Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter Rotating Generator

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Hi folks, I had an idea I thought I would share and see what you folks thought of it.
    The idea is that the center rotor is rotated by a motor and a large gear is attached to top of rotor, that meshes with two smaller gears so a higher speed is caused at smaller gears.
    As shown, four individual neo magnets are mounted on a rotor at each small gear that rotates freely within main rotor using bearings of some kind.

My thinking is that since the main rotor is rotating counter to the smaller rotors that whenever the neo magnets pass a coil, whether the magnet orientation is departing the coil or approaching, the repulsion or attraction force cause by lentz effect in the coil will always aid in the overall motion of the main rotors rotation.
    Another possibility is to do away with the gears and use small motors to rotate the smaller magnet rotors.
    Let me know what you folks think of this and if you think it could work how I've explained it, thanks.
    peace love light
    tyson

Hi SkyWatcher
    An idea that's sort of like your one is to have a coil on the rotor,air core,passing a fixed magnet with a coil around it,the drag to juice on the rotor coil stays at 1-1,but any juice from the fixed coil is free,I do have a setup but can only light a small LED from the fixed coil ATM.
    peter

Comment

CR generator.

Have a look at this simple configuration:

YouTube - Lego Perpetuum Mobile video response

Think what would happen if you pressed your finger on one of the counter rotating disks. The only possible result would be the slowing down of the prime mover disk in the center. There's no way creating drag there can add power to the motor.
      Last edited by synchro; 04-18-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Hi petersone, thanks for the reply, that sounds like an interesting setup you describe.
        Hi synchro, thanks for the reply. You could very well be correct, though a prototype would be the only way to know for sure.
        The only way it could work is if the repulsion or attraction drag caused by lentz effect at the air coil caused the entire rotating structure to rotate in the main rotors direction.
        This idea is different to the video you posted, if i understand clearly what the video is showing.

With my idea, if the small rotor magnet is approaching the air coil, then it will give a repulsion kick to the entire rotating structure, which might cause it not to slow down nor to increase in speed, while extracting power.

And if the magnet is departing the air coil, then it would want to attract back to the coil which again might cause a null situation, not slowing or increasing the main rotor.
        Though of course I understand your concern that it would slow down the main rotor. I think there is potential that it may not slow down or increase speed, it may act as if it doesn't see any load from coil current.
        I can't build this idea at this time, though I thought if someone had the parts, maybe for fun they could see if it had any potential.
        peace love light
        tyson
        edit: what i wish to make clear, is that even if the outer gears are locked, the main rotor connected to the motor is still free to turn, that is why i feel it could be possible to extract current from coil, which yes would be a possible drag on main rotor gear, though relative to to the motor it may still push or pull in the direction of the motors rotation direction and cause a nullifying situation. Hope that makes sense, if not I'll try to explain my thinking better.
        Last edited by SkyWatcher; 04-19-2011, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Hi folks, just wanted to convey an idea i saw on the net some time ago also.
          It had small fan blades on a main rotor with small generators attached to the fan blades, basically the same place the small magnet rotors are on this counter rotating device.
          What I was thinking was, for a cheap prototype test, was to use computer chassis fans and mount them at the periphery of a rotor and use a slip ring to take off the current and the whole assembly driven by a small motor.
          The main rotor will be large enough in diameter so the rpm can be slower and the pc fans can get up to a good speed.
          Let me know what you folks think of that idea.
          The pc fans when loaded will slow down some, though the main rotor they are mounted on should not see much of that loading.
          peace love light
          tyson

Comment

You know Sky..

This guy just about blew up every posted thread not to long ago. He's got one of these running almost verbatim of your plan.
            YouTube - The New And Improved Generator ( speed )

He posted on every thread that was active here about a week ago. I think the admin went in and deleted his post's.

I knew I had seen something similar I just couldn't remember where.

I think he might have hijacked your stuff, but then again maybe not, or it might not matter. I thought you would be interested either way.

Cheers
            Matt

Comment

Hi matthew, thanks for the comments. No, I think he replicated another guys idea and i based this one kind of on that also. Though it is different. Doesn't matter to me whos idea it is, because it's now clear to me, we are all connected and immersed in this same consciousness energy.

That's why people think up the same ideas all the time and people across the world come up with the same ideas at almost the same time.

There is no separation of anything, though some around me in my personal life, still wish to cling to that illusion.
              By the way, what do you think of the PC fan idea.
              peace love light
              tyson

Comment

Working...
              X