Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance on some basic info please.

Greetings.

I hope you guys do not mind in clarrifying a concept for me.

When a magnet approaches a coil, a current is induced in the coil. When the magnet is directly over the core of the coil, the current ceases, and when the magnet passes the core, the induced current is reversed.

Is that true?

Secondly, If a second coil is wound around the same core (bifilar) then it is triggerred by the induction in the first coil. The first coil is also triggerred by the induction caused in the second coil by the magnet and the initial induction in the first coil is triggered by the passing of the magnet.

Is that true?

Thanks in advance,
    BM
    Last edited by BlueMental; 07-26-2011, 03:27 AM.

I believe the answer for both 2 questions are yes.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMental View Post
      When a magnet approaches a coil, a current is induced in the coil. When the magnet is directly over the core of the coil, the current ceases, and when the magnet passes the core, the induced current is reversed.
      Upon passing the center position, the coil will form
      a magnetic field of attracting polarity towards the
      receding magnet opposite to what it had upon the magnet
      approaching the coil.

Originally posted by BlueMental View Post
      Secondly, If a second coil is wound around the same core (bifilar) then it is triggerred by the induction in the first coil. The first coil is also triggerred by the induction caused in the second coil by the magnet and the initial induction in the first coil is triggered by the passing of the magnet.
      It may be interpreted that a bifilar coil could be set to work as you state.
      The trigger coil is a component dependant entity. The natural response of
      a bifilar coil is for each of the two coils to form flux fields with magnitudes
      reliant on their guage and number of turns in proportion to the intensity of
      the magnetic force being directed at them.

Comment

Working...
      X