Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish Beer Can

Hi Chet,

I always like to hear about your beer can hunt. I don't think that 500ml can is tall enough for our needs here in US. I don't think it can be tuned to 60 hz. I think you're going to need a taller can such as one of the American energy drink cans or fruit drink cans. Some of the fruit drink cans are 24 oz and they are tall enough to give us the 200 mm can Mr. "C" suggested for us. The American cans are different diameter also as Jason discovered, which may effect the mix too. Anyway, I hate seeing you burn up all that gas and energy chasing that illusive Polish beer can. I want you to have a can really bad. I can't wait to see your exhibit, sonic boiling device. I know it will be a very well made innovative cool device.

Best Regards,
    Slovenia

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
    boguslaw
    How long are the polish cans??
    They wanted me to order a Pallet of beer today?[and I don't drink [anymore]]

I'm going down to the local market and grabbing a Big can [cheap] and tune it!
    This project is gonna drive me to drink!!

Thanks
    Chet
    @ Dragans
    Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
      reposting what Peter Davey wrote on his patent:

Slovenia just posted an important information on Peter Davey 's Patent, i took the liberty of capturing the info concerning the sonic boiler:

and compare it with a slice view of the Moe Joe Cell

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post155601

Thanks for posting this it certainly makes a few light bulbs go off ...consider this Peter Davey actually has a set of capacitors here connected in parallel the dielectric is a combination of air and of course water.
      As you can see when I threw a few spoons into the equation the current drawn from the supply altered with time and hence temperature, now consider what would be the effect of being able to vary that capacitance relative to the temperature in effect “tune” the current with variable capacitance, i.e. alter the capacitance by changing the dielectric that is swapping air for water … Mmmm hows Peter done that ? The water cant enter far into Peters cone unless he puts a hole in the top where he wishes it to. (try putting a glass upside down into water and you'll see you can even burn a candle in there for a short time if you want) as the water heats up the trapped air in the sections Peter has left blocked up it would expands and expel the water this of course alters the capacitance and hence can hold “resonant tuning” In short the very shape is designed such that It effectively keeps tuned to maximum Reactive power (perhaps).. lets Just go and do it!
      Here's a few links to try and amplify what we are trying to tune to. how and why
      True, Reactive, and Apparent power : POWER FACTOR
      https://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~lab100/ls1notes.pdf
      you will notice that area of the plates and the distance between the plates and the dielectric (which we are going to fashion to be variable) play a part … where's all the scribblers give us some likely dimensions and we'll construct!
      Whatever you can do,or dream you can,begin it.Boldness has genius,power and magic in it.Begin it now.

Comment

• Duncan

Thanks Duncan for sharing on our thread. We're glad to have you here!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
          Thanks for posting this it certainly makes a few light bulbs go off ...consider this Peter Davey actually has a set of capacitors here connected in parallel the dielectric is a combination of air and of course water.
          As you can see when I threw a few spoons into the equation the current drawn from the supply altered with time and hence temperature, now consider what would be the effect of being able to vary that capacitance relative to the temperature in effect “tune” the current with variable capacitance, i.e. alter the capacitance by changing the dielectric that is swapping air for water … Mmmm hows Peter done that ? The water cant enter far into Peters cone unless he puts a hole in the top where he wishes it to. (try putting a glass upside down into water and you'll see you can even burn a candle in there for a short time if you want) as the water heats up the trapped air in the sections Peter has left blocked up it would expands and expel the water this of course alters the capacitance and hence can hold “resonant tuning” In short the very shape is designed such that It effectively keeps tuned to maximum Reactive power (perhaps).. lets Just go and do it!
          Here's a few links to try and amplify what we are trying to tune to. how and why
          True, Reactive, and Apparent power : POWER FACTOR
          https://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~lab100/ls1notes.pdf
          you will notice that area of the plates and the distance between the plates and the dielectric (which we are going to fashion to be variable) play a part … where's all the scribblers give us some likely dimensions and we'll construct!

in other words, you are talking about

Helmholtz resonance is the phenomenon of air resonance in a cavity, such as when one blows across the top of an empty bottle. The name comes from a device created in the 1850s by Hermann von Helmholtz, the "Helmholtz resonator", which he, the author of the classic study of acoustic science, used to identify the various frequencies or musical pitches present in music and other complex sounds

you should check out this thread http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post155886, you may find some interesting info and Thank you for your insight, i learn quite a bit from you

you will have to forgive me though, i am a visual person....math and formulas although i can make the effort to grasp them...I rather go the geometric way...ie experimental way
          Last edited by MonsieurM; 10-28-2011, 11:37 PM.
          Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• video

MrCornfused's Channel - YouTube

A video of the can i've been working on. Its not real clear, but it does give ya all an idea of what im doing. It bounces the nail pretty good at 75 hz, so i think i got some more shortining of the can to do.
            Cheers, Jason

Stereo System Test & Analysis Tones by Nino B. the website where I downloaded the frequency mp3's
            Last edited by cornfused; 10-29-2011, 04:19 AM. Reason: link for frequency

Comment

• Thanks!!

