Peter Daysh Davey Water Heater Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning

We need to find a way to tune our IKEA device electronically. The stainless steel used in this thermos does appear to be a much better choice than aluminum. If we are going to use both inside tubes effectively, we also need a ring assembly that will adjust to each tube and with the IKEA thermos, there is an inner tube and an outer tube. For an assembly such as this with both an inner and outer tube, we are going to have to use a flat plate for our neutral ring and that will have to be adjustable and adjust in from one end to correspond with both the inner and outer tubes of the IKEA setup.

So, if you have an electronic background and know of a simple electronic device we could use to bring our IKEA thermos into tune we'd very much like to hear from you at this time.

A lot of the hydrogen guys were utilizing similar electronics in their cells. Some of their setups were quite complicated and we're looking for something designed as easy as possible. At this point, we just want our circuit to tune the IKEA tubes to the appropriate level so that it can be used in both Europe and USA.

Rationale:
    Tuning by hand, sanding, is to tedious and time consuming. We need to tune in a value; set it; and forget it!!
    Last edited by Slovenia; 12-19-2011, 01:06 PM. Reason: Added a line for clarification.

Comment

• That would be nice!!

Mr. DB
      We will see what I can do with my sonic setup?

--------------------------------
      Some Numbers??

I love those kind of Numbers [Test results]!!

I just got the ship Seaworthy last Night ,Just have to do An inspection This AM
      And I'm Done

Then I can get back to Testing Too

And yes Gordon ... Your Coil will get a dip in the Electric hot tub Also.........

Free at Last............... {for the moment]

Chet

PS
      Slovenia
      Any word on the little Savic Boy [Branilav] ??
      Last edited by RAMSET; 12-19-2011, 01:12 PM.
      If you want to Change the world
      BE that change !!

Comment

• Hi Slovenia,

Just a thought that might help:

Maybe Manual tuning by tension could be a more easy solution.

Just see it as the tuning of a guitar string, I think the same principle should count for a metal tube like object.

If you make the connection solid, you can even pull and push.

I made a little drawing to visualize:

By turning the bold on top the tension on your container/tube will be variable, and ( I think) as well as the resonating frequency.

This might eliminate difficult electronic tuning, as you just put on your power source and turn the screw slowly to see if you can bring the can to the resonance. ( Isolate the bolt carefully)

Cheers.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks!!

Hi Cherryman,

I appreciate your taking the time to help here. Thanks very much!! We'll test it out in this application.

Best Regards,
          Slovenia

Originally posted by Cherryman View Post
          Hi Slovenia,

Just a thought that might help:

Maybe Manual tuning by tension could be a more easy solution.

Just see it as the tuning of a guitar string, I think the same principle should count for a metal tube like object.

If you make the connection solid, you can even pull and push.

I made a little drawing to visualize:

By turning the bold on top the tension on your container/tube will be variable, and ( I think) as well as the resonating frequency.

This might eliminate difficult electronic tuning, as you just put on your power source and turn the screw slowly to see if you can bring the can to the resonance. ( Isolate the bolt carefully)

Cheers.

Comment

• Savic's Boy Update

The boy is in very bad shape. He is bleeding very badly in his intestine again. The hospital just can't seem to get him squared away. His parents are very concerned indeed. It's disrupting their life big time worrying about him. At one point several days ago he showed some signs of improvement but now he's in bad shape again. So, we need your prayers really bad for this little guy. He is a very intelligent well liked kid.

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
            Slovenia
            Any word on the little Savic Boy [Branilav] ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
              The boy is in very bad shape. He is bleeding very badly in his intestine again. The hospital just can't seem to get him squared away. His parents are very concerned indeed. It's disrupting their life big time worrying about him. At one point several days ago he showed some signs of improvement but now he's in bad shape again. So, we need your prayers really bad for this little guy. He is a very intelligent well liked kid.
              consider it done

-----

thanks Ramset....my curiosity was itching me....
              Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• IKEA Config

Cherryman,

This is the configuration I was eluding to for the IKEA boiler. It doesn't have a ring on the outside like the original Serbian boiler I introduced. It's a new design with the inner and outer tube both connected at the top and both energised by mains voltage. In this particular case, we're looking for a cathode much like that illustrated in the Savic Diagram below:

Best Regards,
                Slovenia

Comment

• Tuning Tubes Mechanically

So, if it's possible, we need to look for a way to tune the tubes mechanically but if not then we'll have to go the electrical route.

Thanks Cherryman for your input!!

Comment

• Thinking out loud again. (Not claiming anything)

Well, the most simple way. Easy accessible and due to the threading step-less variable. Would be using the same principle, adapted to the design.

I tried a little , see pic below.

But of-course this also could have a bad interference.

In the pic below you take a threaded rod, or long bolt so it dubble functions as the cup holder and when you turn it, pushes or pulls at the top of the can.

The top disc, has a little flat ring in the middle, when you tighten the ring , the dish is pressured.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Great Images

Cherryman,

Great images your provided for us. Would you be so kind as to enlarge them a bit so we can have a better look at them. I'd like a large copy of each of your five images if possible. The original image and the last four. Thanks in advance!! Your drawings are great.

Best Regards,
                      Slovenia

Thinking out loud again. (Not claiming anything)

Well, the most simple way. Easy accessible and due to the threading step-less variable. Would be using the same principle, adapted to the design.

I tried a little , see pic below.

But of-course this also could have a bad interference.

In the pic below you take a threaded rod, or long bolt so it dubble functions as the cup holder and when you turn it, pushes or pulls at the top of the can.

The top disc, has a little flat ring in the middle, when you tighten the ring , the dish is pressured.

Comment

• The pics were uploaded large, somehow the forum reduces them.

I reloaded them to tinypic:

There you are, glad I could help.

Peace.

Comment

• I will pray to!

I so much wish I could make him strong, my focus will be on this poor boy and he must recover all my love to Savic family!

With love D

Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
                          "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• Thanks!!!!

Hi Cherryman,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Your drawing ability is fantastic. Thanks a lot!!!!

Best Regards,
                            Slovenia

The pics were uploaded large, somehow the forum reduces them.

I reloaded them to tinypic:

There you are, glad I could help.

Peace.

Comment

• Results!

I promised to post results for sonic boiler:

5 min 1kW, temp rise in 60l water: total input from grid = 83 Wh, temp rise = 4,2 K. Result with resistance heater 0,6 K. COP = 4,2/0,6 = 7

Kind rgds D

Originally posted by daemonbart View Post
                              Hi Steve,

I dont mind telling

I have done many temperature tests and doing it almost everyday! I will post the requested data later today.. 60l temp rise in 5 min with 1kW input.

That will be the same as 83Wh, with resistance heater and no loss the water should rise 0,87 K, in real it will rise only 0,7x0,87 = 0,6 K

We will see what I can do with my sonic setup

Kind rgds D
                              "Being myself a remarkably stupid fellow, I have had to unteach myself the difficulties, and now beg to present to my fellow fools the parts that are not hard. Master these thoroughly, and the rest will follow. What one fool can do, another can."

Silvanus P. Thompson, F.R.S.

Comment

• Cherryman, this is fantastic 3d drawing...is it wings 3d...really love it

Thanks again
                                Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

Working...
                                X