Muller generator replication by Romerouk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic anisotropy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Magnetic anisotropy is the direction dependence of a material's magnetic properties. In the absence of an applied magnetic field, a magnetically isotropic material has no preferential direction for its magnetic moment while a magnetically anisotropic material will align its moment with one of the easy axes. An easy axis is an energetically favorable direction of spontaneous magnetization that is determined by the sources of magnetic anisotropy listed below. The two opposite directions along an easy axis are usually equivalent, and the actual direction of magnetization can be either of them (see spontaneous symmetry breaking).

Magnetic anisotropy is a prerequisite for hysteresis in ferromagnets: without it, a ferromagnet is superparamagnetic.

--------

Superparamagnetism is a form of magnetism, which appears in small ferromagnetic or ferrimagnetic nanoparticles. In sufficiently small nanoparticles, magnetization can randomly flip direction under the influence of temperature. The typical time between two flips is called the Néel relaxation time. In the absence of external magnetic field, when the time used to measure the magnetization of the nanoparticles is much longer than the Néel relaxation time, their magnetization appears to be in average zero: they are said to be in the superparamagnetic state. In this state, an external magnetic field is able to magnetize the nanoparticles, similarly to a paramagnet. However, their magnetic susceptibility is much larger than the one of paramagnets

Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Originally posted by toranarod View Post
      Data
      Recorded RPM 4557
      Magnets site on rotor diameter of 170 millimeters.
      We have a Magnet speed of 128 Kmh.
      35790 mm a second.
      coil had a Diameter of 14 mm.
      L= 9.2mH / .92 Ohm
      T=L/R
      This took the magnet 391 micro Seconds to pass the coils.
      This coil L/R = .0092/.92 = .01
      The new coil L/R = .0038/.56 = .0068

4457 RPM / rpm = .0068/.01
      rpm = 6573

I think this sounds about right.

Comment

• Unfortunately the video is in spanish...which i don't speak

SFCM 10/11:5 Diseño de materiales magnéticos a la carta - YouTube

The possibility of tailoring the properties of a magnetic material to obtain the best performance in a given application has been traditionally an unreachable dream. Until recently the main research effort was dedicated to obtain specific materials for a wide range of applications i.e. soft magnetic materials, hard magnetic material, recording media, etc.. These materials were used in different devices with small modifications because their magnetic behavior was implicit to its composition or crystalline structure
        Amorphous and nano crystalline materials were a very important change because they were like an unwritten book and its anisotropy and its soft or hard magnetic behavior was easily controlled by using different thermal treatments.
        Nowadays the magnetic material seems more like an additional component of an integrated device. It is just an additional process, similar to the inclusion of a conductive path or the inclusion of transistors...Actually the magnetic anisotropy is almost perfectly controlled and the use of high vacuum and clean room techniques allows the growing of multilayer materials with excellent interfaces and the exchange interaction is a new element of design.
        In the talk we will make a revision of the different techniques to perform the magnetic materials tailoring and its application to some devices or to solve some technical problems.
        Seminarios Internacionales de Fronteras de la Ciencia de Materiales Aula de Seminarios Departamento de Ciencia de Materiales E. T. S. de Ingenieros de Caminos, UPM C/ Profesor Aranguren s.n. 28040 Madrid Para más información contactar con: Dr. José Ygnacio Pastor (+34) 913 366 684. jypastor@mater.upm.es Vídeo Realizado por el Gabinete de Tele-Educación de la Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, grabado por el departamento ciencia de los materiales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadesz;157392I

I think the 'conical' coil (core) face on a Muller is akin to a flat coil (core) face on the Adams. I believe it has to do with the rotor magnets line/angle of approach and retreat.

I wonder why square magnets are better than round? They are using square on the new muller design too.
          That is good info thanks for sharing.
          Coincidentally that was one of my thoughts too about a couple of weeks ago. Conical coil, like Tesla Coil, now how does he recommend placing the core towards the magnets, the base of it or the head of it? I thought about facing the base of the cone towards the magnets. Or maybe the sharp head of it be the answer?!