Jason,

Thanks for sharing your video and tones link with us. Great job!! We appreciate the way you have joined in and shared with us.

Best Regards,
              Slovenia

Originally posted by cornfused View Post
              MrCornfused's Channel - YouTube

A video of the can i've been working on. Its not real clear, but it does give ya all an idea of what im doing. It bounces the nail pretty good at 75 hz, so i think i got some more shortining of the can to do.
              Cheers, Jason

Stereo System Test & Analysis Tones by Nino B. the website where I downloaded the frequency mp3's

Comment

• I agree on this! I have several setups after my more exact replication, reason for this is that my beer cans loose material, maybe this wont happen if res is perfect

Pulsing dc at 300V at different freq give me huge amount of HHO, dont want that in my piping

One thing I am testing is running my circulation pump with pulses to come close to boiling for higher cop!

Time will tell??

Kind rgds D

Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
                We have a lot of smart minds on this thread. This is a very easy device to make. It's not at all complicated. Many of you are so intelligent that you can't believe in this device because of it's simplicity. Even my untuned American pop can with a European sized ring boiled water very fast. I wanted to jump the gun and see what this device would do. Even though simple, we have all the necessary information to replicate this device and have something very good to use. So, my recommendation is to build the device to the inventor's specs first before you try something else. I would suggest using either stainless steel or titanium for the ring however. The tin can metal ring I made was for proof of concept only and it got rusty while being used during the first trial.

Anyway, I have watched your posts, and we have many very smart guys here looking at this. The inventor is also a very very very smart guy like maybe some of you. Let's build his device and see what you come up with. If you like, you can deviate later and make a harder to make device.

Cheers
                "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                  boguslaw
                  How long are the polish cans??
                  They wanted me to order a Pallet of beer today?[and I don't drink [anymore]]

I'm going down to the local market and grabbing a Big can [cheap] and tune it!
                  This project is gonna drive me to drink!!

Thanks
                  Chet
                  @ Dragans
                  Thank you
                  Hi Chet

Normally Polish beer cans are 500ml and about 160mm long (150mm to the point of shape change going to bevel) but I found a promotional longer can 568ml and measure about 189mm total length.Still this is not required 200mm for USA 60Hz :-( You probably need 650 ml can.

I would like to send you a few cans but shipping costs would be overkill and the length is still not optimal for your grid frequency.

Please try this site WWW.ZYWIECUSA.COM , though they have only 500ml can which may be too short. Personally I didn't saw 650ml can , only bottles.
                  Last edited by boguslaw; 10-29-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Thanks boguslaw

I guess the only logical thing to do now is let you fellows with access to the proper Can build to the PDF spec.

And we the deprived will have to "wing it" .
                    Of course this will have immediate benefits for comparison.

One thing we should do Slovenia ,Jason, and ?? is agree on a can size
                    agree on a voltage ?

Then we start a baseline 1/4 inch gap down to [or bigger]?? we each try a dimension and share our findings ??

establish a test tank [5 gal plastic pail sounds good [availablity].
                    A test protocol??
                    I would like to start with a cheap can of something I can actually drink
                    [I believe sanding a full can will be easier than an empty can?]

Ideas??
                    perhaps a vote?

Chet
                    PS
                    I see DB is almost ready for a moon launch!![pulsing ,Ac, DC, PC, etc......]{great stuff daemonbart]
                    Last edited by RAMSET; 10-29-2011, 02:15 PM.
                    If you want to Change the world
                    BE that change !!

Comment

• Chet,
                      The clostest can I could find at the local gas station was the red bull 20 oz. I went in there with a set of dial calipers and started measuring. The clerk thought I was nuts. The red bull is a little short, but diameter is really pretty close, and I'm pretty sure we could get this can to bounce that nail really good at the 60 Hz tone. Of course I dont have any previous experience with sound resonance, but I'm just kinda feeling it all out and trying to do what seems logical. I got plenty of old 5 gal. Plastic buckets around here, and I would like to start with 120 a/c. I'm pretty sure I have some stainless and brass .010 shim stock sheets here someplace too that the ring will be made from. As soon as I can get happy with the can tuning, ill post my length. For now, if anyone wants to try a 20 oz red bull, 7 1/4" measured from the bottom of can as it would be sitting on table is a good start, about 75 Hz. It will be later tonight before I get to work on this again, I'll post updates as I get results.
                      Cheers,
                      Jason

Comment

• Agree on USA Specs

Hi Chet,

I agree that we in USA need to agree on how we should proceed. I have been out of the loop with respect to experimenting for a while but intend to get back in the game soon. I changed out my power steering pump and the new one leaks, so I must have got a bad pump. Anyway, that's what I have been doing.

