Solar Farm California....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Farm California....

Listening to NPR, science friday....They are talking about the solar farm underway currently in the Mojave.

To my understanding it's much like the big boiler tower in spain.

ONE of the the biggest investors is Google.....investing 168 MILLION dollars....

Ok smart guys.....a field full of mirrors....a tower....a boiler tank and a turbine....

Where the heck does all the money really go?

When the powers that be manage to make all energy cheap and green, how much more will it cost US then?

I suggest that some of the guys here could build such a thing for less than a third of only googles investment.....

Google Gives Mojave Solar Project A Boost : NPR <----the program I heard.

Originally posted by 142857 View Post
    Listening to NPR, science friday....They are talking about the solar farm underway currently in the Mojave.

To my understanding it's much like the big boiler tower in spain.

ONE of the the biggest investors is Google.....investing 168 MILLION dollars....

Ok smart guys.....a field full of mirrors....a tower....a boiler tank and a turbine....

Where the heck does all the money really go?

When the powers that be manage to make all energy cheap and green, how much more will it cost US then?

I suggest that some of the guys here could build such a thing for less than a third of only googles investment.....

Google Gives Mojave Solar Project A Boost : NPR <----the program I heard.
    They probably spent half that on property. Even desert property is probably expensive in California. Construction workers there make double anywhere else. It all adds up.
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Working...
    X