Muller generator replication by Romerouk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiting for Bobbins

Here is the first test of the Romerouk coil, While I wait for the formers (bobbins)
    The neo magnet on the back of the ferrite core is very important we can see why he used them now. Once again it was too complicated to be a hoax.

The polarity of the magnet can increase motor speed and out put amplitude or decrease output amplitude. Dependent on magnet pole
    As with all pulse motor design timing is every thing. The only thing that concerns me is the output voltage amplitude the CRO is set on 2 volt divisions. This will double when both coils are in series but I don’t know at this stage how it got to 12 volts. I still think he had the DC to DC converter for a good reason.

Comment

• Hi tornarod, thanks for sharing that test. I will be testing my single coil/core today sometime and gather some data.
      here is a pic of what my makeshift bobbins look like.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      peace love light
      tyson

Comment

• Magnet Biosing

Hi there everyone,
        Just thought id share this with everyone . When i add a bunch of neo magnet's and put them on top of my charges which have ferrite cores the amp draw goes down with the same settings by about 1/3 , similar to what Rod has shown but in a different way . interesting . Cheers Jason
        Last edited by N O G; 09-12-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Hi All,

Still parts gathering, but i wanted to share this. I already shared it at the neighbours, but it might come in handy.

To easy adjust the spacing i suggest a strong magnet, attached to a bolt or screw.

Happy building.

Comment

• Originally posted by N O G View Post
            Hi there everyone,
            Just thought id share this with everyone . When i add a bunch of neo magnet's and put them on top of my charges which have ferrite cores the amp draw goes down with the same settings by about 1/3 , similar to what Rod has shown but in a different way . interesting . Cheers Jason
            Is that the same for both N or S pole of the magnets when attached to the ferrite core? if i reversed the magnets the effect changed by the same amount in the other direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cherryman View Post
              Hi All,

Still parts gathering, but i wanted to share this. I already shared it at the neighbours, but it might come in handy.

To easy adjust the spacing i suggest a strong magnet, attached to a bolt or screw.

Happy building.

good idea. thank you. I will use this on my Muller dynamo. Plastic bolts are hard to find.
              you will need to go to a model airplane store and look at accompany called Dubro.

Comment

• Why DC - DC Converter

Originally posted by toranarod View Post
                Here is the first test of the Romerouk coil, While I wait for the formers (bobbins)
                The neo magnet on the back of the ferrite core is very important we can see why he used them now. Once again it was too complicated to be a hoax.

The polarity of the magnet can increase motor speed and out put amplitude or decrease output amplitude. Dependent on magnet pole
                As with all pulse motor design timing is every thing. The only thing that concerns me is the output voltage amplitude the CRO is set on 2 volt divisions. This will double when both coils are in series but I don’t know at this stage how it got to 12 volts. I still think he had the DC to DC converter for a good reason.

Hi Toranarod

I had a look at some of the specs for DC-DC converters and I would expect, to change the voltage of DC will require it to be pulsed for some sort of transformer action. The devices seem to operate at a high freq - upto Khz, so I wonder if the converter is being used as a form of PWM to reduce current?
                Just my thoughts.

Regards

John

Comment

• Originally posted by toranarod View Post
                  good idea. thank you. I will use this on my Muller dynamo. Plastic bolts are hard to find.
                  you will need to go to a model airplane store and look at accompany called Dubro.
                  Well you could also try a children toy store, they have all kinds of "simple" toys using plastic or wooden screws.

Comment

• Magnet polarity

Originally posted by toranarod View Post
                    Is that the same for both N or S pole of the magnets when attached to the ferrite core? if i reversed the magnets the effect changed by the same amount in the other direction.
                    Hi there Rod,
                    Yer when i flip the magnets it draws more . umm . cheers Jason

Comment

• Originally posted by john_g View Post
                      Hi Toranarod

I had a look at some of the specs for DC-DC converters and I would expect, to change the voltage of DC will require it to be pulsed for some sort of transformer action. The devices seem to operate at a high freq - upto Khz, so I wonder if the converter is being used as a form of PWM to reduce current?
                      Just my thoughts.

Regards

John
                      There is one very important issue with a DC to DC convert that nobody has addressed. I have used them before for other projects. they are not 100 % efficient. they need a lot of power to operate. So even if you connect nothing to the out put of the dc to dc converter they will load down your generator considerably. Here is one of the most efficient switch chips on the market
                      I will give this one a try. if the motor can run its self and run the Dc to Dc converter we will have a winner.

Comment

• Hello,

Just a tought : Romerouk is not using a boost converter but a buck converter . Is to have a stable voltage on the motor coil, nothing else .
                        Hope this help !
                        Obelix

Comment

• Hi all,
                          If looking for plastic bolts, you might try appliance stores. Many washers, dryers, & refrigerators have plastic adjustable feet. Hope this helps.
                          Gene

Comment

• Has anyone heard from Jiffycoil as of late? His builds are usually to perfection. Would love to see his skills and intellect over here. Ive messaged him semi-recently and never heard back.

Comment

• Screws

I did think about that too, and you could use ust simple Wood to Drill a Thread on it. To lock it, you can use another Piece of Plastic with a Thread.
                              Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• [quote=toranarod;140411]There is one very important issue with a DC to DC convert that nobody has addressed. I have used them before for other projects. they are not 100 % efficient. they need a lot of power to operate. So even if you connect nothing to the out put of the dc to dc converter they will load down your generator considerably. Here is one of the most efficient switch chips on the market
                                I will give this one a try. if the motor can run its self and run the Dc to Dc converter we will have a winner. "[quote=toranarod;140411]

Hi
                                He did mention to use a 90% or higher efficient dc dc converter.
                                I think it is also very important to use an isolated dc dc converter that use a toroid or e core transformer for isolation in "non refective" fashion...
                                That way you don't need all that Jb style switching.

Here is a explanation by Konehead how the regauging works. Keep and mind that kone's drawing is for a repulsion motor but as he explains he has the magnet wrong in the drawing . So it is actually as we want to use it. Coil will atract rotor and magnet will repulse it after motor pulse.
                                https://sites.google.com/site/altern...c-pulse-motors.
                                Cheers
                                Vissie
                                Last edited by nvisser; 05-13-2011, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X