No announcement yet.

Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my friend, i like to think that "fear" is the men worst enemy!

but thanks for the advice!

you can see on the video, that when i reach a low frequency it can reboot my pc!!

Originally posted by wings View Post
    just a warning

magnet + plasma = magnetron
    Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

• wonderfull discovery about the vacuum plasma, i dont know why but i allready was feelling that this was going to be a big surprise!!

thank you very much "the cell" for taking our doubts!

this is all thanks to you jonny, if thou wert not you, I probably never have started to attend the forum and begin this wonderfull trip on experiment and discovery!

eheh, i should start to sleep less, because i sleep to much!!

the lifter is on the way!

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
      @TheCell.Hi BobI think what you show in your vids is amazing as it shows the complete opposite of what was expected and now raises some interesting questions.
      It seems air is not being ionised and the plasma is created inside the wire and expelled at the tip and external air pressure acts as a valve inhibiting plasma flow so what is this plasma? an electron beam like Michael John Nunnerley says?

@Tantric.Hi Juju.I loved your last few vids and the transformer one was amazing.I have never seen anything like that and could be worth its own thread as i am sure plenty of people would want to try that.
      You have so many projects on the go i can't keep up.When do you sleep
      Can't wait to see your lifter.Jonny
      Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

• so, you r using a slayer exiter as the source of plasma?

can you give it a try with flyback transformer? it would be cool to see the effects on higher values!!

BOOM

Originally posted by TheCell View Post
        To all: Thanks...the results shocked me as well....I stayed on it until the wee hours of the morning seeing what else could be "found"...

If anyone can think of more tests to run please let me know and I will give it a try.

Thanks for all the input....

Bob Potchen
        Light, I Am!

Comment

• Plasma and Water

Plasma and water seem to like each other....

YouTube - Plasma In H2O

And I will try and locate a flyback transformer...

Bob
          Last edited by TheCell; 12-19-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

cool, plasma and water in love

check your pm's!

hug
            Light, I Am!

Comment

• Solar Powered Plasma Drive----Mars here we come!!

@All
              I got my Plasma drive to work off a solar panel. I did some research on this kind of space craft drive systems and they have been around for awhile. One is scheduled to be put on the space station soon to help control it's orbit.
              We might be the only people doing this kind of research on the "hobby" level.

Here is the video of what I just did:

YouTube - Solar powered Plasma Drive.ASF

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell View Post
                Plasma and water seem to like each other....

YouTube - Plasma In H2O

And I will try and locate a flyback transformer...

Bob Potchen
                Great experiment and video. BUT - if you have water in the vacuum chamber then it will boil off water molecules as the pressure is reduced, so there will never be a real vacuum in the chamber. If you try it without the water I suspect you will not get the plasma in the vacuum.

Comment

• Hi Lidmotor. Great experiment.I can't help but feel there is something different going on here after watching Bobs vacuum chamber vid and his confirmation that the wire moves in a vacuum.It seems that the plasma is not dependent on an ionising gas like the plasma and ion drives nasa and the russians have tested so from what i can see,you could put your solar plasma setup in orbit and it would move without fuel,just electricity to create the plasma.
                  What is yet to be determined is, is the wire being eroded to supply the ions?
                  This is getting really exciting and i am amazed at the ingenuity of the experimenters here.Great work everyone.Jonny.

Comment

• Hi all

fantastic thread here, thanks to every contributors

i made a small test this evening because i can not understand why every body . and myself ,can held a wire with the finger and get plasma arc or jet without beeing hurt.

because if you place a burning material in the plasma arc.... it burns !!

ANY EXPLANATION

Laurent

YouTube - plasma burning power

Comment

• Originally posted by xee2 View Post
                      Great experiment and video. BUT - if you have water in the vacuum chamber then it will boil off water molecules as the pressure is reduced, so there will never be a real vacuum in the chamber. If you try it without the water I suspect you will not get the plasma in the vacuum.
                      I totally agree with this, but I thought Bob only had water inside the container on the second, or was it third, video. Was there water present in the first video too? If so there is still plenty of gas present - water vapour and oxygen.

Bob can you confirm whether or not you had water present in that first video. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                        Hi all

i made a small test this evening because i can not understand why every body . and myself ,can held a wire with the finger and get plasma arc or jet without beeing hurt.

ANY EXPLANATION

Laurent

@ Woopy

At frequencies between 50 KHz and a few hundred KHZ the RF energy flows along the surface of your body (known as "skin effect") rather than through your body. Since it does not penetrate your body it does not do much damage. However, the plasma is highly energetic ions that are the same as the heat coming from a gas flame. When these energetic ions hit your body they transfer their heat energy to your body and you get burnt.
                        Last edited by xee2; 07-16-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                          Hi all

ANY EXPLANATION

Laurent

Firstly - superb thread. Well done to all of you.

Concerning your observation Laurent, a Tesla coil does exactly the same - the arc will burn paper, but hold a spanner in your hand and wave it close enough to the secondary to get arcing, and you wont feel any pain. It seems to me that what your playing with here is demonstrating the skin effect - the output is such high frequency that it doesnt penetrate far into the body and just shoots to the ground.

Heres a video of me doing exactly as described above

YouTube - skin effect

But i could be way off the mark - please educate me if its true!

Comment

• Originally posted by xee2 View Post
                            @ Woopy

At frequencies between 50 KHz and a few MHZ the RF energy flows along the surface of your body (known as "skin effect") rather than through your body. Since it does not penetrate your body it does not do much damage. However, the plasma is highly energetic ions that are the same as the heat coming from a gas flame. When these energetic ions hit your body they transfer their heat energy to your body and you get burnt.
                            Its nice to know that sometimes i know more than i think i know

Comment

• Originally posted by seth View Post
                              Firstly - superb thread. Well done to all of you.

Concerning your observation Laurent, a Tesla coil does exactly the same - the arc will burn paper, but hold a spanner in your hand and wave it close enough to the secondary to get arcing, and you wont feel any pain. It seems to me that what your playing with here is demonstrating the skin effect - the output is such high frequency that it doesnt penetrate far into the body and just shoots to the ground.

Heres a video of me doing exactly as described above

YouTube - skin effect

But i could be way off the mark - please educate me if its true!
                              I think you will find that a lot has to do with the very low currents these circuits operate at. Tesla coils generate extremely high voltages, but also exhibit extremely high impedance, which naturally limits the current to harmless microamps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farrah Day View Post
                                I think you will find that a lot has to do with the very low currents these circuits operate at. Tesla coils generate extremely high voltages, but also exhibit extremely high impedance, which naturally limits the current to harmless microamps.
                                Thanks for the answer, but it leads me to another question....

When I connect one end of my T.C secondary to 3 40W filament bulbs (and then to the earth ground) they all glow brightly. Is this possible from microamps? I thought very high voltage and little current was only capable of lighting CFLs, and NOT filaments. Isnt this true?

Cheers for your help

Comment

Working...
                                X