Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Lawton Phase Lock Loop Device

Good Evening All,

Has anybody built the circuit developed by Dave Lawton as posted on p.46 of Patrick Kelly's latest Chapter10.pdf document?

Regards

Richard

pll circuit

Originally posted by linesrg View Post
    Good Evening All,

Has anybody built the circuit developed by Dave Lawton as posted on p.46 of Patrick Kelly's latest Chapter10.pdf document?

Regards

Richard
    Hi Richard,

I donīt know the circuit you have referenced to, but I have published something hopefully quite similar at http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post84999.

best wishes,
    bussi04

Comment

I can't open the pdf files

bussi04,

I tried opening the pdf files in that thread but wasn't able to open them.

I ask about the Dave Lawton circuit as I have had a couple of prototype PCB's made up and the initial test result looks quite good.

I'm not aware that anybody has tried this circuit andwanted to discuss results with anybody who has.

Regards

Richard

Comment

bussi04,

I tried opening the pdf files in that thread but wasn't able to open them.

I ask about the Dave Lawton circuit as I have had a couple of prototype PCB's made up and the initial test result looks quite good.

I'm not aware that anybody has tried this circuit andwanted to discuss results with anybody who has.

Regards

Richard
        Hi Richard,

That is not a pdf document, you have to rename it from sm61_zip.pdf to sm61.zip and extract it.

The contents is a Kicad project directory.

To see the contents you need to install the Kicad schematic and PCB layout program.

Then you can see the schematic and the PCB layout.

To install Kicad on MS-Windows see bussi's easy to do instructions:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...html#post78410

For Ubuntu, simply checkmark Kicad in Synaptic package manager and click "Apply" to install.

Start Kicad and open the sm61.pro file in Kicad clicking "Projects->Open Project Descr" from the top left menu, then you are in business

Hope this helps.

Eric

Comment

Thanks for this

Eric,

Yes this information does help thanks. Maybe if I'd taken or found the time to read the whole thread. Too much to do and not enough time.

I find the Express PCB or Eaglecad format's alot easier to follow as somebody who doesn't design PCB's for a living.

I'd also like to thank adam_mizer for his helpful PM as well.

Regards

Richard

Comment

Dave Lawton

Hi guys if you're reffering to Dave Lawton HHO circuit yes I have build that and it's very effiecient in HHO production.
            Thanks

Comment

Guruji,

This is a devleopment of the well known Dave Lawton twin 555 timer based PWM.

This device generates a varying signal seeking a resonant point and then locks on to it. It is based on a HEF4046 Phase Lock Loop IC.

Regards

Richard

Comment

Guruji,

This is a devleopment of the well known Dave Lawton twin 555 timer based PWM.

This device generates a varying signal seeking a resonant point and then locks on to it. It is based on a HEF4046 Phase Lock Loop IC.

Regards

Richard
                Hi Linesrg I only build the twin 555timer circuit if there's another one developed more I would like to see if you have a schematic.
                Thanks

Comment

Good Evening All,

Regards

Richard
                  I don't have found anything that sell genuine Lawton PLL circuit, the only way at this time is start private development
                  Last edited by tutanka; 02-23-2010, 10:41 PM.

Comment

As far as I know Lawton never had a PLL circuit...All he had was a variable pulse width frequency generator which does nothing but pulse the tubes. (Waste of both time and money). If you want to replicate Meyer you first need to understand an LC circuit and how it works, the lawton circuit will not produce excessive amounts of gas or lock a water capacitor at resoance.

Are you talking about the circuit that scans, detects, and locks resoance?
                    It is in one of Stans papers and has been discussed and shown very well on Waterfuelcell.org.

The Water Fuel Cell :: View topic - Phase lock loop circuit schematic

The Water Fuel Cell :: View topic - Phase-Lock-Loop confusion

Comment

Working...
                    X