What is a "Standing Wave"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a "Standing Wave"

I don't quite get it. From what I'm gathering ... they are wave forms that Tesla encountered when conducting through the earth(?)

What are their origin?
    What is their waveform like?
    Are they just reflecting the energy back to a receiver with no loss or do they add energy to the circuit?
    Are there more then one type?

And so on.

Standing wave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    YouTube - ‪Creating Standing Waves‬‏

Slideshow
    STATIONARY WAVES

Comment

Thanks! that helped a lot actually. I was really way off in what I was picturing.

Comment

not that easy
        for me standing wave <> stationary wave

stationary wave is just wave bouncing between boundaries

Someone posted nice video, which if proved can explain it very good - many harmonics of standing wave combine into stationary wave, and that stationary wave can even run faster then light !

Comment

"...voltage magnification by standing waves"

That's from Dollard in a paragraph about calculations with Tesla coils. I can fully reference it if someone wants.

When I read that line what I wondered is "is that how a gain in voltage is done? With standing waves? What about in non-Tesla terms?"

Thoughts?

Comment

Standing wave in actual LCR resonating circuits

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post137594

Please read reply 108, 114 and 115.

In reply 108, we have the comparison of the Input and Output Power waveforms. Note that the Output Power Waveform is a standing wave. The sampling of the oscilloscope is fast enough to capture and display the two waves travelling in opposite directions on the same wire.

Such a standing wave has the classic node and antinode (maximum amplitude and minimum amplitude). As shown, that standing wave is not a perfect standing wave but it is a captured actual experimental wave.

This particular standing wave is a result of resonance. At resonance of LCR circuits, it is possible for the pulsing energy from the circuit to bring-in the Electron Motion energy of the orbiting electrons (dipoles). That pulsing order changed the random orientation of the dipoles to a more ordered orientation. The net magnetic effect of the dipoles is no longer zero and can be compared with oscillating magnets.

Experimentally, when we see standing waves in LCR circuit setups, we know that some type of resonance may be taking place. The other common waveform at resonance is pure sine waves no matter the source of input pulsing.

Lawrence Tseung
            Director
            Help Seedlings Innovate Foundation Limited
            Last edited by ltseung888; 07-11-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X