Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open source Mini Ti/SS dry cell Research report

YouTube - Mini Titanium Dry Cell

Thanks to the Panacea Volunteers Eddie, Alex, and William, this is a research
    report using a Mini but powerful PURE Ti/SS Dry cell design (which could be
    transformed into a gas splitter cell via Bill Williams design).

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8946/minicell.jpg

Small cheap and easy. The 3L 4 cylinder turbo diesel Nissan Navara featured in this video reported 67% in mileage gains by using 2 of these small compact cells in parallel at 18 amps each = total 36Amps.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3714/navara.jpg

For those who have computer engine management systems, we suggest testing the gas splitter design. For open source dry gas splitting cell designs please check Bill Williams generous donation of the GSC in the Panacea University Hydroxy course.

For those who cannot build cells, there are recommended and endorsed cells that we are testing listed in the Hydroxy PDF document. If using this mini dry cell design, please check the current and voltage density of the plate sizes of this cell in the faculty section of the Panacea University Hydroxy course.

http://www.panaceauniversity.org/Hydroxy%20Boosters.pdf

These specific calculations (electrode thickness/sizes to watts in ratios) are
    estimated to be needed to run the cell in optimal conditions. Titanium can get
    hot just like stainless steel. Always install near the front of the car where
    there is air flow.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2...ontinstall.jpg

More testing will be reported in the main PDF document.
    Mini Dry cell design:

Pure TI is used for the negative side only, it could be one reason for such a
    reported mileage gain. Stainless for the positive center tap. Plates are spaced
    1mm apart.

Dimensions:
    Electrodes - 90 x 90mm (octagon shape)
    Gasket - 73mm ID, 80mm OD, 1mm thick

100% Titanium (not Titanium / Mixed Metal Oxide) is used for the negative /
    hydrogen side.Stainless steel is used for the positive / oxygen side only.

-NNN+NNN-

SS = + plus n's
    PURE 100% TI = negatives

http://www.panaceauniversity.org/Hydroxy%20Boosters.pdf
    Hydroxy Gas

Ash back to work for me, Ps, check out Bill's new cell!!!
    YouTube - 8X8 GSC 1st Run 9-18-2010.3gp

GSC build order

Looking over Bills GSC 5x5 I can't help but wonder if I would need a bigger cell or multiple cells for my 5.3L V8 and if so could I just make a 8x8 and be done with it. As a hybrid Now on to my main question I see some vague build orders like (-NNNNNN+NNNNNN- or -NNNN+NNNN-) I get what they stand for but do I use an order of say -plate Gasket membrane gasket neutral gasket membrane gasket and so on or is this wrong (b-|n|n|n|n|+|n|n|n|n|-b) |=gasket/membrane/gasket assy b= blind gasket. Oh and one more thing can I use s/s on all the plates(316) or is it a must to use Ti

Thanks for the help

~Skyy~
    Last edited by darksky42087; 04-23-2012, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Hi Skyy/ALL

the Ti was only used on the negative my friend, you can use SS for all others. I would start small (normal cell) and work your way up, with Hydrogen (not hydroxy) you only need a small amount to get savings . Try no more than 15 amps to begin with and go down to find the sweet spots.

Regards
      Ash

Comment

Very nice and small cell indeed !!
        So much bubbles at only 7A, I think the small 1mm gap helps a lot.
        Very good work guys !

Comment

Well I started small

I started off small code name "little s**t" little well cuz of its size and s**t well parts were found in the trash around the shop

Comment

Just found some 316 s/s washers

Comment

Originally posted by Jules Tresor View Post
              Very nice and small cell indeed !!
              So much bubbles at only 7A, I think the small 1mm gap helps a lot.
              Very good work guys !
              Our special friend is what fuels us and inspires us too .
              guys try splitting the gases it seems like with Ti you only need small amps IF YOU SPLIT THE GAS

