X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit of jonnydavro

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
    Hi .
    @arron5120.Hi.The amount of turns is not critical for this as a 4cm one and a 2cm one both work well.What is important is the wire and the presense of a ferrite rod in close proximity to the windings.It will not work without the ferrite which is from an am/fm ariel,mines from maplins.The wire I used I think was either 32,34 or36swg but I am not sure but I will be able to clarify the exact gauge after I have been to the electronics shop which will probably be next weekend but the wire is the thinnest I have used for a slayer exciter and the start of the L1 has to be secured in the breadboard with the start resitor to jam it in.
    There is no choke in the circuit,just got a few other unused circuits on the breadboard.
    It is the bare bones Slayer exciter circuit with just a transistor and a 24k start resistor which I leave connected.I put an Led indicator from emmiter to base and swapped this for a 4148 diode when I used the 2cm coil.So to sum up.1 transistor,1 24k resistor,1 LED an L1 coil an L2 coil 18swg mag wire and 1 ferrite rod.
    You can use an mpsa06,that is what I used in the vid but today I tried a BC182 and this also worked well for lighting tubes and it was this transistor which runs right down to 0.206v.
    Also if you are taking amp readings,try and measure across a 1 ohm resistor so you keep the meters internal resistors out of the circuit.
    I don't think you will have any problems getting this going and thanks for trying it out.Any problems just ask.happy experimenting.Jonny
    .Jonny

[/URL]
    Thanks jonnydavro, i will try your ideas with the circuit. Today I am doing some winding with a ferrite toroid. I use the wire from the Am radio loopstick antenna. 165 turns of L1. L2a and L2b the same number of turns (17 turns). The circuit did not fire up. No oscillation. I reversed back to the loopstick version.
    Have not tried the capacitor and 1N4148 option. But tried using different transistors, and the TIP3055 did performed the best at this moment. Still only get the CFL partially lit.
    Tomorrow I will tried the Totoala idea and the variable cap across the power source idea from Slayer.
    Thank you all for the great ideas!
    aaron5120
    Last edited by aaron5120; 03-14-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• With this setup I have been having very good results.
      This is based off Dr Stifflers NILS setup he showed us along time ago.

If going back to the source battery this will NOT work without the C2 capacitor.
      I have not tried different capacitors for C2 but other non polarized capacitors should work also.

YouTube - Slayer Stiffler NILS
      Attached Files
      Last edited by slayer007; 03-14-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Slayer's NILS Exciter circuit

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
        With this setup I have been having very good results.
        This is based off Dr Stifflers NILS setup he showed us along time ago.

If going back to the source battery this will NOT work without the C2 capacitor.
        I have not tried different capacitors for C2 but other non polarized capacitors should work also.

YouTube - Slayer Stiffler NILS
        Nice circuit @Slayer. Iwould like to replicate this circuit. Can you tell which gauge do you use for the L2 21 turns coil? What is the purpose of the ferrite beads at both poles of the power source? please.
        Thanks for the help, and I have had fun working on this circuit.
        aaron5120

Comment

• Originally posted by aaron5120 View Post
          Nice circuit @Slayer. Iwould like to replicate this circuit. Can you tell which gauge do you use for the L2 21 turns coil? What is the purpose of the ferrite beads at both poles of the power source? please.
          Thanks for the help, and I have had fun working on this circuit.
          aaron5120
          Hello Aaron5120

The two ferrite beeds are just there to help with the rf filtering and to help with impedance.

You should be able to replicate this without them.

The L2 coil is 21 turns of 21 ga. plastic coated wire.

Comment

• Tiny coil Slayer Exciter

@ Slayer, Jonny, & All
            I had a chance to make one of these tiny coil exciters and it worked. I used a piece of soda straw for the coil form and a ferrite tuning slug. I played around with different circuit arrangements and finally ended up with just the basic Slayer Exciter circuit running on one AA battery. Lots of fun.

YouTube - Tiny Slayer Exciter with ferrite core.ASF

Lidmotor

Comment

• HI Guys this exciter looks exciting . I've been working with rodin coils the last 4 or 5 months and I wondered if anyone had tried using one in an exciter circuit. Also I've watching @lidmotor s last vid on the slayer today just finished building a circuit but then realised it's a bifilar coil doh!
              Anyway hope to get a working one soon.
              It reminds me a lot of the old borderland vid where they beat the speed of light.
              Thanks.
              Stew Art Media

Comment

• Mini Slayer Near Infinity

Slayer circuit 12 v 1m A Simply the Best

Thanks to Gbluer Lid and Jonny

cheers

totoalas

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
                Last edited by totoalas; 03-17-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                  Slayer circuit 12 v 1m A Simply the Best

Thanks to Gbluer Lid and Jonny

cheers

totoalas

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WOW..Totoalas now that is impressive.

At 12v 1mA that has to be the best performance I have seen yet.

Thanks for showing your results.

Comment

• Hi totoalas, thanks for the informationa and pic.
                    I'm having trouble getting much of anything out of mine, could you give all the details of your setup if you please, thanks.

My L2 coil is on a 1-3/8" diameter tube at 4" long.
                    L2 coil is 18 gauge at 22 turns at 300 milliohms.
                    L1 coil is 24 gauge at 2 ohms.
                    tried mpsa92, tip42, 2n3906 transistors.
                    I have 6 yellow leds in series off one AV plug leg and another 6 leds off the other and they are about 50% of full brightness.
                    When using 12 volts and the smaller transistors i can slide L2 to a position where there is tolerable heat in transistor, though output isn't great.