Square magnets do make sense too but with a square core I suppose. Also if we use square magnets we need to build a pyramid type core for our coils.
          Pyramids are great channelers of energy and that is why it might work better. Pyramid means fire in the middle, because it seems that they accumulate energy in their middle.
          Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
          http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

• Originally posted by elias View Post
            I think that that circuit behaves more like the SSG circuit and it draws more current when a load is applied so that can be dismissed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadesz View Post
              I couldn't help but post this here... It is from Romero. The bold is as I suspected. It makes sense to me.

I think the 'conical' coil (core) face on a Muller is akin to a flat coil (core) face on the Adams. I believe it has to do with the rotor magnets line/angle of approach and retreat.

I wonder why square magnets are better than round? They are using square on the new muller design too.
              Michael Faraday stated that electromotive force (EMF) produced around a closed path is proportional to the rate of change of the magnetic flux through any surface bounded by that path.

with a square magnets delta magnetic flux is higher

Electromagnetic induction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-----------------------------

conical coil give the best use of coil (the magnetic flow is maximum close to the magnet less far from it along the coil)

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
                @ elias, when you look at the litz wire (i hope i wrote it correctly ) it only represents the inner core of say for example the Metatron's cube; so where have the outer circles gone....

hint: you'll find them in the muller set up, just look hard (neo )

search this figure, it will give you the right ratios to build the correct coil...It is also called the Nested Circles

compare above picture (fast moving ) if i slow it down and overlap frame by frame (use your imagination) ; you get the outer ring of this:

What do you suggest? Building a 6 magnet rotor, with proportions of the flower of life? and using 7 coils? or using 12 magnets and 13 coils? What about the size of the magnets? I don't quite get it. Can you elaborate on that?

Comment

• @elias pm me the list off all the component that goes into building the Muller motor then we'll talk about it

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadesz View Post
                    Rod,

Do you mind posting a closeup picture of your generator coil mounting assembly on both the Muller and the Adams? I feel there is some important information there.

Good work on that coil! I hope you can find some good from it!

Thanks,
                    David
                    Hello Shadesz

I said some time back my Adams motor worked better than my Muller at load speed increase.
                    Shades. Seem like you where on the money with the idea the parabolic approach of the magnets to the coils is something that needs some investigation.
                    So I decided to resurrect my Adams generator you did say give the Adams another go.
                    So by public demand.

As I said I need the control of the out runner that I have on my Muller so I fitted another out runner today to My Adams motor. This is a much bigger motor and I will be fitting some very large magnets to this one I have also ordered square N45 20 x 20 x 12 neo’s
                    I have a much easer time of making adjustments on the fly with this setup.
                    I have my coil adjustor in the corner and speed controller and interchangeably rotors.

Last edited by toranarod; 09-17-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Rod and Elias,

You guys make me happy!

I hate being a student. I have so many things I want to try, but sometimes those 'Benjamin's' hold you back. $$

I still believe we can pull off an Adams effect on a Muller, but it will take a little more designing.
                      Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's ~BW~ It's kind of fun to do the impossible ~WD~ From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way ~BW~ If I shall be like him, who shall be like me? ~LR~ Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in other people’s ~AN~

Comment

• Originally posted by elias View Post
                        That is good info thanks for sharing.
                        Coincidentally that was one of my thoughts too about a couple of weeks ago. Conical coil, like Tesla Coil, now how does he recommend placing the core towards the magnets, the base of it or the head of it? I thought about facing the base of the cone towards the magnets. Or maybe the sharp head of it be the answer?!

Square magnets do make sense too but with a square core I suppose. Also if we use square magnets we need to build a pyramid type core for our coils.
                        Pyramids are great channelers of energy and that is why it might work better. Pyramid means fire in the middle, because it seems that they accumulate energy in their middle.
                        Point the cone towards the magnets. It is best if the core is sticking out a little. In fact, I believe if the core is pointed that would be even better. (remember my pictures about the angled core face).

