Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Magnetic Overunity Device - Magnetic Neutralization

Looks very interesting idea.

YouTube - FREE ENERGY # 24 Working Magnetic Overunity Device - Magnetic Neutralization

How do you think about it.

WHAT A CHAMP!!

I would like to see others take this technology to a much higher level. If there's anyone, individual or business, would like to do so, feel free to use it. My only request is that you do not claim patent rights, copyrights, or anything like that, to this intellectual property, except where it may apply in your own project. The technology as I describe in the videos, I wish to remain in public domain. Free from any restrictions.

Comment

Been there, done that...

YouTube - dual stator killinear.wmv

Killinear Motor - Heretical Builders

Comment

gating principle similar to Orbo

Originally posted by luishan View Post
        Thanks to JLN's demo of the Steorn core technology I became aware that this 'GATING' principle (negating PM attraction or repulsion) is being focused in on by many. This is an OLD principle. The Acai (I think) PM Wankel does use this GENERAL technique. Whether it is magnetizing a ferro to an opposing magnetic polarity to counter the attraction with a PM (like Steorn) or negating a PM's pole with a coil (like this one), or any other iteration of the principle, it's still 'old hat' ... maybe except for the uniqueness of using a toroid (Steorn).

This guy does indeed go into the interplay of the PM's field with the coil upon the coil's de-energizing though, suggesting they have explored some pretty comprehensive control principles evidenced by the fact that they even mentioned it at all.

I'm glad there is an up-front declaration (of sorts) to place this squarely in the public domain and to keep it there.

Thanks,

Greg

Comment

@Ted -
          I have a suggestion that comes from a lesson learned from Mr. Bedini. If you were to change the armature to where a steel piece comes over and surrounds the coil on all sides possible, then you can use that part of the field as well, because right now you are using about half of the power you put in the coil. The difference, though, between his build and yours, is you have moving magnets in the rotor armature which induce counter-emf, while his uses steel in the rotor. Yours has stronger attraction, I would think.

Another suggestion, is to make this tri-phase, with 3 sets of rotor/stators connected to the flywheel. That would eliminate much of the unwanted vibrations, and provide a more constant torque. 6 total coils. That would be alot of work and require a new prototype to be made, so it might take some time.

Other then that, good work so far! I enjoy watching this develop.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicFarmer View Post
            @Ted -
            I have a suggestion that comes from a lesson learned from Mr. Bedini. If you were to change the armature to where a steel piece comes over and surrounds the coil on all sides possible, then you can use that part of the field as well, because right now you are using about half of the power you put in the coil. The difference, though, between his build and yours, is you have moving magnets in the rotor armature which induce counter-emf, while his uses steel in the rotor. Yours has stronger attraction, I would think.

Another suggestion, is to make this tri-phase, with 3 sets of rotor/stators connected to the flywheel. That would eliminate much of the unwanted vibrations, and provide a more constant torque. 6 total coils. That would be alot of work and require a new prototype to be made, so it might take some time.

Other then that, good work so far! I enjoy watching this develop.
            Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.
            The steel enclosure is a good idea for a single ended coil, and works well. However, I'm using two coils tied together through a back channel which takes advantage of the unused pole.
            This linear motor is very powerful, and quite efficient. Unfortunately, it doesn't lend itself well to a rotary mechanism. The effective "throw" of the device is strong, but quite short. If you had about 10 of these devices on one drive shaft it might start to work. I was unwilling to go to all the trouble to find out.
            That project was a great learning experience, but it has long since been taken apart and used for other things. I have no space to keep this stuff, and my budget is tight, so everything gets recycled. I'm still trying to find a better solution for a rotating motor.
            Here is an idea I had for improving the throw. A segmented armature would break down a large gap into a number of smaller gaps. As the power of attraction is increased exponentially with the reduction of distance, this would provide much more pull with a longer throw.

The lower diagram shows the flux path in a passive state. All the flux is contained within the surrounding steel of the magnets.
            In the upper diagram, when the coil fires, it repolarizes all the steel within its core and prevents the flux returning to its own pole (flux can only travel one way through steel). The only path left is to the opposite pole of the next magnet in the chain, where strong attraction takes place and all the segments are pulled together.
            When the coil is deenergized, the flux automatically goes back to its internal pathway and the segments can be easily pulled apart.
            I have yet to build this device, but plan to as soon as I get some more time. There are some practical engineering considerations to work out, such as the physical linking of the segments, but nothing to difficult. I know this will work because I've tested all the parts already, I just haven't put them together in this configuration.
            My problem is that I have too many ideas and not enough time and resources to build them all. If anyone wants to try and build this device I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Ewert View Post
              Ted whooly crap man

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Ewert View Post
                Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.
                The steel enclosure is a good idea for a single ended coil, and works well. However, I'm using two coils tied together through a back channel which takes advantage of the unused pole.
                This linear motor is very powerful, and quite efficient. Unfortunately, it doesn't lend itself well to a rotary mechanism. The effective "throw" of the device is strong, but quite short. If you had about 10 of these devices on one drive shaft it might start to work. I was unwilling to go to all the trouble to find out.
                That project was a great learning experience, but it has long since been taken apart and used for other things. I have no space to keep this stuff, and my budget is tight, so everything gets recycled. I'm still trying to find a better solution for a rotating motor.
                Here is an idea I had for improving the throw. A segmented armature would break down a large gap into a number of smaller gaps. As the power of attraction is increased exponentially with the reduction of distance, this would provide much more pull with a longer throw.

