No announcement yet.

Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @totoalas.Hi.the uv-c tube was lit wirelessly from the slayer exciter with just a croc lead on one end to act as a virtual ground and draw the energy through the bulb.I will try your magnet idea.It also lights great directly off the output.
    The bug zapper circuit is very promising as I have tested it with a small 1" solar cell and also a clockwork generator which charges a supercap in minutes which runs the bug zapper for a long time.
    I modified the circuit just like a fuji circuit.I removed the cap and put a jumper across the rectifying diode to get AC and that was it.In the vid i had it running of a 1.5v battery which works pretty well but on 3v it is very bright so that means there is a lots of unseen uv light but make sure you take precautions with these germicidal tubes as uv light is not good for living things.
    I would like to get some uv-c Leds and try them with the slayer exciter and maybe with some of the trigger coil circuits and try and make a small form steriliser like in a pen.Hope this helps.Jonny

Comment

• Guess everyones watching the Superbowl

I posted this on the Joule Ringer thread:

Originally posted by FRC View Post
      Has anyone been able to light a CFL with less modification to the original Fuji AAA circuit ? I have been playing with the circuit, getting shocked numerous times. I want to leave the circuit intact, (until I can get another one at least) so I can use it for a cap pulse delay type application. The "Xenon flasher circuit" gave me the idea. Just do it backwards, bigger cap instead of smaller. Also, I have been trying to find Xee2's flyback circuit that Lidmotor refered to,
      (since I got a flyback out of an old computer monitor) can't seem to find it
      anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FRC
      Minor mods would be okay also. Thanks

FRC
      Last edited by FRC; 02-06-2011, 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Slayer UV @ 12 v 50 ma

Thanks Jonny

Low ma power supply will be the best

Im using a basic Slayer MPSA06 1 meg R and 12 v power supply

cheers

totoalas

[IMG][IMG=http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3113/slayeruv12v50ma001.th.jpg][/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[IMG=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2348/slayeruv12v50ma002.th.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• Originally posted by altrez View Post
          They are just the MSA06 transistors. However 1 in like 30 don't work the way they should. I have had results that work in the low to mid range with all of them. However when you hit a "Good" one it makes all the difference.

Not sure why tho?

-Altrez
          Do you know this for a fact? In the latest videos Dr Stiffler says it is not an AO6 transistor and is "unmarked". I'm hoping Dr Stiffler will speak more openly about the transistor as it appears to be the critical component.

RD

Comment

• Originally posted by retrod View Post
            Do you know this for a fact? In the latest videos Dr Stiffler says it is not an AO6 transistor and is "unmarked". I'm hoping Dr Stiffler will speak more openly about the transistor as it appears to be the critical component.

RD
            I don't know anything for a fact But I got one of his SEC units and it came with the right transistors. So it could be that he is using something different but I would think its just one of the good transistors with different markings. Perhaps from another company.

Perhaps he will let us know for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by altrez View Post
              I don't know anything for a fact But I got one of his SEC units and it came with the right transistors. So it could be that he is using something different but I would think its just one of the good transistors with different markings. Perhaps from another company.

Perhaps he will let us know for sure.
              *Interested
              The transistor the Doctor is using is not commercially available. The unit was designed in-cooperation with a semiconductor company to construct a unit that improved on the factors present in the MPSA06 that allows a Negative Resistance operation. These units are extremely expensive as the design and production of only one-thousand units for initial research was done. If the work is allowed to progress the transistors may go into a normal production mode by this company - although may be of limited number.

Some basic parms are the average unit has an hfe of 400-750 and a Vbe of as low as 0.17 volts. As the Doctor states one should stay tuned to what may be coming and again conditions can change this outcome.

