Don't Kill Dipole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Farmhand View Post
    I'm trying to think of a way to make my bike wheel ssg an electrostatic generator aswell as what it already does, it has an alloy wheel and plastic fan blades , can anyone think of a way to use the wheel to generate static like a van de graff machine or something similar I don't mind running the SSG to make it work.

Any idea's, The output would be separate to the ssg output of course, with only 150 to 180 rpm it would it be too slow?

Cheers
    That would be a fantastic Idea. The one thing about a static generator is that they don't need a lot of torque or high speeds because they use multiple tabs to collect the charges. If you add a disk to one side you should be able to make such a setup. I would go with a Wimherst machine since they are the generator. It seems that all the van der graaff machines I have looked at only change the static to another form except for the friction machines. You might find something along the lines in my previous posts about a list of machines from Google patents. I'm sure there is a good setup in those.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between "static voltage" created by say a wimhurst machine, or the HV created by a Neon transformer or other similar method. Other than one is man made - conventional using power - and the other is environmental. Is there an actual difference between the energies or their properties?
      ________
      vapir oxygen vaporizer
      Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
        Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between "static voltage" created by say a wimhurst machine, or the HV created by a Neon transformer or other similar method. Other than one is man made - conventional using power - and the other is environmental. Is there an actual difference between the energies or their properties?
        Even Tesla was asking that and to the best of his ability there is little difference. They are the same component. Except that the static voltage is a constant value and the electrically made one is a fluctuating value. Like Dr. Stiffler is showing you can do both but you need a way to provide the whole static potential in the alternating oscillator to the load. This is done with the AV plug which half rectifies the oscillation into a pulsed positive or negative potential which when combined with a capacitance smooths out that pulsing. When combined with an antenna (plate) it gets it's flow from the potential difference of the source (av plug+cap) and the lower potential of the plate hung in the environment. This can and will run a load but it is dependent on the size of the plate (mass) and the frequency of the pulsing of the source plus the voltage supplied by the source.
        It would also need to have very tight tuning with the load in order to get it to resonate and pull in higher current which is a tough thing to tune unless you figured out the resonance first, which most don't.

Comment

• Thats quite interesting - I thought it might be a bit of a stupid question after I posted it but I really wasn't clear. One of my experiments some months back, charging a metal can capacitor to 6500 volts I noticed a static field around it, almost breeze like. I could actually take a neon, holding one terminal and as I got closer to the cap it would light without actually touching it. I presumed at the time that I was the lower potential ( mass or capacitance ) allowing the field to create a path through the bulb. The same experiment ended up being a self oscillator through a spark gap which would run for a very very long time. Passive oscillator I'm guessing.

I played with Dr. Stifflers SGate a good part of yesterday and did get an LED to light, although very faintly. Tuning is definately a problem as I don't know the frequencies coming in from the ground. My scope showed a considerably varying frequency so I couldn't pin point anything. At one point I had a blinking LED. I would imagine the outcome - output - would vary quite a bit depending on where your were in the world.

The pyramid experiments haven't yeilded anything as yet although the scope shot, measuring it in various places is kind of strange. It appears to be picking up the 60hz signal in the house but the output is a really odd looking saw tooth wave.
          ________
          Infant avandia

Comment

• Have you applied the modifications?

Right now all you have is a pyramidal antenna. You need to make it a capacitor and make sure it stays on the ground. So adding a dielectric layer might get you a lot more.If you add the metal tip after the dielectric this is where things get interesting. You now have a wave guide that amplifies from base to tip. I doubt you will need metal sheath on the outside of the pyramid only the tip needs a metal cover.

I believe that once the charge has built up it forms lines of force that connect the bottom corners to the tips corners. This allows a stream to form from base to tip. This increases the pull it has on surrounding charges and pulls them to the tip. Connect a wire to the tip and this should be the charge collector or potential well. With the base being a lower potential you can run in dc mode that way. If you get a pulsing then add a cap as well to even that out and you should be good to go. Only use the one wire method to pull charges off the tip. Meaning that now you need to do this in the same way Tesla does. Source to wire through a diode to the load and to a plate for the virtual ground. It should work but you might not need the diode and a cap would only filter the output.