Ash

Comment

Hmm

Well for the the time being Ti is out of my price range. Called a s/s supplier today gave them some measurements for an 8x8 came back with two quotes $145 for shearing and $265 for waterjet. Looking at about $70 for the gaskets but I still don't know where I would get the membranes made

Comment

platinum

hi all,
                  sorry if im hogging this thread, but i couldnt find any other more relevant to what im discussing. if anyone points me to another thread that is more relevant i would happily move there.

has anyone tried platinum at the hydrogen side?
                  technically if you can plate it it wouldnt be too expensive.
                  even perhaps use the type of platinum that is used on crockery and glass (image search for "platinum crockery" in google) although that does contain about 3-4% bismuth as a bonding agent as well as small amounts of rhodium, chromium and perhaps silver as well, but all in quantities less than 1%. i have a friend who makes it hence the detailed info.

there are two studies that really interested me.
                  the first was the japanese COP 80
                  and the second from Professor Daniel Nocera of MIT

both were using platinum, and the second was using cobalt phosphate dissolved in the water, which then attaches itself to the electrode and produces oxygen. when the current is turned off it re dissolves in the water.

JaggedE

Comment

Originally posted by jaggedE View Post
                    hi all,
                    sorry if im hogging this thread, but i couldnt find any other more relevant to what im discussing. if anyone points me to another thread that is more relevant i would happily move there.

has anyone tried platinum at the hydrogen side?
                    technically if you can plate it it wouldnt be too expensive.
                    even perhaps use the type of platinum that is used on crockery and glass (image search for "platinum crockery" in google) although that does contain about 3-4% bismuth as a bonding agent as well as small amounts of rhodium, chromium and perhaps silver as well, but all in quantities less than 1%. i have a friend who makes it hence the detailed info.

there are two studies that really interested me.
                    the first was the japanese COP 80
                    and the second from Professor Daniel Nocera of MIT

both were using platinum, and the second was using cobalt phosphate dissolved in the water, which then attaches itself to the electrode and produces oxygen. when the current is turned off it re dissolves in the water.

JaggedE
                    Well that is very interesting but if Ti is out of my price range I think platinum might be more so. But I have seen some YouTube videos where they were using platinum coated wire for both sides (anode and cathode).

Comment

Originally posted by darksky42087 View Post
                      Well that is very interesting but if Ti is out of my price range I think platinum might be more so. But I have seen some YouTube videos where they were using platinum coated wire for both sides (anode and cathode).
                      not necessarily, the main use of the platinum would be to create a protective layer on the said material, this layer will only be microns thick, once this layer is formed it should basically be as effective as if it were completely made of platinum, as long as the material it is coated on is a good conductor in my opinion it would work fine.

my friend says a similar compound in titanium would also be available at laboratory chemical suppliers by the name of Titanium Acetyl Acetonate, which is in liquid form. the metal to be coated needs to be painted with this titanium compound and then heat treated to deposit the film and burn off the solvent.

the friend i mentioned might be able to help me aquire this, ill try it and get back to you.

but before i do, does anyone on this forum have any idea why this might not work?

Comment

Originally posted by jaggedE View Post
                        not necessarily, the main use of the platinum would be to create a protective layer on the said material, this layer will only be microns thick, once this layer is formed it should basically be as effective as if it were completely made of platinum, as long as the material it is coated on is a good conductor in my opinion it would work fine.

my friend says a similar compound in titanium would also be available at laboratory chemical suppliers by the name of Titanium Acetyl Acetonate, which is in liquid form. the metal to be coated needs to be painted with this titanium compound and then heat treated to deposit the film and burn off the solvent.

the friend i mentioned might be able to help me aquire this, ill try it and get back to you.

but before i do, does anyone on this forum have any idea why this might not work?
                        I may have lied just got the price back for 4 5x5" Ti plates im looking at $89 so I will get that paid for tomorrow. And as far as I know like I said before they have it in kits so if it worked for them it may for you try it and send pics and info on your progress.

Comment

shows some good info about Titanium Acetylacetonate you should check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X