Conrad

Comment

• Bug Zapper forr uv and light

Thanks again Jonny
                The Pandoras box is again open for exploraration great possibilities
                Input can be 220v rechargeable 2 x 1,2 v dc or
                solar cell from calculator
                Output 4.2 kv can be controlled by pwm to regulate cap discharge
                Application Portable UV disinfection for momentary flash light from UV
                Portable light and portable Insect Zapper with light for attraction
                jUST BY ADDING CONTRL SWITCH PLUS SOLAR cell

cheers

totoalas

Uploaded with ImageShack.uss

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

• @totoalas.HiThat is a great idea just to use the bug zapper as is for a multi purpose device .
                  I think the output from the BZ is higher than a fuji camera circuit and more robust to higher input voltages and I wonder if we could incorporate the jouleringer idea into it as i bet the transformer would be ideal and maybe use the jouleringer to flicker the uv light all night of a super cap which has been charged by a clockwork gen or solar cell and the BZ cap can just sit there waiting to zap a mossie and auto recharge in a couple of seconds after a sucsessful Zap or could we use UV Leds as a bug attractor?Nice work.Jonny

Comment

• Bug Zapper

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                    @totoalas.HiThat is a great idea just to use the bug zapper as is for a multi purpose device .
                    I think the output from the BZ is higher than a fuji camera circuit and more robust to higher input voltages and I wonder if we could incorporate the jouleringer idea into it as i bet the transformer would be ideal and maybe use the jouleringer to flicker the uv light all night of a super cap which has been charged by a clockwork gen or solar cell and the BZ cap can just sit there waiting to zap a mossie and auto recharge in a couple of seconds after a sucsessful Zap or could we use UV Leds as a bug attractor?Nice work.Jonny
                    Where do you get these Bug Zappers ?

FRC

Comment

• Originally posted by FRC View Post
                      Where do you get these Bug Zappers ?

FRC
                      If you have a Harbor freight around they sell them.

Right now they have a sale on them for $4.99.

Electric Fly Swatter

Comment

• None here

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
                        If you have a Harbor freight around they sell them.

Right now they have a sale on them for $4.99.

Electric Fly Swatter
                        Don't have them here in Canada. They are a good place, used to go there a
                        lot when I was working in California a few years ago.

FRC

Comment

• Two other HV sources

i was at a yard sale and I picked up 2 items. The first is a 12 volt fan/air ionizer. It comes with a cool little dual channel circuit using LM317's, one MJE3055T, and a 2n4401a and a 555 circuit controllable by two pots. i really like the circuit actually, if you guys want I'll make a diagram. (It could be upgraded to LM150 @ 3 to 5 amps I think). As well there is the double c-core ribbon transformer, and the trigger transformer. All rather beafy by comparison to the disposable cameras. In addition to that I also found a soft light 35mm flash unit for 35mm manual cameras, by Braun. It had a dc-dc step transformer about double the size of a disposable camera, as well as a trigger, also bigger than your Fuji setup. As well, it had some interesting capacitors, including a much bigger flash unit 350v 640uF.

The 12v air ionizer ran fluorescents just as it is. It seems to like to drive (4) 1 watt fluros, at about .3a to full brightness, but I think it would have done 5 or 6 even at similar draw, It was going up by about 10 milliamps per bulb, but then i blew a fuse playing with voltages. It seemed to like 9v too. Then it blew up on 6v. Maybe too much draw, I don't know - the inline input fuse blew.

Stuff to keep an eye out for at yard sales I got all this junk for $2.
                          ----------------------------------------------------
                          Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

• I finally finished winding my HUGE Tower it's 8.5" x 29".

The big tower uses very little power.It will even show the current intake as negative some times.

In this video it is running off one rechargable AA battery.

YouTube - Huge Exciter Tower

Comment

• @slayer007

Digital meters have problems measuring pulsed power. Try using a large capacitor to the battery negative terminal after the meter. This will reduce the battery current pulses but the circuit can still get pulses from the capacitor.

Comment

• Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
                                I finally finished winding my HUGE Tower it's 8.5" x 29".

The big tower uses very little power.It will even show the current intake as negative some times.

In this video it is running off one rechargable AA battery.

YouTube - Huge Exciter Tower
                                Great tower Slayer

Have you tried any alternative homemade batteries yet? Looks like its got a real low current draw. I reckon its definitely worth a try! Show people that very simple battery setups can be converted to light. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X