Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bearing for your Pulse motor

New bearing for your Pulse motor

All us Bedini fans are always using old hard disc drive for there bearings and platters to make pulse motors.
    There are times when the old drive motor is not robust enough.
    For some of us that do not have a machine shop to make housings and rotors and press fit bearings we are always looking for something to use as a substitute.

I was going through my discarded car parts box look for something I could use as bearing when I came across an old belt tension bearing and pulley.

Theses are available of many cars from lots of modes and they are available as new parts for a very low price.

I think the photos show the general idea.
    hope this helps.

Hi Rod,

Ive found vcr spindles to have great bearings too. They usually have an aluminum housing as well, which makes them a little more robust.

If you need some basic machining done, give me a yell, I have a chap here who is happy to help. He has a rather LARGE lathe and has done alot of work for me in the past.

Regards
    "Once you've come to the conclusion that what what you know already is all you need to know, then you have a degree in disinterest." - John Dobson

Comment

Working...
    X