Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little known facts, phenomena, tips, tricks, and misconceptions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little known facts, phenomena, tips, tricks, and misconceptions...

The idea for this thread came after reading the: "* SPECIAL EVENT * August 4, 2011, 7pm Pacific Time Zone" thread. And reading about a lot of different methods to improve battery use/efficiency. That were all new to me. I've been looking into the alternative energy and "free energy" field for a long time. But I'm only one person, so my range of knowledge is limited.

The idea for this thread is to have a single point, reference thread - as it were. Where we can pool our knowledge on: facts, phenomena, tips, tricks, and misconceptions.

It would be best to keep this thread to just listing of the "info", and linking to other threads where it's being discussed or to other locations with more information. So that this thread doesn't get out of hand with multiple sub discussions taking place on specific topics.

To start off:

There is an MIT video on youtube which shows how capacitors work (can't find the link at the moment). The common misconception is that the charge is stored on the plates. The video shows that its not the case - that the charge is stored in the dielectric (the bit between the plates), in the case of the video - on the glass.

I posted the following in the: "How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply" thread. The info is from the 15th DVD in the energy from the vacuum series.

Originally posted by Savvypro View Post
    The lithium additive is mentioned from 1h 25min on disk 15
    The claim for the reaction :

The name is given on screen from 2h 01min as: Lithium tri-oxide
    Automotive lithium grease is mentioned as a compound that does work.

Doing a little digging with google and it seams that the additive has been registered as Clean Power - 1 (see: epa.gov/oms/regs/fuels/additive/web-gas.htm)

The following pdf has a writeup about it: http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/arc.../N/N199804.PDF

The patent stated is 4,668,247 (http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat4668247.pdf)

Also from that DVD is the trick if you will, of running lights on 70,000 hertz ac and being able to get 3 times more light from the same amount of input power. Or the same amount of output light for 1/3 the amount of input power.

. . .
    Regular service Signature:
    Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Originally posted by Savvypro View Post

To start off:

There is an MIT video on youtube which shows how capacitors work (can't find the link at the moment). The common misconception is that the charge is stored on the plates. The video shows that its not the case - that the charge is stored in the dielectric (the bit between the plates), in the case of the video - on the glass.

I posted the following in the: "How to turn plastic waste into diesel fuel cheaply" thread. The info is from the 15th DVD in the energy from the vacuum series.

Also from that DVD is the trick if you will, of running lights on 70,000 hertz ac and being able to get 3 times more light from the same amount of input power. Or the same amount of output light for 1/3 the amount of input power.

‪How a Capacitor Works - by Dr. Oliver Winn‬‏ - YouTube

Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

The MIT video I mentioned above is as follows: ‪MIT Physics Demo -- Dissectible Capacitor‬‏ - YouTube

The capacitor used is a Leyden Jar.

. . .
      Regular service Signature:
      Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

Working...
      X