X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnet Motor layout from Dietmar Hohl - Austria

Hi,

Dietmar Hohl postet his latest layout from his Magnet arragments,
    where it seems like that he got good Results and a high Pressure at the Magnets.

Here are some Videos from the Layout and the Plans.
    YouTube - 3-kW Magnetmotor - MDS-III B10

YouTube - 8kW Magnetmotor - MDS-III

http://www.magnetmotor.at/projekte/M...0B1-Aufbau.pdf

More Links at this Page
    PROJEKT * MDS-III

Translated through Google magnetmotor.at

Now I wish i could afford that lot of Magnets
    Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Good find Bro thanks taking a look now.

Ash

Comment

NP Ash,
      I got the luck that he did post it at the same Forum where i am at also.
      If there are any other Questions about it, i can ask, and help maybe further.
      Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Looks familiar. Ask him what the pressure is going in and coming out.
        Tell him good luck on making it round.
        I've been trying for while and its not easy as one would expect.
        I wish him my best, even though I don't sound that way.
        Matt

Comment

Hi
          You can find these Datas in this Rar-File at Mds_I_II-PDF.
          http://www.magnetmotor.at\projekte\M...DS-III_B10.rar.
          You can Download it from there, unpack it into a Folder and may translate some from it
          with google translator, but i may can help a bit too.
          You can see there 2 Pictures with shielding, and later he do mention
          that he removed the sheet and replaced it with Magnets.

At Picture 3 of 9 from MDS_I_II.pdf the Sidenote right.

"Average Torque without shielding = ~ 1.9NM.
          This importend Diagramm shows that the losses at the entry area from MDS-II 4L Magnetic Accelerator are in Fact 3 nm higher, but we do win at the other Side real 45 mm more on Way. The Acceleration Way is in this case = 185mm!
          The old MDS-I was in comparison only at close 120 mm.

When you take at an Attemt in round a bigger Rotor mass,
          goes this Plus of kinetic Energie full into the Rotor. Shieldings are at this consideration not really needed. "

I know that it is hard to bring Magnets in a row, even at a round row,
          but he is working from time to time on it, and shows all time his Progress.
          He did study H. Johnsons work and tries to build after his Principles,
          and has also got a lot of Guys at the other Forum what like to questioning his work.
          But so far what he do show looks better and more logical
          as a lot other Arangements, what others show. And as you see, he going to use Inertia
          to overcome certain Points, what may is not bad Idea.

The FEMM is a Software to simulate Arrangements with Magents and can be downloaded here.
          Finite Element Method Magnetics: Finite Element Method Magnetics

Comment

Hi there,

this looks interesting ... are there any replications so far?

What is this other forum if it is not a secret?

I can not afford such a big load of magnets, but I want to try to build a single stator and a single rotor may be (haven't tried any magnet setup so far).

(please excuse my lack of knowledge and the stupid questions following)

Do you know if I scale the picture by 1/2, so that I will need 8 times less volume of NdFeB magnets - should I expect the same fields and effects? ...
            Further this FEMM software is 2d, so does the tickness of the stator and rotor matter or just the forces will be different?! .. I see the original one is 18.8mm thick (didn't find any magnet with such a size so far)

... Looking at supermagnete - Die stärksten Magnete der Welt I do not see much N40 ones and even of the others there are no such sizes like Hohl is using. Wondering if he is cutting them somehow or ..

Another (stupid) question if I have the same size, but using for example NFB38 magnet types will the fields and effects be similar - just weaker or stronger or completly different picture?

Thanks,
            b.

Comment

Matthew Jones
              Did overlook your Answer, seems i did overlook it
              He dont say a lot over measurements from input and output,
              but

Bodrin
              I think it works with a different Scale also, with different Magents.
              His Arrangement has for me 2 importend Points.
              The Entry, where he moves the Forces from the one Pole out of the Way,
              and the second is the acceleration over the 4 following Magnets.
              Just about the Scale i have no guesses, because i dont know, how much Magnets you need on the Entry Point,
              to 'Open' it so far, that you can weak it out.
              Also may a big Rotor may is needed, that it overcomes easier the momentum from the Entry.
              Another Point is, that there are shown some other Rotors, what only works at a certain RPM, you cant crank it up from Zero, but need a helping Motor to speed them up, that they become self sustaining.
              I will Pm you the Link to the other Forum.

Comment

Thanks! May be I should get familiar with this FEMM simulation.. do you actually understand if it works just looking at the simulated flux density map?

Comment

Working...
                X