Cheap New Electric Car Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap New Electric Car Idea

Hey guys, I have a very simple idea for a cheap new electric car. Buy a cheap new car on craigslist with a perfect body but bad engine, like a year 2000+ car, lets say, all leather interior, radio, etc..beautiful car...then gut out the entire engine and install a Bedini 10 pole and do the rest of the mechanical work with the batteries etc...what do you have? A perfect new electrical car with all leather interior....what do you guys think?

i think the bedini motor is not very sweet to produce real torque or HP... and that project will cost you a lot of money, since the 10coiler is arround 4000 eur, even if you build it yourself, will not cost you much less, and will not be very efficient if it is not precisly machined, but i dont know your skills.

the motor will never be so powerfull because probably you will have to use pulleys and that stuff to fit all the thing inside the car. Just one small electric motor that you can buy in used car parts store for arround 100Eur (maybe 1/4 the size of 10coiler), will give you much more torque and can reach arround (50km/h). There are plans on the web to build your own electric car, for 1000eur.

Off course if you buy good parts (motor, batterys, charge controler, lcd panel), it will cost you a little bit more, and with a standard electric motor you can couple it to the transmission that the car allready haves. Very simple. Just remove all combustion parts (motor, radiator, tank, oil tubes, start motor), the brake system, transmission, etc, should stay the same, put 10 Batterys of high amperage capacity on the trank, mount motor speed regulator to pedals, and an lcd to show charge, speed, temperature, etc)

tcharan, you have an easy and cheap EV conversion, maybe the 10coil will be a good project to charge the car batterys, because is more efficient, so you will save lots of money! but not good to power the car inside it.

but thats just my opinion...

welcome
    Last edited by TanTric; 07-05-2010, 12:19 AM.
    Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

sounds like you have your work cut out for you.
      Last edited by abb8279; 07-05-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X