Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondering...is there something similar to this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering...is there something similar to this?

Will this function as a solid state generator thus eliminating the loss that mechanical motion creates?

>All coils are metal cored(best combination to provide max efficiency)
    >The red box is a switching mechanism switching 1,2 & 3 repeatedly to simulate the approach and departure of a magnet from a coil
    Thanks

Broadly yes - I like the design of pre, during and past as a solid state simulation
    There are a few vids on my YouTube channel showing such an effect, there will be many by others too. The rotor is 'merely' spinning the magnets past the coil(s), however there are the torque effects of a spinning assembly which are usually not brought into play. Some do, but most designs focus on power out of the coils.

I'm going along the same lines and want to explore the natural frequencies and trigger times too. Stationary would seem to offer much more flexibility for testing. Was that your thinking ?

Comment

thanks for the reply, nice work you got on your utube channel. This is the simplest design of the concept, it can be made in many other ways.
      About the natural frequencies and trigger time, I'd say that the frequency of voltage fed into the coils is the only think that we should worry to find because the trigger frequency of a coil is known to be proportional to the voltage induced(the more intense the higher the voltage). Although in the previous diagram this is not clearly shown. I think that we have to have the same tension and frequency a permanent magnet internally has to be sucesfull and then the trigger times would only affect the voltage produced.

Comment

Working...
      X