Peter Daysh Davey Water Heater Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant edit previous post.

Ramset thank You for your work and sharing.
    I cant share much because my work progress is very slow (dont have much spare time)
    So please anybody with some findings lesser or greater please post here.

Comment

• For another thread

Ares123
      This test was for the TK thread They are trying to compare Light bulb "Brightness" to establish "Power Out"

All this shows [My test} Is Calorimetry

They can use their Bulb with out changing anything and heat some water
      and do some math?

The size of the bulb is not so important as the Watts consumed and the rise in temp over time...............

Just putting an idea out there for the experimenters,they could of course Heat air ? But there is so Much more info on water and Btu's to compare.

Besides I think Its Funny.................

Chet
      If you want to Change the world
      BE that change !!

Comment

• Don's Device

Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
        Hi Tektron,

Yes, I know. She's the book keeper and there just isn't any money in the kitty any more since I retired. If I could drive on water and get off grid, things would be much better!!

Best Regards,
        Slovenia
        Hi Slovenia in your situation I think you should try Don Smith device to go off grid.
        Go to the other thread: of 'Don Smith devices too good to be true' and there are certain guys who have the know how.
        Wish you luck and yes marriage has to be continually fed to keep going as boguslaw said.
        Regards.

Comment

• Thanks!!

Hi Guruji,

Very nice to hear from you. Thanks for the recommendation. Yes, it looks like great minds are going somewhere on that Don Smith thread. It's pretty incredible stuff. Thanks!!

Best Regards,
          Slovenia

Originally posted by Guruji View Post
          Hi Slovenia in your situation I think you should try Don Smith device to go off grid.
          Go to the other thread: of 'Don Smith devices too good to be true' and there are certain guys who have the know how.
          Wish you luck and yes marriage has to be continually fed to keep going as boguslaw said.
          Regards.

Comment

• Any Relationship is like a bank account (considering today's economy )n you can't keep on withdrawing....

happy belated thanksgiving guys
            Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Hi

I beg to differ.
              We are all here because we tried a lot of OU on different threads and failed. Some with less and some with more knowledge.

So I think that we were so excited about this MrC device or Davy because they look simple(but is complex) and don't need some electronics.

So I think if we are unable to tune or build this device is better to drop all this OU thing, because we wont replicate anything more. Example other "successfull" projects here - there are so many factors in equation that you will be demoralized 10 percent into the project let aside cost of equipment and very dangerous play with high voltage, wich I am afraid of and I studied electronics. It goes into energetics precautions. And I doubt many here are trained with that.

Until someone publish 100% schemes and plans and calculations I will not tuch that. It always starts entusiastic threads and then dies out with no results.

So back to boiler. If Slovenia started and with his truthful attitude brought this thread this far let it not just share the same faith.
              So we stay oncourse. Find acoustic/mechanical ressonance of can ant then procede further.
              Ramset and S you are quite brilliant builders so I am busy to find some common object resonate at 50Hz if I find one 60 will publish right away.
              If aluminium is crucial element bothers me.(and I tend to this side MonsieurM once posted about water diode) .
              Also I would like to know where calculations come from Mr C. For 65mm diameter of can and 150mm cut and 2,1mm.S please ask him, or I can give You set of questions on which he may answer, You can give me in original language and I will translate this properly and give You S back that You will publish it here.

Please help out if anybody thinks that knows formula behind.

Thank You
              Last edited by Ares123; 12-01-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                Regards.
                Which of the Don Smith devices?

Has anyone made any of them work?

Comment

• Don Smith Working Device

It sounds like Zilano knows how the device works. She's leaving a lot of very cool information on that Don Smith thread. I think a few of the folks have something running, but they don't seem ready to share full details with the general populace yet. I think if you're a friend of some of these guys they might share full details. Right now Zilano and Daemonbart seem to be wanting to share.

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
                  Which of the Don Smith devices?

Has anyone made any of them work?

Comment

• Lets see
                    Who has them Running so far

Wesley and his crew

Energia 9 [from OU.com]

Daemonbart wants to know how to charge batteries with his running unit

Wattsup had his Coming to life last night....

Of course Tiger has his doing push ups in the parking lot .....

