Friction Steam Generator????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friction Steam Generator????

Newbie here. Just stumbled on this site and the amazing steam generator. But I am puzzled at the lack of current info on the progress of anyone using or building the steam generator. What has happened? Is anyone using one of these units with any success? There has been no activity on the original thread since January of this year. I hope someone has been successful in making a full sized unit functional. All I am initially interested in is producing heat and maybe later power a generator so I can get off the grid.

I dont think it produced enough steam required for sustaining a large enough engine. wood gas on the other hand can run cars trucks and generators.

Comment

i watched a video some years ago about a wood friction heater making steam and was very impressed with it and the volume of wood consumed with the process.
      i have built magnetic heaters as well and worked with friction type heaters and cavitation devices over the years.
      i have resently gone back to looking at wood friction heaters after reading some information by walter russel and rosemary ainsly not sure i got the spelling correct.
      the design for this type of unit is the tricky part so far i have just been testing and am not sure it is the best way to go but it uses very little wood for temperatures up to 250F and with little wood gas produced right now i am thinking it is very much a speed function for a resonance action within the steel and this due to the thickness of the steel being acted upon.
      the similarities to magnetic heaters are very consistent.
      Martin

Comment

So is your design considered a friction steam generator? I haven't read the entire thread about the friction steam generator, but from what I have read, it seems it would work if running continous. However it still may not produce enough steam to operate a generator. It was also stated that the end of the wood would char up and cause less steam to be produced, especially if you want to start and stop it. Seems like another type of material would be the way to make this thing work. If I can just produce enough steam to heat my house it would be worth it, I am tired of cutting firewood.

Comment

Originally posted by randyf350 View Post
          So is your design considered a friction steam generator?
          Are you thinking of the Frenette heater? See:
          http://www.free-energy-info.com/Chapter14.pdf
          Page 10 and 11.

Comment

The Frenette heater is unique, but hard to find the sweet spot where the RPM's generate the most vibration to create a the friction needed to heat the fluid inside. If you want to reduce your firewood consumption, check out the rocket stove. Many sizes and configurations from cooking to heating houses. This is the most fuel efficient heater ever designed. Besides using only branches and small wood pieces to heat and cook with, it creates extremely high temperatures. Rocket Stove Design Base - Home Good Luck. stelath

Comment

No, I am refering to the Lloyd Tanner friction steam boiler. There is a lengthy thread about it on this forum.

Comment

friction steam generator

Yes this is a viable concept, yes this is incredibly efficient, I'm currently working on a system where boiler is stationary and wood pieces rotate around, that way capturing the steam pressure isn't compromised by rotating fittings

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                  The Frenette heater is unique, but hard to find the sweet spot where the RPM's generate the most vibration to create a the friction needed to heat the fluid inside. If you want to reduce your firewood consumption, check out the rocket stove. Many sizes and configurations from cooking to heating houses. This is the most fuel efficient heater ever designed. Besides using only branches and small wood pieces to heat and cook with, it creates extremely high temperatures. Rocket Stove Design Base - Home Good Luck. stelath
                  The url posted is down!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X