Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much do I need ? ? ?

Hello all

I want to convert my house to a alternative energy , not sure if solar or wind ... or water turbine .

But I've been looking on the net to find a way to calculate my needs ...

Do I need a 10Kw generator or a 80Kw generator ....

Can anybody refer me to a website or tell me where I can find a way to know what I need ?

Regards

Spiderjeff

Best plan..

I recommend that you join an off grid group on yahoo, these guys are masters of knowing how much power an item takes.

I recommend first doing the following.

1. Buy a killawatt meter, and find out how much power items take even when powered off many electrical devices leach power. Sometimes best to put in power strips so you can fully power them off.

Amazon.com: Kill a Watt Meter: Everything Else

2. Insulate your home. find where you are loosing the most energy in your home and work out.

After you have reduced your energy usage down, you can then take a look at what your real needs are. Often you don't need as much power as what you started off thinking because you don't use as much / you are getting better appliances that save you money in the long run for the energy costs.

Cheers

Originally posted by spiderjeff View Post
    Hello all

I want to convert my house to a alternative energy , not sure if solar or wind ... or water turbine .

But I've been looking on the net to find a way to calculate my needs ...

Do I need a 10Kw generator or a 80Kw generator ....

Can anybody refer me to a website or tell me where I can find a way to know what I need ?

Regards

Spiderjeff
    See my experiments here...
    http://www.youtube.com/marthale7

You do not have to prove something for it to be true. However, you do have to prove something for others to believe it true.

Comment

Working...
    X