Self Generated Wind Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Generated Wind Generator

Hi folks, I saved these pics from another site awhile back and it still has me coming back to think about it. It is basically small wind generators mounted at the periphery of a rotor and power is taken off through a commutator. Now in these pics, he is showing a kind of pinwheel type wind blade, whereas I think the ideal blades would be with a 50/50 symmetrical pitch ratio to push as much air as possible in the opposite direction of rotor rotation to negate as much of the drag as possible. Now of course the propeller blades will slow some when the generators are loaded, however it may be possible that the overall drag of the rotating blades will be much less than the typical lentz load reflection back to the primary drive source which could be any efficient adequate motor for the job. I've never seen any experimental results from a setup like this and if anyone knows of any, I'd sure like to know about it. Also, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how you think this could work to achieve at least a higher efficiency than standard generators or why you think it could be less efficient than standard generator setups, the comparison example being an electric motor attached to a generator. Here are the pics of the device that someone was building, though I have no idea if he tested it or not and I don't think his blades were ideal, even if he tested it.
    peace love light
    Tyson

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Working...
X