Maybe i need to use smaller gauge for L2, or smaller for L1, any help appreciated.
                    peace love light
                    Tyson

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
                      @ Slayer, Jonny, & All
                      I had a chance to make one of these tiny coil exciters and it worked. I used a piece of soda straw for the coil form and a ferrite tuning slug. I played around with different circuit arrangements and finally ended up with just the basic Slayer Exciter circuit running on one AA battery. Lots of fun.

YouTube - Tiny Slayer Exciter with ferrite core.ASF

Lidmotor
                      I'm attempting this circuit as my first exciter. Is the coil a closed bifilar loop? Still wading through all the back posts trying to catch up.
                      Thanks
                      Stew Art Media

Comment

• i envy you all for getting your micro slayers working

and jimboot in response to your question, no. slayer exciters have an open end of the bigger or secondary coil, open end could mean an avramenko plug driving a load like a led board, or it could be a top load meaning a metal mass that transmits this electric field this puts out. With a top load you usually draw more energy but it allows you to light up an avramenko plug off of a bare piece of metal across the room. and then you could always leave it open ended but why let all that energy go to waste? and i believe that adding a load like a neon actually decreases the amperage draw a tad.

this circuit seems like a good first build but for me it has been more troublesome than a different slayer i built.

Comment

• Mini loopstick Slayer replication

Hi @Slayer and @jonnydavro,
                          Finally the Mini loopstick ferrite Slayer exciter replication was successfully done. But I did not use MPSA06. Instead I used TIP3055. Current consumption is horrenous: 120mA @ 12VDC, to light a 5W CFL at around 50% of fool strength.
                          But the Avramenko plugged 12 series wired LED seem to light quite well( almost 80% full strength)at around 150mA @12VDC. TIP3055 can go up to 15VDC input without blowing up.
                          I will post a photo tonight when I come back to my lab.
                          Now I will try the NILS version and the Microntran transformer version of Xee2 variation of Slayer circuit.
                          Thank you guys for lending a hand!
                          Last edited by aaron5120; 03-18-2011, 05:27 AM. Reason: ww

Comment

• Originally posted by ricksl View Post
                            i envy you all for getting your micro slayers working

and jimboot in response to your question, no. slayer exciters have an open end of the bigger or secondary coil, open end could mean an avramenko plug driving a load like a led board, or it could be a top load meaning a metal mass that transmits this electric field this puts out. With a top load you usually draw more energy but it allows you to light up an avramenko plug off of a bare piece of metal across the room. and then you could always leave it open ended but why let all that energy go to waste? and i believe that adding a load like a neon actually decreases the amperage draw a tad.

this circuit seems like a good first build but for me it has been more troublesome than a different slayer i built.
                            Thanks mate. Just learned what an AV plug is In Lidmotors diagram and latest vid I could only see a single coil. I was going to try this one first as it seemed simpler. Already wound the bifilar with a ferrite rod & using the MPSA06 Got a lot of boits and pieces atm watching DrStifflers, johnnys & slayers vids but I think I'm missing some of the basics.
                            Stew Art Media

Comment

• Mini SLayer @ 12 v 1 mA

Hi Sky and all
                              Using the circuit in post 1616
                              the cap in L2 is replaced with 100 nf
                              Lia out connected to 30 leds via av plug
                              L1b in connected to any point in bread board one end of the 3 neons connected and the other ends just insert in the bread board
                              Tranny mod by jonny b to e and c to b of MPSA06
                              Red led neg to ground of circuit and the other to hanging e of tranny mod
                              White led on av plug hanging on the terminal block without connection
                              The fluorescent lamp 8 watts used instead of ferrite rod to adjust current

Lib out connected to any part of bread board
                              12v psp power supply 12 v replaced the celfone charger

I think we may have
                              Slayer Power Station using the bread board
                              with lots of energy ...... field of dreams
                              For charging caps batteries and endless neons leds

hope this help

cheers

totoalas

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                              Hi totoalas, thanks for the informationa and pic.
                              I'm having trouble getting much of anything out of mine, could you give all the details of your setup if you please, thanks.

My L2 coil is on a 1-3/8" diameter tube at 4" long.
                              L2 coil is 18 gauge at 22 turns at 300 milliohms.
                              L1 coil is 24 gauge at 2 ohms.
                              tried mpsa92, tip42, 2n3906 transistors.
                              I have 6 yellow leds in series off one AV plug leg and another 6 leds off the other and they are about 50% of full brightness.
                              When using 12 volts and the smaller transistors i can slide L2 to a position where there is tolerable heat in transistor, though output isn't great.

Maybe i need to use smaller gauge for L2, or smaller for L1, any help appreciated.
                              peace love light
                              Tyson

Comment

• The simple circuit

Originally posted by jimboot View Post
                                Thanks mate. Just learned what an AV plug is In Lidmotors diagram and latest vid I could only see a single coil. I was going to try this one first as it seemed simpler. Already wound the bifilar with a ferrite rod & using the MPSA06 Got a lot of boits and pieces atm watching DrStifflers, johnnys & slayers vids but I think I'm missing some of the basics.
                                I probably should have drawn that circuit diagram different. There are two coils but the primary is just two wraps of plastic coated hookup wire around the soda straw secondary. In the diagram the primary is that little squiggle coming off the MPSA06 collector. This is really an attempt at Jonny's setup so you might want to watch his videos again. The true beauty of Slayer's first basic circuit is that the initial tuning is done by moving the primary up and down the secondary to find the resonant frequencies. If you cannot get yours to work try switching the leads on the primary. Many people have trouble there. There are so many variations now on the circuit that sometimes you can get lost on how Slayer's initial brilliant idea basically works.

Cheers,

Lidmotor
                                Last edited by Lidmotor; 03-18-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X