor, Great video.
                          Have you tried it with a higher voltage yet?
                          This little guy didn't like anything over 3 volts. It made the transistor hot. If I rewound the coils with finer wire and more turns that might solve that problem. Someone probably has the answer already. I tried this with a 2N2222, MPSA06, and a TIP3055. They all worked but the SEC effect is not as strong as with the other circuits. At least not yet.

Lidmotor
                          Last edited by Lidmotor; 05-04-2010, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• @Lidmotor.Great find .Its interesting how you are just using the Slayer L1 coil and getting the sec effect.Another thing you could try is use just the slayer L1 and L2 coils and connect the L2 between collector and emitter where the normal jt Led would go though you may have to use a diode.
                            I am working on something similar with a Bedini circuit and am getting good results with both the sec effect and the motor spinning and it will light a fluorecent so the show goes on I will try to make a vid and draw a circuit up on friday when i get some time off.Jonny
                            Last edited by jonnydavro; 05-04-2010, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Tiny "Thimble Motor" ---low power with SEC effects

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                              @Lidmotor.Great find .Its interesting how you are just using the Slayer L1 coil and getting the sec effect.Another thing you could try is use just the slayer L1 and L2 coils and connect the L2 between collector and emitter where the normal jt Led would go though you may have to use a diode.
                              I am working on something similar with a Bedini circuit and am getting good results with both the sec effect and the motor spinning and it will light a fluorecent so the show goes on I will try to make a vid and draw a circuit up on friday when i get some time off.Jonny
                              Jonny---I tried to hook up Slayer's exciter like you said but had no luck so I went another direction. I made a tiny window motor with fine wire and more turns to drop the power requirement to see if I could still get the SEC exciter effect. It still happened. I called the tiny motor a "Thimble" motor because it is about the same shape and size as a sewing thimble. I just used the same JT circuit on it. I got the amperage down to the 10 to 20 mA range at .5 to 1.5 volts.

@Slayer---
                              The main problem with this idea now is that I can't increase the source voltage without overdriving the circuit. I am doing something wrong.

Here is a video of my efforts today:

YouTube - Thimble Motor.ASF

Lidmotor
                              Last edited by Lidmotor; 05-05-2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Success with a JT / Slayer Exciter Combo

@ Jonny, Slayer, and ALL
                                I had success joining the the L1 & L2 coils of the Slayer Exciter with my latest Joule Thief Thimble Motor circuit. Jonny I hooked it up just like you said to (I don' know why it didn't work yesterday) only I added an additional 1N914 diode on the return leg of L2 into the negative rail. It works really well now with all the standard exciter effects. I do not know if this will work on all JT circuits not.
                                I came off the collector with a 1N914 into the inside of a 6 turn L2 pancake coil and the start of L1. The return on L2 goes back into the negative rail through another 1N914. Slide L2 up and down L1 for a sweet spot and adjust the pot on the transistor base for best effect. The output on L1 can go where ever you want it. The SEC effect is all over and extends out quite aways.

Jonny I am anxious to see how you hooked this up to a Bedini circuit. I imagine that it is in a similar way.

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Comment

Working...
                                X