The lower diagram shows the flux path in a passive state. All the flux is contained within the surrounding steel of the magnets.
                In the upper diagram, when the coil fires, it repolarizes all the steel within its core and prevents the flux returning to its own pole (flux can only travel one way through steel). The only path left is to the opposite pole of the next magnet in the chain, where strong attraction takes place and all the segments are pulled together.
                When the coil is deenergized, the flux automatically goes back to its internal pathway and the segments can be easily pulled apart.
                I have yet to build this device, but plan to as soon as I get some more time. There are some practical engineering considerations to work out, such as the physical linking of the segments, but nothing to difficult. I know this will work because I've tested all the parts already, I just haven't put them together in this configuration.
                My problem is that I have too many ideas and not enough time and resources to build them all. If anyone wants to try and build this device I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

Ted
                Nicely done, Ted.

Bit's

Comment

Bits, Ted... all...

see attatched........how about this for a non-moving version of Teds idea

the pickup coil marked in red.....is air-core, segmented physically into parts to keep the neos seperated via their plastic cores.

obviiusly it would require some experimenting/calculation as to how far apart to place the neos in respect to their field strength, dont want them linking through the air without the aid of the outer coil
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rave154 View Post
                    Bits, Ted... all...

see attatched........how about this for a non-moving version of Teds idea

the pickup coil marked in red.....is air-core, segmented physically into parts to keep the neos seperated via their plastic cores.

obviiusly it would require some experimenting/calculation as to how far apart to place the neos in respect to their field strength, dont want them linking through the air without the aid of the outer coil
                    Hi David, not quite sure what you are saying? Can you explain?

Thanks

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Bit's-n-Bytes View Post
                      Nicely done, Ted.

Bit's
                      Thanks,
                      Attraction is a lot more powerful than repulsion. The Gap Power device wastes a huge amount of flux out into open space because it isn't contained.
                      In my device all the flux from the coil and the magnets is concentrated and contained within the core, which makes it highly efficient. It not only activates eight magnets simultaneously, it also naturally draws the steel together within its core as any other solenoid would do.
                      The coil core could be made of thin acrylic tubing. The inner "pucks" containing the magnets could be constructed like this:

I hollowed out the inside of the two steel discs for this project, but a flat disc could be used just as easily. To close the path between the poles I cut a piece of iron pipe in half and fit the two pieces around the outside of the discs. The magnet shown is the same as is inside the enclosure.
                      These would have to have some sort of collapsible rod connecting all the pieces so they could be pulled apart to the correct spacing after each cycle.
                      If each gap were 1/2" then the total travel of the throw would be 2 1/2". That's a lot for this type of device.
                      The throw is important because it translates into more degrees of torque and better leverage on a crankshaft. This one device would replace 5 single gap units.

Cheers,

Ted

Comment

We applied this concept to the SSG a couple of years ago to turn it into a torque motor. Simply add magnets to the outer part of the coil (vary the distance/strength to your build). Play around w/ the polarity (magnet & coil) and timing to make it attract or push - “viola” you now have an efficient torque monopole. Sounds like the linear version here has better efficiency than our circular version did. Perhaps this warrants a revisit w/ all the insight we've gained over the years...

Comment

Bits, from the diagram, i took it to be neo's inside a coil.

when the coil is not active the flux from each magnet is as it is when the magnet is on its own or isolated.

when the coil is active the flux links from magnet to magnet....as shown if a pickup coil was placed in this area between the magnets would it not generate current from the flux of the neo's each time the coil is pulsed?

Comment

Originally posted by rave154 View Post
                            Bits, from the diagram, i took it to be neo's inside a coil.

when the coil is not active the flux from each magnet is as it is when the magnet is on its own or isolated.

when the coil is active the flux links from magnet to magnet....as shown if a pickup coil was placed in this area between the magnets would it not generate current from the flux of the neo's each time the coil is pulsed?
                            I probably wasn't as clear as I should have been about how this thing works. The magnets are completely enclosed in steel (as in the above picture), which is why they have virtually no external field. This is when they are in the "off" state.
                            When the solenoid fires, it reverses all the magnetic domains in the steel, effectively blocking the magnet's flux path between its poles. As flux can only travel one way through steel, the flux now radiates straight out from the poles. This is considered turning the magnet "on".
                            When the solenoid is deenergized, the magnetic domains in the steel are free to realign. The flux then automatically returns to its original path within the steel, turning the magnet off again and allowing it to be separated from it's neighbor with little or no effort.
                            Two neodymium magnets, a half an inch apart, have a lot of pull and this is where all the power comes from. The coil is merely the switch that allows this to happen.
                            The action of the solenoid also aids in the force of moving the segments together. The Gap Power device does just the opposite and uses the coil to block the magnetic flux, which is working against the driving force.
                            There are a lot of ways to manipulate the flux of permanent magnets. However, doing it efficiently can be tricky. I'm still working on the tricky part.

Ted

Comment

Thanks Ted, makes sense now

i just "know" theres a way to get "use" out of a permanent neo.and it willl probbaly be some sort of flux-manipulation-switching device....a MEG type arrangment of sorts if you will.

its just an irresistable lure to me, make the NEO for literally pennies...and you have all of that flux....for about 400 years....now all we have to do, is figure out a way to move that flux around ( with a coil in the way to pick it up obviously )

Comment

Working...
                              X