3D Printers reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Printers reference

I thought to share a link i found that references all the 3d printers available on the market as well as the open source/kit project actually on the market. This is probably the best way to go about becoming totally self sufficient.

Rapid Prototyping Equipment - Systems for Less Than $20,000

Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Ok, i found the perfect combination for you guys to start making your own creations (this is just a start):

3D Printer (see above link, to make your mold)

Microwave smelter (link below)

Smelting in a Microwave | Popular Science

I'll add more as i find interesting info...

Comment

3D Printing

Well.. If you do not have both left hands..

Starting from around $350 to...

RepRapWiki

There are e few "open source" 3d printer projects around.

Rapid Prototyping Equipment - Systems for Less Than $20,000

Comment

i could take offense to that since i'm left handed...

ps: the link you mention is included in the first post....
        Last edited by MonsieurM; 05-12-2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Big DIY: The Year the Maker Movement Broke | Epicenter*| Wired.com

GE launched a Facebook campaign targeting DIY makers to share designs for model aircraft and an airport, using 3D printers from the revered independent MakerBot.
          Microsoft presented a handful of proof-of-concept projects for its .NET Gadgeteer, a competitor to Arduino that likewise promises easy-to-build open-source hardware gadgets using Microsoft’s .NET framework and Visual Studio/Visual C# Express. (This miniature arcade cabinet looks awesome.)
          MakerBot got some more competition in the field of inexpensive, easy-to-build-and-use home 3D printers: Ponoko featured the UP! printer on their blog (which comes helpfully pre-assembled), while MAKE featured Ultimaker, which touts its speed. “This is what happens when you do something that’s successful,” MakerBot’s Bre Pettis said. “Other people figure it out, too, and start businesses. More 3D printers are good.”
          ‪UP! 3d printer, makes the 3d printing so easy‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited by MonsieurM; 08-06-2011, 08:14 PM.

Comment

3-D Design Simplified - Technology Review

People can use EndlessForms without any prior 3-D design experience. The user begins by choosing an object from a randomly generated gallery. The site creates a new gallery of variants of the chosen object, and the user selects one of the variants. The process repeats, gradually refining the design into the shape the user desires. Users can share this shape with other users and, if they wish, send the object to a 3-D printing service to render it in a variety of materials, including plastic, silver, and gold-plated steel. A five-to-seven-centimeter plastic model typically costs less than $10.

Comment

If you're talking 3D printers I'm surprised at how no one mentioned the 'objet' machine...I've seen last year in an exibition in Germany and that machine's speed and accuracy was quite impressive, however it is limited by the prototype size and it isn't that cheap.

Comment

Working...
              X