• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRC
    replied
    Thanks Mike

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
    Not yet, my problem is the brushes. I could do it with razor blades as I have done in the past but with the expected current it is likely to "weld" to the commutator and ruin it.
    Thanks Mike for your continued dedication to this thread. You have kept interest in it alive and brought new life to it. By the different aspects that
    you have brought to everyone's attention, two new threads have now
    been started the "three battery generating" thread and now the "peg motor"
    thread. These two ideas were brought to our attention here and if it were
    not for you keeping things going here, many of us would not have become aware of these very interesting FE systems. Keep up the good work !

George

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiwater View Post
    Mbrownn, have you tried out your armature yet. I looked at the pictures. Looks like a nice rewind.
    Not yet, my problem is the brushes. I could do it with razor blades as I have done in the past but with the expected current it is likely to "weld" to the commutator and ruin it.

Leave a comment:

• Hiwater
    replied
    Armature Rewind

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
    Here is my first entry into the winding competition

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...P_Obl1yX4P7tJs
    Mbrownn, have you tried out your armature yet. I looked at the pictures. Looks like a nice rewind.

Leave a comment:

• Armagdn03
    replied
    To understand it, you must ask yourself....If I were to turn a motor winding into a tank circuit, what would hinder its resonant rise? Know your variables, manage them.

Leave a comment:

• FRC
    replied
    Thanks Armagdn03

Thanks Armagdn03 for starting the new thread. I skimmed through it but had trouble understanding some of it. The concept does sound very good and those
    interested in the Lockridge device should also be interested in such an efficient
    motor as the PEG motor appears to be.

George

Leave a comment:

• Armagdn03
    replied
    Originally posted by FRC View Post
    When John posted that I tried to find information about the PEG motor. I could
    not find anything. Do you have any links to this info?

George
    It was posted on a private section in another forum. Let me find the information and I will re-post here. I will try and reproduce some of the responses that are relevant too, hope those who contributed do not mind.

I started a thread here

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...peg-motor.html
    Last edited by Armagdn03; 03-08-2012, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FRC
    replied
    Armagdn03

When John posted that I tried to find information about the PEG motor. I could
    not find anything. Do you have any links to this info?

George

Leave a comment:

• Armagdn03
    replied
    Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
    @Armagdn03
    I just wanted to say I was reading A post you made on another group about the Peg motor and it is the best Analysis I have ever seen on a motor of that type. Not that I'm into that but I just wanted to complement you on your work. When you right no one can defeat you epically Ted.
    But I guess they never tried to make it. If I had a way you could use my machines but your far away. The work is excellent and I mean that.
    John B
    Thank you very much! I really appreciate the offer, as I have no way of making spinning things well. I have built linear proof of concepts, but none rotational that worked well (imbalance issues). I now live in Golden Colorado, but go back Utah direction every once in a while. I would love to talk with you, we have missed the opportunity several times now, but all good things to those with patience.

I hoped more people would pick up on that design, but nobody really seemed interested past looking it over and giving it a nod.

Leave a comment:

• FRC
    replied
    Thanks twoody01

This is great. Any additional information like this should be very helpful to
    everyone working on this.

George

Leave a comment:

• twoody01
    replied
    Delco-Remy starter/generator repair manual

I found a repair manual that mite be of help to you. Not sure if this is the one you are rebuilding.

http://www.ccmanuals.info/pdf/Delco-...G%20Repair.pdf

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Here is my first entry into the winding competition

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...P_Obl1yX4P7tJs
    Last edited by mbrownn; 03-07-2012, 03:18 PM. Reason: Forgot the link

Leave a comment:

• twoody01
    replied
    Yanaha Golf Cart starter Generator

Here is a link to the Starter Generator parts.
    https://www.cartszone.com/catalog/ca...rchresults.htm

Leave a comment:

• Hiwater
    replied
    Brush mounting

The brush holders on these delco generators are mounted to the case on one end of the generator housing with rivets. What is did was mark the original position of the brush holders and remove the rivete to get the brush holders out. then used a chop saw to cut slots around the circumfrence of the housing, leaving enough material to still keep the end on without cutting it completely off. This leaves plenty of room to move the brushes most any where you want. Hope this clears that up for you.

The commutator has continuity to each slot all the way around the circumfrence. I think the older 1950 delco were the same as these. some were shorter and longer case. The older fords were set up the same way , but the feild was internally grounded to the case not through the regulator. I will try to get my hand on an early model delco to check out the difference. Most of the early ford 6volt had more feild coil windings. They were shorter feilds with shorter feild poles. The resistance might have been the same i dont know.

Leave a comment:

• mbrownn
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiwater View Post
    Mbrownn, I did manage to get time to slot the generator case on the brush end of the case , so the brushes can be moved 180 degrees if needed. there is a spot where the dc and voltage picks up. Dc 20 volts - ac 40 volts off that one only on commutator section, thats is where the voltage is the highest on the pos side of the armature. The negative side drops down to 8-10 volts. that is the 5th comm segment from the pos brush going against rotation. The other sections lower the voltage.

I did connect a 12 volt heater fan to that section and it picks up and spins like a normal fan would connecting across a battery.

When i was checking with the volt meter to find the highest voltage spot a I grounded the comm bar out to the case and the motor picked up in rpms. I checked this quite a few times the rpm gain was 722-873 rpms. So i connected a 12 volt heater motor fan to the brush i had added to see what would happen. the heater motor picked up and run like normal, but was strange was that the starter generator picked up in speed too. never checked rpm gain at that time though.

Going to do some checking today to see whats is going on. Now if i put a 12 volt bulb on the generator coil it just about stops the starter generator.
    But when i put it on the comm section it gets bright white and rpm picks up. There is absolutely 20v-dc---40v ac. Some times up ti 48 volts ac. I rechecked this many times.
    Im trying to visualize what you are doing, can you draw it?

Is there continuity between all the commutator segments?

Leave a comment:

• Hiwater
    replied
    m-g commutator bars.

I neglected to mention that the commutator bars in the starter generator are just a little wider than the one-quarter inch brush. These are wide segments for the starter portion of the armature. Instead of 2 wires on each bar there are 4. I was wrong in my explanation this am. So hope this helps. Lots of bemf. Iv had sparks come off them the half size of a dime, when iwas omitting some of the slots for pulsing. Sounded like a john deere when it was spinning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X