Converting plastic back into oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting plastic back into oil

The principle seems simple enough if the inventor is telling us everything.
    I wonder how much heat is required to convert a litre, would be good if it only took 1/2 or 1/4L of converted oil

YouTube - Man invents machine to convert plastic into oil

The chemists of the world, and the petroleum
    refining companies, have known how to accomplish
    this task for many, many years.

Capitalism has insidious ways of introducing corruption
    into the most mundane activities. The love of
    "money" has been the ruination of peoples and
    nations.

It is so very gratifying to see what one small man is able
    to accomplish when driven by the desire to do
    something "GOOD" for humankind.

Has the time yet come when the people will demand
    this sort of sensible action to overcome massive
    waste? Time will tell - but I fear not...

Thanks for posting the link and for expressing your
    opinions.

Comment

Karl, look at this:
      http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ight=pyrolysis

This is not exactly fuel from plastic, but fuel from old tires, a great technology indeed. And it is simple, environmental friendly and works just great, I tried it myself. Most car repair shops have to pay to get the old tires removed from them. So getting of tires ir really not a problem. A pyrolysis device can be made self sustaining in that it consumes small percentage of the fuel produced by the process to keep it going. You just need to add tires. And the end product is a fuel of the fraction range of diesel, almost pure charcoal and some metal from the tire cords. Every small city should have such a device to convert their garbage into fuel and other useful materials. Essentially you are turning nothing into something If you need more info I will be happy to provide it as much as I can.
      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
        Karl, look at this:
        http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...ight=pyrolysis

This is not exactly fuel from plastic, but fuel from old tires, a great technology indeed. And it is simple, environmental friendly and works just great, I tried it myself. Most car repair shops have to pay to get the old tires removed from them. So getting of tires ir really not a problem. A pyrolysis device can be made self sustaining in that it consumes small percentage of the fuel produced by the process to keep it going. You just need to add tires. And the end product is a fuel of the fraction range of diesel, almost pure charcoal and some metal from the tire cords. Every small city should have such a device to convert their garbage into fuel and other useful materials. Essentially you are turning nothing into something If you need more info I will be happy to provide it as much as I can.
        Thank you Jetijs
        yes I have read that thread a while ago now though, I have been a reader here for a good few years, before I joined, have followed many of your threads with interest, like your beautifully crafted HHO torch!
        I can remember reading there is a self sustaining power station someware that works on a similar princible to the above.
        Have you tried your reactor with plastic? I have been looking for an old pressure cooker I had, I think it would be perfect to experiment with, but I fear I have dumped it
        regards
        Karl

Comment

Hi Karl.
          I have not tried it with plastic, but my friend has and with good results. You can get about 11L of fuel from 10kg of plastic, more liters are because of the different density of the fuel. Also you are left with about 500 grams of charcoal. The process produces lots and lots of gas that can be burned right away to aid the process. A chemical analysis of the fuel will be done soon. When processing the fuel in the reaction chamber once more you get almost pure diesel and what remains in the tank is something thick and parafine like that burns like hell.

Comment

would you mind making a plan? I will build one.

Comment

Hello jetijs, good to be reading your memos once more, my fault, doing other things.
              This sounds really interesting, bboj is not the only one looking for the pressure cooker, seems we all dumped them some time past, big mistake!
              Anyway bboj suggests maybe some basic plans from your good-self, that would be great if you can arrange it.
              The 11lts from 10lts of plastic sounds amazing, what fule did he use for the process ? Always a pleasure to hear your comments.

Regard, Brendan.

Comment

Hi all.
                The process is really easy. you have a metal container filled with plastic or rubber, you get a way to heat that container to about 400-500 degree celsius, no matter whether with fire or with resistance heating elements. You have a pipe going off the reaction chamber that hoes though some lops of metal tubing or a radiator so that the hot vapors can condense. In this condensation process the liquids separate from gasses. The gasses can be burned right away and the liquid collected. There is no pressure in the reaction chamber because it is connected to the atmosphere via the radiator and gas outlet so no pressure and thus much safer. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I understand the process. I ve seen video of a guy doing it with microwaves - would it be ossible to make it at home?
                  Also I would like to know what to look for in order to make
                  the sistem as eficient as possible. Types of burners etc. I hope it is not to much to ask.
                  I am not an engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by bboj View Post
                    Hi, I understand the process. I ve seen video of a guy doing it with microwaves - would it be ossible to make it at home?
                    Also I would like to know what to look for in order to make
                    the sistem as eficient as possible. Types of burners etc. I hope it is not to much to ask.
                    I am not an engineer.
                    Hi bboj
                    I was thinking of simply drilling a hole in the pressure relief valve of the as yet not found pressure cooker, attach a pipe from the valve to a bubbler, a pipe from the top of the bubbler to a torch, so once you have got the reaction started the let off gas may be enough to sustain the reaction vie the torch, when enough oil is produced syphon it off
                    Last edited by Karl; 09-11-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Hi all!

This is the video:

Plastik-Energie - VOX.de
                      Deutschlandfunk - Umwelt und Verbraucher - Joghurtbecher unter der Motorhaube

and

patent:
                      (WO/2009/103289) HIGH-HEAT PROCESS FOR UTILIZING ORGANIC MATERIAL

prinzip is the same

Comment

Working...
                      X