I have not done this experiment so these are merely suggestions.

Comment

• Since it's made out of steel already I may have to modify it a bit. Maybe build a structure under it and use that as the cap. I'll give your suggestions a try and see what I can come up with. It's been a "secondary" project to my others and I've been playing with it off and on when I get stuck on the others.. a good distraction to clear my head.
              ________
              Mercedes-benz m273 engine

Comment

• When adding the parts.

Originally posted by dragon View Post
                Since it's made out of steel already I may have to modify it a bit. Maybe build a structure under it and use that as the cap. I'll give your suggestions a try and see what I can come up with. It's been a "secondary" project to my others and I've been playing with it off and on when I get stuck on the others.. a good distraction to clear my head.
                Try to build on it not under it. Right now it is a static shield on the inside. So building on it is the only way to do it. Cover it with a dielectric like plastic and then put a cap on the tip over the dielectric. Not a huge tip but just enough to get a good capacitance from. The better the conductor used in the tip the smaller the tip needs to be at that point. Try aluminum because that reacts differently to magnetic events then say copper or steel.
                Last edited by Jbignes5; 10-15-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Should the dielectric ( plastic ) need to cover the entire unit or just the area under the new cap? I have some sheets of PVC that could cover the entire pyramid if needed, I believe I have enough copper sheet to make a cap as well...
                  ________
                  UGGS

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon View Post
                    Should the dielectric ( plastic ) need to cover the entire unit or just the area under the new cap? I have some sheets of PVC that could cover the entire pyramid if needed, I believe I have enough copper sheet to make a cap as well...
                    Yeah just make sure it comes down a bit so that it won't self discharge. If you have it do all the pyramid. Copper would be ok but I think you would get a different aspect by using aluminum. Try the copper for now.

Comment

• according to some of tesla's patents the conical coil would work at any frequency ... why not make the SGATE with conical coils .. also he had coils with adjustable primary positioning

Comment

• I've never worked with a conical coil, might be worth a shot to try. Wind one up and see !
                        ________
                        Asianonstopcum

Comment

• Originally posted by berilium16 View Post
                          according to some of tesla's patents the conical coil would work at any frequency ... why not make the SGATE with conical coils .. also he had coils with adjustable primary positioning
                          Could you please cite the patent numbers? I've heard of these conical coils but never seen any patents or pictures of them. I've only seen the pancake coils or magneto-coil which has substantial capacitance.

Comment

• Originally posted by crackahcrackah View Post
                            Could you please cite the patent numbers? I've heard of these conical coils but never seen any patents or pictures of them. I've only seen the pancake coils or magneto-coil which has substantial capacitance.
                            patent #593,138

Comment

• Ultimate Secret of Free Energy

This thread is a continuation of Lamare's thread, "The Ultimate Secret of Free Energy". The main difference with this thread is that we are not limiting ourselves to either of the three devices such as that of Stanley Meyer, Gray, and/or Puharich. We are looking for simplification of the concept in this thread and want to build something easy to start with and then go from there. We are in the process of trying to come up with circuits that will give us a free energy device. So, feel free to jump in and help us here. This thread is all about building devices to help get us off-grid so that we won't have to pay for our electrical power ever again.

Lamare, we miss you!! We were not trying to steal your thunder with this thread.

Comment

• Jbigness, you mentioned the wimhurst generator as being better than the van de graaff. How large a unit would you need to produce a reasonable amount of output? Construction of a van de graaff would be considerably easier even if the rollers and belt needed to be larger. It seems like the input power requirement would be considerably less with the wimhurst. But... on the other end of the HV requirement if a simple kacher could be made up to do the same thing, where, it may be more advantageous to use a solid state set up... The rotating variable cap doesn't seem like a major problem in construction depending on the amount of capacitance needed. ( total number of plates ).

Just thinking ahead a bit for the next project linking to the dipole thread....
                                ________
                                Depakote Help
                                Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X