If you look at it, the Muller design uses a "cone" shaped coil with the point facing the rotor.

I also remember watching one of Thane's old videos where he said you can get the acceleration effect by pulling the coil back from the magnet. He used a core to do this... currently he claims you don't need a core and recommends an air core. In fact, he told the guys at OU that the core has nothing to do with it. I don't agree with him. I believe a properly designed core will allow us better control of this effect.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling. I think it would be best to point to cone at the rotor.
                        Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's ~BW~ It's kind of fun to do the impossible ~WD~ From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way ~BW~ If I shall be like him, who shall be like me? ~LR~ Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in other people’s ~AN~

Comment

• Originally posted by wings View Post
                          Michael Faraday stated that electromotive force (EMF) produced around a closed path is proportional to the rate of change of the magnetic flux through any surface bounded by that path.

with a square magnets delta magnetic flux is higher

Electromagnetic induction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-----------------------------

conical coil give the best use of coil (the magnetic flow is maximum close to the magnet less far from it along the coil)
                          Interesting. I still don't get why the field would be different with a rectangular magnet? I have tried to find models out there to compare the two but no luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by toranarod View Post
                            Hello Shadesz

I said some time back my Adams motor worked better than my Muller at load speed increase.
                            Shades. Seem like you where on the money with the idea the parabolic approach of the magnets to the coils is something that needs some investigation.
                            So I decided to resurrect my Adams generator you did say give the Adams another go.
                            So by public demand.

As I said I need the control of the out runner that I have on my Muller so I fitted another out runner today to My Adams motor. This is a much bigger motor and I will be fitting some very large magnets to this one I have also ordered square N45 20 x 20 x 12 neo’s
                            I have a much easer time of making adjustments on the fly with this setup.
                            I have my coil adjustor in the corner and speed controller and interchangeably rotors.
                            YAY!

Don't give up on the Muller, lets just learn what we need ot get the "Adam's" effect on the Muller. If can achieve this, we can get twice the output per magnet since we can use both poles of each magnet.

I honestly think there are two things going on here, but need pictures (when you get it put back together) to be sure.

The first is like I mentioned, the path of the magnet in relation to the core.coil.

The second, it appears to me that you use significantly more iron in your Adams coil mount than your Muller Coil mount. I believe both the mass of the core (which may include some of your mounting hardware) helps us achieve this effect. Not only the mass, the design. A picture would help me explain it better...

Comment

• Just thinking

Just a question. What is the advantage of using a permanent magnet over using an electromagnet?

I see permanent magnets used on all these rotors, but so far have not seen any electromagnets used on the rotors.

It seems that the stationary generator coil would not know or care if the rotor magnet was a permanent magnet or an electromagnet.

Has this been tried before and did not work, so permanent magnets are now used?
                              Just wondering.
                              One thing to keep in mind is, man wrote the laws regarding the conservation of energy, not nature.
                              Nature writes it's own laws regardless of what man thinks or does.

Comment

• Oh, another thing to consider... The people who have seen a better effect from the square magnets vs circle magnets may not have considered....

I hope they aren't comparing say a 1" circle magnet to a 1" square magnet as this would not be a fair comparison in my opinion...

The math...
                                The area of a circle is PiR^2 so for a 1 inch circular magnet we get = .785398 square inches on the magnet face

The area of a square is l*w so for a 1 inch square magnet we get = 1 square inch on the magnet face

Thus a circular magnet face with the same measurements as a square magnet face will actually have 21.46 less magnet face area. (Think, the edges of the square that stick out past the circle)

This alone may account for the suspected benefits of cube over cylindrical magnets. I hope the people who ave observed this will help clarify their observations.
                                Last edited by Shadesz; 09-17-2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X