Who else???
                    BE that change !!

Comment

• Don's device versus Dave' Heater

Originally posted by Ares123 View Post
                      Hi

I beg to differ.
                      We are all here because we tried a lot of OU on different threads and failed. Some with less and some with more knowledge.

So I think that we were so excited about this MrC device or Davy because they look simple(but is complex) and don't need some electronics.

So I think if we are unable to tune or build this device is better to drop all this OU thing, because we wont replicate anything more. Example other "successfull" projects here - there are so many factors in equation that you will be demoralized 10 percent into the project let aside cost of equipment and very dangerous play with high voltage, wich I am afraid of and I studied electronics. It goes into energetics precautions. And I doubt many here are trained with that.

Until someone publish 100% schemes and plans and calculations I will not tuch that. It always starts entusiastic threads and then dies out with no results.

So back to boiler. If Slovenia started and with his truthful attitude brought this thread this far let it not just share the same faith.
                      So we stay oncourse. Find acoustic/mechanical ressonance of can ant then procede further.
                      Ramset and S you are quite brilliant builders so I am busy to find some common object resonate at 50Hz if I find one 60 will publish right away.
                      If aluminium is crucial element bothers me.(and I tend to this side MonsieurM once posted about water diode) .
                      Also I would like to know where calculations come from Mr C. For 65mm diameter of can and 150mm cut and 2,1mm.S please ask him, or I can give You set of questions on which he may answer, You can give me in original language and I will translate this properly and give You S back that You will publish it here.

Please help out if anybody thinks that knows formula behind.

Thank You
                      Ares you're right that it's a bit dangerous regarding high voltage but once it's build rightly it's much more than just heating. It's a small power station.

Comment

• Test of new setup!

Hi,

50 liter of water rise 30 deg celsius in one h, = 1500 X 4,18 = 6270 kJ
                        6270 / 3600 = 1,74 kWh

Input energy 360W = 360 Wh = 0.360 kwH

COP = 1,74 / 0,360 = 4,83

True COP = 4,83 X 1,2 = 5,8 (I have about 20% loss from test tank)

This setup based on IKEA thermos.

Kind rgds D
                        "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• Mr DB
                          Quote:

Test of new setup!
                          Hi,

50 liter of water rise 30 deg celsius in one h, = 1500 X 4,18 = 6270 kJ
                          6270 / 3600 = 1,74 kWh

Input energy 360W = 360 Wh = 0.360 kwH

COP = 1,74 / 0,360 = 4,83

True COP = 4,83 X 1,2 = 5,8 (I have about 20% loss from test tank)

This setup based on IKEA thermos.

Kind rgds D

---------------------------------------------
                          HHMMmmmmm
                          Now I will see what it takes to do this conventionally??
                          And compare Notes!!

Very very Nice Mr. DB [and Mrs.DB]

Thank you
                          Chet
                          BE that change !!

Comment

• Had to go to my boys birthdat party

My test from last night

1 liter 14 minutes 17.6 -C start temp 23.2-C finish temp [total rise 5.6 C }
                            Total Killowatt Hrs .01 [10 watts]

Looking at my results from last night and comparing them To DB's test

I got my but kicked................

and to be quite honest these results where some of the best yet !

Daemonbart
                            this is quite amazing!!
                            WOW
                            Chet
                            BE that change !!

Comment

• Hi DB

Please can you share with us?
                              Please can you do some scheme how your boliler looks (is mounted)
                              and measurments of cutoff and ring. Please. Maybe Ramset did just one err to get such results. If he replicates it then I belive You fully.

Best regards

Comment

• a nice warm house.............

Thats all
                                I just want to make a nice warm House

Well maybe a few Grandmas Too...........

Well Maybe Clean [desalinate]some water in Africa..........
                                I want Slovenia to be able to Take his wife back to where he grew up in Africa and drop off a nice little Desalination unit while He's there.

Well Maybe...................??

Thats all!!

So DB
                                I'm gonna play tonight ![I'm just getting started]

Perhaps some help??

Thanks
                                Chet
                                Last edited by RAMSET; 12-02-2011, 12:46 PM.
                                BE that change !!

Comment

Working...
                                X