Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. "C" US Specifications

Hi Chet,

Yes, the height of the ring should be 10mm for US & 5mm for Europe; the gap should be 2.52mm for US; and the thickness should be .2mm for Europe & US.

Best Regards,
    Slovenia

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
    S
    Today I am starting the Savic build.

My technique for sanding ,leave the can full,,, buff with 180 emery ,build up a nice sweat ...Open can have a nice drink!!

Can dimensions
    Diameter 72.8 MM

Usable length 180 MM

Slovenia the reason I switched to the Can ??

The professor is building too.........
    So my ring height will be 10 MM? my gap 2.52??

I posted a pic of your pipe/ring spreader !![Heh Heh]

Mine is 3.5 hrs away at home !! [3 days out]

I guess I'll go make a 2.52 ring x 10 MM height

Chet

Comment

• Test

"T Rex 2" [Apprentice handle] Ran these Pics thru
      This is how I plan On running the thermos, Hot lead goes to the Brass ring .[trying to eliminate welding "boguslaw protocol" {hand tools]]
      Just playing with some ideas to keep my Black thermos cap intact [I'll use it for mounting also [removable]

Chet
      PS
      I know .I know .......I'm jumping around between the Two, I had the pics in the puter so I just posted them [after learning How]
      Back to Savic.................
      Last edited by RAMSET; 11-11-2011, 05:08 PM.
      If you want to Change the world
      BE that change !!

Comment

• T-Rex

You are not talking T-Rex as in Mr. Dollard are you?? If so, you are connected very well indeed. I see the #2 on the end of T-Rex, so probably another fella. He knows how to post pics well.

"T Rex 2" [Apprentice handle] Ran these Pics thru
        This is how I plan On running the thermos, Hot lead goes to the Brass ring .[trying to eliminate welding "boguslaw protocol" {hand tools]]
        Just playing with some ideas to keep my Black thermos cap intact [I'll use it for mounting also [removable]

Chet
        PS
        I know .I know .......I'm jumping around between the Two, I had the pics in the puter so I just posted them [after learning How]
        Back to Savic.................
        Last edited by Slovenia; 11-11-2011, 06:49 PM. Reason: Removed Some Pics

Comment

• Ares123

Hi Ares123,

You've made your presence known now, so don't be shy. I can sense you have some intellect. Show us what you got. Most of the guys sharing here are heavy duty dudes building something and we have a lot of expertise here even though we haven't been tooting our own horns.

Best Regards,
          Slovenia

Comment

• This ring is 2 MM gap , I'll do a test then stretch it the final 2.52 gap.,
            I will be testing this Can untuned then I will tune and retest!!

@Ares123
            I'm following some of your suggestions with the ikea for a test before I cut it !
            Chime in whenever you like ,I don't care if your building or not !

Input welcome!!
            Thanks
            Chet
            PS
            "S"The new apprentice is called T Rex at this facility, since thats Erics handle I'll be referring to him as "T Rex 2"
            PPS
            I see daemonbart also had a nice comment on resonance and helping Chester stay warm
            Thank you sir!!
            Last edited by RAMSET; 11-11-2011, 07:26 PM.
            BE that change !!

Comment

• Very Pretty Professional Looking Ring

Very professional good looking ring.

It's good to have T-Rex 2 helping too!!

This ring is 2 MM gap , I'll do a test then stretch it the final 2.52 gap.,
              I will be testing this Can untuned then I will tune and retest!!

PS
              "S"
              The new apprentice is called T Rex at this facility, since thats Erics handle I'll be referring to him as "T Rex 2"

Comment

• Yeah it will be good............

Slovenia
                So you see I cut the ring from the tube leaving a tang for anchoring!

I don't have the proper tools here for a perfect ring so its all grinders!!
                Also "T Rex 2" can't really do anything yet But learn [apprentice] and post Pics

However That will change once we get this going and start trying to Up efficiency !!
                I will probably end up calling him T............

Thanks
                Chet
                PS
                Off to figure a mount
                S, I want to make my ring "Slidable " back and forth.......
                Can you ask P Savic if thats necessary?
                Last edited by RAMSET; 11-11-2011, 07:37 PM.
                BE that change !!

Comment

• Sliding Ring??

Hi Chet,

I see what you're doing with your ring. It looks nice.

As for sliding ring scenario, I asked about that too. It's not necessary. It just needs to be stationed close to the end of the open face of the can with maybe up to 1/8" of can sticking past it but not much more. I've done the can even with the top and it doesn't seem to make much difference at all. I don't see anything wrong with your experiment, but I think Mr. "C" has already done all that experimentation for us.

Best Regards,
                  Slovenia

Slovenia
                  So you see I cut the ring from the tube leaving a tang for anchoring!

I don't have the proper tools here for a perfect ring so its all grinders!!
                  Also "T Rex 2" can't really do anything yet But learn [apprentice] and post Pics

However That will change once we get this going and start trying to Up efficiency !!
                  I will probably end up calling him T............

Thanks
                  Chet
                  PS
                  Off to figure a mount
                  S, I want to make my ring "Slidable " back and forth.......
                  Can you ask P Savic if thats necessary?

Comment

• Getting ready to water test ..............{ after Coffee !=}

Chet
                    Last edited by RAMSET; 11-11-2011, 08:40 PM.
                    BE that change !!

Comment

• Gaps!!

Mr. "C" says that for an efficient sonic boiler his recommendations for the gap need to be followed, (i.e.: 2.1mm for Europe, & 2.52mm for USA).

He said also that if the cans are not tuned properly that the results are not going to be so good. He said the US can needs to be tuned to exactly 60 Hz while the European can needs to be tuned to exactly 50 Hz. According to him, if your can is not tuned properly you are going to have a very inefficient sonic boiler. There you have it.

Comment

• Very Cool!!

Hi Chet,

Wow, very innovative ideas. Very interesting test setup indeed.

Best Regards,
                        Slovenia

Getting ready to water test ..............{ after Coffee !=}

Chet
                        Last edited by Slovenia; 11-11-2011, 10:57 PM. Reason: Removed Pics

Comment

• Tapering The Can

Mr. "C" made reference to tapering the can again. He said you need to use as fine a sand paper as you can get and hand polish the can until it is fine tuned to the proper frequency. He said it took him two weeks to hand sand one of his cans. He said he spent two hours a day sanding tapering it with the finest sand paper he could get. He said it's very hard indeed to get it tuned just right but that when you do it is a very efficient boiler.

Comment

• May have over sanded a bit

The emery started getting wet,then I noticed My Pants were getting wet,
                            Then I saw an ittsy bittsy stream of water coming from a pin hole in the can!

So I'm done sanding and the can is now empty ,it feels like its made of Paper,so thin!!!!!

Should vibrate quite well!

Chet
                            BE that change !!

Comment

• Fun Running

You'll have fun putting the power to it. Even without mine being tuned it worked very well. It's a very interesting heater.

The emery started getting wet,then I noticed My Pants were getting wet,
                              Then I saw an ittsy bittsy stream of water coming from a pin hole in the can!

So I'm done sanding and the can is now empty ,it feels like its made of Paper,so thin!!!!!

Should vibrate quite well!

Chet

Comment

• Top of The Can

Hi Chet,

Are you going to leave the top of the can on your experimental can? I was just wondering. Thanks.

Best Regards,
                                Slovenia

Comment

Working...
                                X