Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wico Magneto

Hi All

I came across this magneto device that I thought others might find interesting. Basically by making and breaking a magnetic loop a voltage is induced, creating a magnetic field, that in turn gets collapsed and induces HV into another coil. See the link for diagram /operation. Shades of PMH?

WICO MAGNETO CYCLE OF OPERATION (TYPE EK)

Regards

John

Originally posted by john_g View Post
    Hi All

I came across this magneto device that I thought others might find interesting. Basically by making and breaking a magnetic loop a voltage is induced, creating a magnetic field, that in turn gets collapsed and induces HV into another coil. See the link for diagram /operation. Shades of PMH?

WICO MAGNETO CYCLE OF OPERATION (TYPE EK)

Regards

John
    Thanks for sharing this, indeed it puts PMH to a practical use. So many forgotten pieces of old technology, no wonder it's hard nowadays to connect the dots.
    And yet, nothing new under the sun after Tesla's time.
    Last edited by barbosi; 03-07-2011, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by barbosi View Post
      Thanks for sharing this, indeed it puts PMH to a practical use. So many forgotten pieces of old technology, no wonder it's hard nowadays to connect the dots.
      And yet, nothing new under the sun after Tesla's time.
      Thanks for that Barbosi.

Another site worth ooking through is :

Hit and Miss Engine Battery and Coil Ignition

Here it can be seen that the backsprike was used to create HV. You are correct, nothing new, we need to relearn and apply these old principles.

Regards

John

Comment

If interested in how magnetos work in airplanes:
        http://eaa691.org/files/Tech%20Note%...20Magnetos.pdf

Comment

Working...
        X