I think 110 volts is probably what we need to use for now and then for efficiency sake maybe go with 220 volts later. I haven't had a chance to test my titanium ring material yet or a longer can. Mr. "C" recommended that we use a 200mm length can after his US replication, so I think that's what he had to get from somewhere and use. To get that length unspliced, we're going to need to go with a 24 oz fruit drink can. There diameter may be a little different too, so that might change length parameters too. I think Jason will find us the right size of can to experiment with soon. He is right on that aspect for us. Thanks Jason!!

I also agree with baselines; saving findings; and comparing findings. I can't wait to get back in the game.

Yes, sanding a full can is a great idea. Sanding a cutoff open can is a real pain in the neck.

The pvc sewer pipe is relatively cheap and what Mr. "C" uses. Of course if you want something you can see through, you're going to have to go with acrylic like I did.

Very good ideas!!!

Best Regards,
                        Slovenia

I guess the only logical thing to do now is let you fellows with access to the proper Can build to the PDF spec.

And we the deprived will have to "wing it" .
                        Of course this will have immediate benefits for comparison.

One thing we should do Slovenia ,Jason, and ?? is agree on a can size
                        agree on a voltage ?

Then we start a baseline 1/4 inch gap down to [or bigger]?? we each try a dimension and share our findings ??

establish a test tank [5 gal plastic pail sounds good [availablity].
                        A test protocol??
                        I would like to start with a cheap can of something I can actually drink
                        [I believe sanding a full can will be easier than an empty can?]

Ideas??
                        perhaps a vote?

Chet
                        PS
                        I see DB is almost ready for a moon launch!![pulsing ,Ac, DC, PC, etc......]{great stuff daemonbart]

Comment

• 24 oz Domestic Cans (USA)

There is another energy drink that comes in 24 oz cans and it is called Mega Monster Energy. It can be had at Walmart & Amazon.com.

I'll find some other fruit drink possibilities too.

Black Star Beer 24 oz cans (US Domestic Beer)
                          Last edited by Slovenia; 10-29-2011, 07:48 PM. Reason: Added Line

Comment

• A Plea to the Daemonbart

Sir
                            It occured to me whilst I was Pittying poor Slovenia for having to do a Job all over from Scratch [his power steering job].

That we as a group could be heading down the same road??
                            Can you please share more about your "Can Dissapearing"?? was this during some DC trials or????????

The Professor has not mentioned {to my Knowledge] an issue with Electrolysis! Having stated this device has run without issue for some years?? [I believe that is what he said].

Please??
                            Thank you
                            Chet
                            If you want to Change the world
                            BE that change !!

Comment

• Electrolysis

Hi Chet,

Thanks for the pittying. I was pittying myself pretty much because that job was enough of a pain the first time around.

Mr. "C" doesn't have a problem with electrolysis. The rings he uses are either titanium or stainless. He prefers the titanium however. I have some titanium and will be testing it soon hopefully. Anyway, he never mentioned electrolysis with either the AC or DC. The boiler is supposed to run is AC and the hydrogen device is supposed to run with DC but electrolysis was never a problem for him. He didn't explain everything he was doing though. He gave us a fair picture but wanted to see us try this first. If we made a good attempt, I was under the impression he might help us fill in some of the blanks.

Best Regards,
                              Slovenia

Sir
                              It occured to me whilst I was Pittying poor Slovenia for having to do a Job all over from Scratch [his power steering job].

That we as a group could be heading down the same road??
                              Can you please share more about your "Can Dissapearing"?? was this during some DC trials or????????

The Professor has not mentioned {to my Knowledge] an issue with Electrolysis! Having stated this device has run without issue for some years?? [I believe that is what he said].

Please??
                              Thank you
                              Chet

Comment

• I couldn't find any fruit juice can, or any other can for that matter, on a google search or in the stores.

But I did pull up those 24oz stainless steel water bottles, several google pages in. They look about the right height and diameter. I'd have to go to walmart and compare to a monster drink can to be sure. No problem getting these.

The only issue I can see is that these would be thicker than a aluminum can.
                                But if they are longer, then this would nullify the thickness issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X