Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Boguslaw

This is for Boguslaw

Would you show us actual working the Don Smith set up instead word.
    Mr. Woopy is really active hero that really show us something.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
      I don't get it .. nobody see that it's exactly what Don Smith tabletop device had on output ! Woopy, just measure average voltage after diodes, and try to ground to Earth ground (good one) via varistor and all whan is needed is a huge capacitance capacitor rated to that voltage. The of course power inverter like Don Smith used. I think 100-200W at least could be possible from that small toroid
      I agree its Don Smith on a toroid with dual primary's, Iv been trying to get this point across on the Smith thread for a long time, either they think Im nuts or just dont understand me,
      I get caught up in my thoughts and dont convey what I mean very well I guess.
      dave

Oscillate the primary's and get usable energy
      Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• help for Woopy??

Maybe I can help with the arc over problem. In the attached picture the top half is supposed to represent a coil wound in the normal way. One layer covers the toroid and then the next layer on top of the first and so on. In the bottom half of the picture, part of the coil is wound with several layers then the next part is wound beside the first in several layers and so on around the toroid. The voltage from one layer to another on the top diagram could be very high if several layers are involved. The bottom picture shows coils of similar voltage next to each other and the highest and lowest voltages are separated around the circumference of the winding on the core. I hope I have made myself clear.
        Garry

coil layers.jpg

Comment

• Hi Garry,

Yes this winding technics you propose is surely another solution against arcing.
          Basically this is also what xee2 wrote in his post #2158 on previous page
          ( http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post182940 ) and in practice this is used in LCD monitor / LCD television sets to produce about 600-700V 30-40kHz AC for feeding the neon 'bulbs' which provide background lighting for the LCD display. See here such winding technic:
          http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2011...nsformer_1.jpg
          and some other HV transformers:
          High Voltage Transformers

rgds, Gyula

Comment

• Originally posted by xee2 View Post
            Don Smith circuits do not work. Many people have replicated them and none of them produced more energy out than was put in. Charging a capacitor does not increase energy, it just stores up energy put in over a long time and releases it in a short time. The energy out is not greater than the energy in, it just has a higher current because it is being transferred in a shorter time.
            C'mon man...did you really thought Don Smith told us all puzzles ? He clearly mentioned he is hiding some information and from his lectures some "sharp guy" can figure it out !

Obviously the missing part is closed magnetic path or another way of interaction between primary and secondaries.Or it just makes things easier without waste energy in HV spark gap !

Comment

• @xee2

@XEE2

Hey, how are you? I had an idea. Care to try your transformer inverter using a royer circuit, 1 capacitor, and one input choke, like this one?

ZVS Driver | Teravolt.org

The input choke might do some justice to the French Flip Flop, too. As a current limiter.
              ----------------------------------------------------
              Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

• How syncronistic been thinking of this today !
                I have a current draw that, to me, is too large with the Woopy/Sergdo type circuits...so the natural thought was to limit on the input and see if it carries forward or not for the output. A choke to the Positive connections of the coils was my line of thought and i'm delighted to see it on a circuit diagram.
                Will be trying the axial inductors tomorrow

Comment

• @ kcarring

I have that on my list of things to do. This is the simplified version I was thinking of trying. Layout is for a plugin breadboard. You might want to try it. Resistor value is not critical. Use power supply with limited output current or Mosfets may burn up (I was going to use battery for power source). N-channel power mosfets.

Last edited by xee2; 03-06-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Hi all

just going on the experiment with the Sergdo toroid transformer

And for tonight an inexpected result

Any good explanation as per a so long distance in the water and no visible plasma arc and at the end the melting ???

good luck at all

Laurent

Amazing water melting 1.wmv - YouTube

Comment

• Congratulations’ Woopy I may be wrong but in my opinion you have decomposed water into hydrogen and oxygen in process similar to what is being used in the Muliplaz Welder. The extra heat when the oxygen and hydrogen recombine is melting the electrode that contacts the water. It’s amazing you are able to do this with a small input voltage and current. Try using carbon rod,” lead pencil tip”, as an electrode. This experiment needs further investigation.
                      Multiplaz. Welding, Cutting, Soldering, Brazing...

Comment

• I've had neons and LED's light in water with Tesla towers, but nothing has exploded and melted

That really was an incredible video.
                        Does the electrode burn out of water as normal ?
                        In some ways, it reminds me of using the Earth to conduct, as Tesla did, but here you have water conducting very efficiently and with all that great power. Maybe it could be a new technique for cooking a lobster in restaurants
                        I would imagine you could extend the burning to the size of a bathtub though..with nobody sitting in it !
                        Makes me think of Stan Meyer and his car, with what is going on here.

Comment

• Amazing!

I am really amazed at that. But I don't think I want to drink any of woopy's water!

Carroll
                          Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Don Smith Final lecture

The extra Don Smith Lecture Video.

Donald L Smith Inventors Weekend 2001 - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by citfta View Post
                              I am really amazed at that. But I don't think I want to drink any of woopy's water!

Carroll
                              ....if you know what I mean
                              Stew Art Media

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                                Hi all

just going on the experiment with the Sergdo toroid transformer

And for tonight an inexpected result

Any good explanation as per a so long distance in the water and no visible plasma arc and at the end the melting ???

good luck at all

Laurent

Amazing water melting 1.wmv - YouTube
                                Wow mate I need a bigger toroid. Luvyawork as always.
                                Stew Art Media

Comment

Working...
                                X